This is what macOS looks like bonestock

as you flip the quality aluminum display up, you're greeted with this powerful, gorgeous DE. a smile escapes you as you feel utterly /comfy/

Other urls found in this thread:

insanelymac.com/forum/topic/285678-lenovo-thinkpad-t420-with-uefi-only/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>no trackpoint
literally unusable

> stock

> menu bar set to black

REEEEE

closest a thinkpad neckbeard will get to fingering a real woman's clit

It looks pretty sexy... and jumbled.

thinkpads run macOS fine bud

You want a computer that looks like a computer not a fucking cigarette case.

My Thinkpad has a nice 1080p screen; not that retina melting shit.

Stop astroturfing because you need to convince yourself it was okay to overpay for a piece of shit OS+computer combo that has been on life support since Steve Jobs died.

is this the new macOS desktop thread

i really like this macOS desktop.....

ty

>t. mactoddler

Is there any that implements that sort of tree structure for folders that apple has in linux or even windows?

Never used a glorious apple trackpad.

>t. mactoddler

i really want to try the huge trackpads on the new mbp's, looks really nice

t.mostautisticposteron4chan

no they don't

>those icons
>that aesthetic

completely rekt

is that why I run it fine

>trackpoint
>vs MacBook trackpad

Look at him and laugh.

They do, I run it on mine

Lookin' nicer, better and cozier/comfier than WinShit and Loonix, honestly, familias.

>1366 x 768

Older model MacBook and which model and year, and how much did you spend for on it? Or Hackintosh?

For 1366 x 768 that has to be low end, no? And how much RAM?

LOOK. I'm just asking because I want a budget MacBook around $300 - $600 refurbished, or Craigslist or from OfferUp, or whatever. Just so I can give one a spin and a try.

>2011 + 6
>listening to Flume and the xx
It looks great, though. Pretty happy I switched from windows.

Please explain how MacOS looks objectively """"""comfier""""""" than another OS.

>this is what rank consumerist nihilism looks like
Yeah we know kid. The rest of us do hard work so your capitalist dad can extract rent and buy you that.

But they do. Also yesterday updated to Sierra 10.12.3 via the App Store just fine, no issues at all.

old pic but i haven't changed anything anyway

ThinkPad T420 that's Hackintoshed. Bought it for 220 and it runs perfectly

Cool. I got a i7 t420i on 8 GB RAM. Got a link to that guide you followed to hackintosh yours?

I used this for the software installation insanelymac.com/forum/topic/285678-lenovo-thinkpad-t420-with-uefi-only/ but not sure if that would work with a T420i. Also you gotta flash a bios mod so you can replace the wireless card with a macOS supported one.

I bought it for $800 CAD off kijiji a year ago. you can find cheap tech especially around mid January from kiddies not satisfied with their holiday gifts.

>fingering a clit
user, that's not how that works.

>$800
>used
>cheap
At least tell daddy thank you so he doesn't take it out on us plebes.

post wallpaper please fampai

Yeah it looks good, Mac won the aesthetic concept. But it is expensive as fuck, Apple tax being all time high for the new MBP. Also latest models are not even shipped to 3rd world countries like mine so I am not going to pay 3 years worth of salary to buy a 2012 Macbook Air from some shady reseller.

Apple makes it difficult for ordinary people to enter their ecosystem, it is deliberate to maintain the elitism and brand identity as it is a status symbol for rich people or stupid people who buy things on credit and pay 40% interest rate.

My $400 HP laptop works just fine with Windows 10.

or just get a cheap laptop known for having excellent macOS compatibility like this t420 or an x220.

nah, all hackintoshes are buggy shits when you get down to it. not to mention with APFS coming up they probably will be obsolete

>why is this shit bloating my desktop
>try to close it
>no close button
>no minimize button either
>no status bar to drag it somewhere else with
>scan over the entire GUI for a way to get rid of it, but there is none
that's UNCOMFORTABLE, not "/comfy/".

A FUCKING LEAF

>APFS
>a filesystem optmised for SSD disks will make hackintoshes obsolite

I thought morons were not allowed to post on Sup Forums

Get that mf rake in here

at least in Sup Forums we can see their flags beforehand lol.. in here they are mostly incognito and their shitposts get more relevance lol

see that Itunes menu up top, or the icon on the task bar?

fucking autism.

