- performance
- number of cool addons

Other urls found in this thread:

vivaldi.com
bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1330328
forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?p=14721955#p14721955
github.com/janekptacijarabaci/greasemonkey/releases
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

just checked the archive and this is literally the first time this has been brought up.

Install Vivaldi

vivaldi.com

Pale Moon

inb4 ungoogle chromeme

Consumes more and launches flash processes that do not know how to disable

+1

I use Firefox, just out of habit it's been my browser of choice since version 1.5, I like how it's customisable in every aspect, and the choices of available addons.

Firefox until November, then Chromium or Vivaldi

Palemoon. It's like FF if FF was still good. My FF extensions that no longer work in FF still work in Palemoon.

Chromium is just Chrome but .02% less supported, you still get the full botnet experience

Firefox has been a clusterfuck of flaming shit since early 2016

Every single 3rd party browser in existence currently just needs to be put out of its misery

Pale Moon is the closest thing to usable I've found.

If a website absolutely refuses to run in it,HOME=/tmp firefox

>tfw been using firefox since 2006 and I'll sink with the ship

same, but once they go to webextensions the ship will be underwater. Time to swim for freedom.

Pale Moon + uBlockO + HTTPNowhere + Youtube High Definition

why? I thought webextensions were supposed to be better. I'm also interested to see how servo will perform.

webextensions are literally chrome's system. Including all of chrome's restrictions

hmmmmmmm

lmao

So I just extracted linux x86_64 version 4.0 tar.bz2 into /tmp and ran it with HOME=/tmp/firefox

and now it's been updating every time it restarts
>4.0 upgraded itself to 12.0
>12.0 upgraded itself to 45.0.2
>45.0.2 upgraded itself to 51.0.1
…that was actually kind of an adventure.

Apparently Firefox handles upgrading Linux portable installations of itself A-OK

false, the firefox devs have and are continuing to add functionality that chrome's webextensions don't have access to

i'll give it a chance...
does the firefox's addons work with palemoon?

unless you want to touch the UI - then you can fuck right off according to Mozilla

Addons are the most important thing for me and Firefox still destroys. I simply can't move to a different browser.

Yes, but you'll probably need to use older versions.

Some of them do.
uBlock does
Disconnect does
HTTPS Everywhere does
HTTP Nowhere does
ABP does not
Ghostery does not

When you go to the addons page it will dim out the ones that won't run on it.

pale moon should really spend their donations on fixing their engine instead of shills
bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1330328

I never once shilled pale moon - the forks are all shit in one way or another. FF in totality dies in November

>Vanilla Firefox
No, thank you. Have you heard of Waterfox (TM)?

Don't all these forks get security updates a lot later though? This should be a major concern.

>muh themeing API
It's basically just a new way to do Firefox themes since all of them are about to break. CTR has already confirmed that Mozilla has told them they aren't implementing the necessary api's for their extension to keep working.

I honestly use this as my main browser for just fucking around on the internet, but there's no way in hell I will ever say that its performance is even close to Chrome's or Firefox's.

Yes, it has the same add-on capability as Chrome. Yes, it's aesthetically appealing (to me anyways) because it allows me to really change every aspect of the placement of every taskbar or whatever you want to call it, and because the colors of the browser change when I go to a new website, and much more.

But, whenever it comes to loading up pages or loading the damn browser, it takes for fucking ever. I don't even have all of my programs fully loaded yet whenever my main PC boots into Windows, but Chrome loads almost right after I click it, despite my computer still loading all of its background processes, while Vivaldi is dragging ass. And it's especially worse on my laptop.

But I still use Vivaldi more, because I like to have more control over my PC than Chrome and Firefox allows me to have.

i only use tab groups addon frequently, it works?

citation needed, from their issues page it seems there's no opposition to implementing such things but it won't be in time for firefox 57.

ungoogled chromium

forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?p=14721955#p14721955

Quite, because it's not merely "Firefox is dead, go pick another browser" or Firefox vs Chrome.

If you want speed get Chromium. If you want pure speed, standards compliance and don't care about FOSS, get Chrome Canary.

