RX 470 8GB vs RX 480 4GB

Okay guys, serious question.

RX 470 8GB vs RX 480 4GB

I have the MSI 470 8gb model but am debating on selling it for a 480 since it's apparently faster.

What do?

8GB is a meme on a slow gpu like 470, even the 480 never really needs the 8GB.

I've always bought the lower ram version of graphics cards, since the gforce 2 days. More vram is mostly a gimmic for easily fooled GAYmers.

I would like more vram on my 4GB r9nano tho, but that is because i use it for machine learning. 4GB is plenty for games.

ram's not the only difference on those cards

No, the 480 is faster ...

Is there any particular reason you want/need to do this right now? The difference is relatively small and there's a new line of cards coming out in a few months anyway.

it's not worth the effort at this point, you'd gain like 6-8 fps on average per game if you got a 4gb 480

>The difference is relatively small and there's a new line of cards coming out in a few months anyway.

You know what, you're right.
I completely forgot about that.
Thread dismissed. Thanks for the help everyone.

>RX 470 8GB vs RX 480 4GB
sell it

>8GB is a meme on a slow gpu like 470, even the 480 never really needs the 8GB.

Just played GTA V, over 4.5 GB of VRAM used
Just Cause, nearly 4 GB

It's useful to have some room for future games

how much is that 470?

Got it for $220 USD

how much faster? 10 fps more ain't worth shit.

u lucked out. do not sell it.
a 4GB 470 is shit compared to it.

480?

It is if you find a game where you're hitting 50 fps.

>4GB is plenty for games.
for now only though

how come gta 5 only uses 3.4 gb of vram for me?

settings you nog. stop posting anytime

if you are not crossfire ----> 4gb everytime

10 FPS is an additional 5 FPS per eye in VR games, that can be the difference from unplayable or not. Stop thinking about the here and now.
Not getting the 8GB if you can afford it is almost as retarded as going for a duo core when you could have 8. Sure the duo works fine now, but multi threading is rapidly coming in, so it'll be a waste of cash in the long run.
That's why I bought a R7 370 4GB 256bit card, instead of the 2GB 126bit. Because it's got greater longevity in my price bracket, even if I do get a latest and greatest card, I'll still have it for when I want do something that I can't spare my main card for.

You contacted nVida for your $30 refund yet?

>R7 370 4GB 256bit card
lmao

Beggars can't be choosers user :^)
I pick it up soon. Plus I've also got the option to get a secondhander for like $20 to crossfire if I please.