RX480 Overclock

Bois i got my RX480 to 1469MHz stable with auto volatge anyone got an idea on voltage OC and can help me hit 1500MHz for bragging rights

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/gallery/tqKIs
youtube.com/watch?v=DPYf1Yq1eV8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Which Nitro do you have?

nitro+ 8gb

Post proof you insufferable faggot

Post asic also

Interested in this

imgur.com/gallery/tqKIs
here i hope you print it out and shove it up your scrotum

are you using it for vr or something?

I have the 8gb msi gaming x model and I don't see any reason to OC. It runs literally anything at 1080p/60fps+.

Just what are you doing with your card, I'm curious

bragging rights
also asic is at 83.5

Im trying to decide between a Nitro+ 8gb and EVGA 1060 6B

nitro+ beasts it ez and also good oc

>shove it up your scrotum

I have no intention of Overclocking myself
I have 1080p 60hz monitor

Currently have a GTX 760

if you care about power consumption get the 1060, but be aware that the rx480 has way better performance

480 still better

I'd go with RX480. It's faster than the 1060 and the difference will only grow with time.

>shove it up your scrotum

fair enough
can you turn off the meme LEDs on Nitro+?

yeah its in the Trixx software you can change how they display or just tell it to fuck off

only software? there is no hardware switch?

there is but it works for different bios like boost and normal clock, also another rx480 benefit is unlocked vbios

interesting

Sorry for hijacking this thread user, and asking a tech support tier question but I have a msi rx 480 gaming x 4gb, and I'm having some issues with getting stable fps, along with drops in recent aaa games so recently I installed unegine heaven, and valley benchmark to try and get to the bottom of it and my results are troubling.

here is an image of the benchmark, and here is a youtube video of someone with lower specs than me getting an insanely higher score.
youtube.com/watch?v=DPYf1Yq1eV8

I'm not sure what this points to, cpu issue or gpu issue can some kind user help me out with this I'm fairly retarded with computers.

post full specs

Some people want a stable 60fps. I have an R9 390 overclocked to piss which is much faster than an Rx 480, and it definitely isn't enough for 1080p in many games at 60fps. I can't even get 60fps in chivalry at 1440p due to GPU bottleneck and that game is old.

You can't run 8x AA on that card. Stick to 2x or disabled.

h110m gaming mb
msi rx 480 gaming x 4gb
8gb ram
corsair cx 600 psu
i5 6400

here is the result for my heaven benchmark, excuse camera phone picture please, i forgot i could take screenshots

might be psu not giving out enough watts to gpu

is your PSU bronze silver or gold efficiency?

the user on the YouTube video i posted was able to to get average 48fps running that on a rx 470 4gb

how can i go about checking that?

bronze

Yes you can

try opening msi afterburner and monitoring how many Watts (W) your gpu drawsunder a stress test (Recommend MSI Kombuster)

which 3d test, and settings do you recommend i use?

bindless furry, very bottom

The XFX 480 GTR and MSI 480 have been known to clock higher than the nitro on average

what has that got to do with anything?

alright i was drawing around 147-150W and fps was 30-34

what settings? use 8XMSAA and 1920x1080 fullscreen make sure settings custom

>>A or B?
>C

Autism

what are ya reffering to boi?

1920x1080 windowed, 4XMSAA, I'm redoing with your suggested settings currently and so far im getting 10-11fps and drawing 116-121W

very weird i get stable 25, check if your card is throtteling and check what clock its running at (monior tab)

also check temps

GPU Clock was 1303MHz
Memory Clock was 1750MHz 828MB
Temp was 71 c

most likely temps throtteling gpu core, try setting custom fan curvew

Veggaaaaaa wheeennnnnnnn

>got my RX480 to 1469MHz stable with auto volatge

HOW

Jesus fuck, did you get a good chip or is it consuming all of the power? I might buy one if it gets refreshed. Maybe even jump on Vega if it turns out not shit and priced well.

I changed it to run at a higher speed around 60c it's pretty loud now, should I retry MSI Kombustor?

set my core clock to 1469 without adjusting voltage xd

yeah should do better now, make sure power target is at +50%

dishonored 2, fallout 4, lots of unoptimized shit out there. sadly not all games have beautifully optimized engines like DICE or id tech.

Gpu Clock was 1303
Memory Clock was 1750 885MB-899MB
got 10-11fps again
Temps stayed 58-59 c

search online if not common issue RMA your card

also power target was on +50%

Doesn't seem like anyone else has this issue so I guess it's time to RMA, Thank you for helping me user :)

np boi

nah just got really fucking lucky with my cjip

>ITT people bragging about moving some sliders and watching temperatures rise
kek

should i buy a R9 Fury for 260 or a RX 480 for muh future proof 8gb

480 8gig

fucking a. those bears look happy as fuck

I sure wish tiddies were all spacetime defying devices.