Excellent, a proprietary dataminer.

Essentially "googled" vanilla Chromium except older and with less standards compliance because of the auditing needing to be done,

They have developed in-house replacements for Adblock, HTTPS Everywhere, and there is a compatible fork of Greasemonkey

github.com/janekptacijarabaci/greasemonkey/releases

No Rikaisama
No good Chinese popup dictionary addon

Those two things are dealbreakers for me

>abp
use ublock
>ghostery
nice botnet, use privacybadger instead

basically all you are saying is that the decent extentions work fine, and the shit ones dont

y until Nov?

I've found both ghostery and privacybadger are effectively placebo

Ghostery blocks absolutely nothing by default now, and privacybadger doesn't appear to do anything when its sitting behind ublock origin - it claims every single fucking tracker isn't actually tracking me, so I have to assume ublock origin is just blocking all that shit ahead of time and privacy badger isn't doing anything

In November FF kills its addon ecosystem by moving to webextensions

firefox

uBO also includes Disconnect's lists now, so it + any of those is redundant.

>implying that doesn't make it still a better alternative than Google spyware browser

Doesn't matter if it's included or not, you can use any filter list with uBlock Origin.

Here's my problem with Vivaldi - when I open a link in a new tab, the current tab switches to the new one, as expected. Then, when I click ANYWHERE on the new tab, it goes right back to the one I opened the link from. There doesn't seem to be anything in the settings to turn this off. It's annoying as fuck, I can't even hover on anything in the new tab, so it essentially shows me the page I just opened, makes me go back to the one I just linked from, and then click BACK to the tab I just opened.

Annoying as fucking hell, and since it's closed-source, I can't even go in an fix the fucker myself. It just bums me out because I like the tiled tab idea, but then the biggest fucking problem with the browser that I've run across is that it fucks up my workflow... because of its shitty tabbing.

Am I just retarded? Is there a quick fix for this?

stick to firefox since later you may not have a choose...

That's 28 Nov 2017, FF 57, my friend.

Firefox on Linux
Chromium on Windows

Try out waterfox

It's slower than both firefox and chrome. It is a horrible clusterfuck, but with still missing basic features.

That said, I keep my eye on it. It might be worth using in 3 years.

When is qutebrowser going to be safe again?

chromium

Firefox on phone
(extensions and performs ok, plus no botnet)
degoogled chromium or iridium everywhere else, firefox for everything else performs like shit and the ui is fucking awful

I use ungoogled chromium on my low performance laptop but I don't trust it. it's the only one that works smoothly though

I use firefox on everything else.

Chrome/chromium's alternatives to vimperator/pentadactyl are all pretty shit.

Stop being a faggot and run Chrome.

t. Google employee

t. common sense person that is not paranoid because of being filled with cognitive dissonance by living with a shitty desktop environment based on decisions that are based solely on stupid memes.

Iridium

I'm abandoning the ship already. Almost all extensions I use have similar options for Chromium.

I love Mozilla. But Firefox is just too slow compared to (ungoogled) Chromium. I'll gladly give it a chance again once Servo comes.

Opera

Firefox has been getting shittier for a while now, this year they're going to stop supporting their old extensions, which are pretty much the only reason to use FF at this point. Might as well get a head start and get comfortable with some Chromium variant.

>all these chromium shills

Please. PaleMoon is the perfect alternative. Also, there is H2OFox

>all these palemoon shills

>Chromium is just Chrome but .02% less supported, you still get the full botnet experience
Could you please explain this?

Vivaldi really just isn't mature enough yet, and it draws it's UI fonts poorly.

I don't like feeling like I'm using windows 10 on linux.

Only one is not owned/maintained by a marketing company.

Just use incognito mode, you twats.

Thoughts on SeaMonkey?

can you put tabs below address bar yet in chrome or chormium? it's only been what, 7 or 8 years

Weird, it's almost the opposite for me. FF on android is suuper slow compared to Chrome while on a computer I can't notice a difference.

Vimperator and google botnet are the only things keeping me on Firefox specifically.

Vimfx is nice, but too limited.

Pretty comfy, and it has good extension support.
Would recommend