>place hands on home row
>palms touch trackpad
>constantly lose focus and position in text because of accidental mouse input

>place hands on home row
>tfw no trackpad on my laptop
>only trackpoint, less than a cm away from each index finger
No accidental mouse movevent or clicks, ever.

Hackintosh on a computer is pretty neat.

On a laptop, unless it's a macbook, I wouldn't know really. On a small resolution it might not be that good at all.

The UI isn't the best thing about it, it's the font rendering. I'm able to work without suffering. You can work around that on Linux, but on Windows I just gave up. Rather than get eye cancer, I switched to this.

>iTunes
>crappy modern day hipster music
>safari
>spoitify
>Mac cleaner
>a leaf
This is the most reeeeee picture I've seen

And then you can't actually do any work on it because after a couple of hours of usage the glare from the glossy screen is giving you eye strain. The last Macbooks worth owning were the 2012 Pros with the matte screen option

>palms touch trackpad
enjoy your carpal tunnel syndrome user

I use both theyre perfectly fine

GNU/Linux*

Round corners are very comfy

u can do better than that

Joke's on you I think the pain feels great
But, you think you're not supposed to use the palm rest at all? How do you type on a laptop?

Look at how huge the new macbook's trackpad is. There's no way to not accidentally touch the trackpad while typing. And the problem has been so widespread any reputable laptop manufacturer has added a killswitch for their trackpads for years. My laptop doesn't even have one and it's the best setup I've tried.

I wish they hadn't changed the notification center. Putting aside the 'card widgets', why doesn't the color match the menu bar?

Can someone explain me why iCloud is so retarded?

I can't figure out how to free some space on my macbook without having the thing delete the stuff on iCloud too. How can this be so difficult?

desu my fault for buying a macbook

I think it's a feature that came with Sierra. Blame the quota for new features with every yearly release.

Is there any way around it? I just want my stuff to be on the cloud without it having to be on the machine too.

inb4 install Gentoo

>Thinkad with hybrid GPU Intel/Nvidia or Intel/AMD.
>MACos.
Lel no.

>Mackeeper

Too obviosu/10

I wanted to play something through my line in jack, but it doesn't work. Hackintosh doesn't seem to support such thing.

very aesthetic fäm

Literally never happens with superior Apple palm rejection. Other laptop manufacturers simply do not care.

I pray you never take your laptop out of the house like that.

I agree, the cards look shitty and it doesn't have a dark theme anymore

I dont think thats even possible in any OS. your stuff needs to be physically on the disk for it to be on iCloud.

if you want to free space on your disk, get monolingual, app cleaner and onyx.

where

nah, the 2016 macbook pros have a hilariously oversized trackpad. your palms literally rest on it and it definitely fucks with the cursor, I gave it a thorough testing in the Apple Store and it was fucking up.

>REEEEE

You son, along with the rest of your ilk on this site, are a fucking cock.

Now fuck off.

Would that work on an x220? Also, how did you get a t420 sans trackpad

Palm rejection is literal hardware implemented damage control.

*No native Sftp.
*Have to use Homebrew to get basic tools
*Plists... Really? You build a "Modern" os with XML
*Forced to use an Apple ID to Download updates.
*No equivalent to "Win + [arrow keys]
*Have to use the useless hotkeys like CMD + Shift and Escape/Del to lock the computer.
*Home and end keys does not work.
*Cant open NTFS native.
*Apples VPP program... Really?
*No functional Virtual desktops.
*Getting warnings cuz you open a program from the internet instead of the Apple-collective/App-store
*Uses the /Users folder instead of /home
*Inverted scroll direction cuz reasons...

Apple will get in the way of everything you do the moment you do anything more than just shitposting...

NOT /comfy/
If you want a comfy MacOS you will have to get to "rice" it. (Rice in this case is installing junk to make MacOS usable...)

holy shit, rekt

I would love to have macOS for PC. Just imagine how butthurt Microsoft would be. Imagine all game developers switching to Metal, Vulkan and OpenGL right away.

MacOS looks so much better than Windows 10 while still being less bloated on a fresh install than Windows, somehow

>I dont think thats even possible in any OS. your stuff needs to be physically on the disk for it to be on iCloud.
>if you want to free space on your disk, get monolingual, app cleaner and onyx.

So you're saying I can't sync my photos to iCloud and then choose to not sync them to my macbook without losing them?

Who the hell decided that this ass-backwards design is good

this frosted shit is hideous

>what is a hackintosh

>*No native Sftp.
>*Have to use Homebrew to get basic tools
Installing software is not "ricing". You can install those in a couple minutes.
>*Plists... Really? You build a "Modern" os with XML
Don't see how that can affect your performance.
>*Forced to use an Apple ID to Download updates.
You can have a "fake" Apple ID (throwaway mail and no credit card). Besides, they have your unique hardware ID anyway. Not a problem.
>*No equivalent to "Win + [arrow keys]
>*Have to use the useless hotkeys like CMD + Shift and Escape/Del to lock the computer.
>*Home and end keys does not work.
Yeah, the hotkeys and the actual keys are different from Windows PCs. Wow. It's almost like the OS and the hardware it comes with provides different ways of interaction with it, like gestures, hot corners and different key combinations.
>*Cant open NTFS native.
An actual drawback. But Windows can't read Apple's FS as well, right?
>*Apples VPP program... Really?
ya rly
>*No functional Virtual desktops.
What did he mean by this?
>*Getting warnings cuz you open a program from the internet instead of the Apple-collective/App-store
That's a good thing, and it only does this when you open an app for the first time.
>*Uses the /Users folder instead of /home
At least it doesn't use drive letters ;:^)
>*Inverted scroll direction cuz reasons...
preferences - mouse - uncheck the box

>case statement for each page
Literally sickening.

After defending PHP for so long as an avid programmer with it, I am starting to see why people say PHP is bad, its not the language, its the failed programmers that use it.

its not a laptop baka

An unsuported way to have macOS without all its features like continuity, the AppStore and everything else.

uhhh your dumb literally everything just werks

This looks worse than a fuckig 7 year olds iPad. What the fuck is this shit

If installed correctly with decently supported hardware, Everything does just work as it is supposed too App Store, updates, etc. The only thing that gives you trouble on any hackintosh is iMessage/FaceTime which Apple keeps under a tighter lock and key. With a lengthy call with Apple Support you can even get that working

>Does look nice, but I prefer sharp corners.

Literally cucked

who are you quoting

can you develop and publish for iOS on hackintosh?
i have no other use for it

I used a macbook for about 2 years, it was pretty bad, even after i wiped OS X off of it.
I sold it, now I'm just using a T420, and it's much better

But what OP talked about is a bonestock MacOS.
And almost all of your answers just proves my point...
"I love MacOS! It just works! After
You change the scroll direction.
Install a third party package manager,
Installs a sea of applications that should be included in any *nix OS
Creates a throwaway Apple ID and registers it
Creates hotcorners to cover the fact that i cant use basic hotkeys to do things like minimize all windows.
Install programs like steermouse for your mouse, a NTFS compatibility program to use an external HDD with any other OS.
Disable the block for opening programs from the internet.

Enjoy that "bonestock" OS...

What OP talked about was what macOS LOOKS LIKE bonestock.
Why are you trying to start shit around package managers and apple id? Is changing scroll direction really hard? Are you autistic?

I loved the old OSX/iOS looks.
That was classy, comfy, aesthetic.

This is just some modern day homo garbage.
Well, half of Apple's leadership is gay, go figure.

> Installing software is not "ricing". You can install those in a couple minutes.
That is a lie. Homebrew is often old, etc.
Most basic programs also cost money in the Store, that are just free for Windows.

yes of course.
you can even use a VM.

>talks about stuff i dont care about
>must be autistic

> PHP
> hipstar terminal
> hipstar font
go die in a fire

his opinion can be trusted, he uses haskell

>for rich people or stupid people who buy things on credit and pay 40% interest rate.

It's funny, because Apple offers 0%-interest payment plans for basically all of their devices.

>no close button

Are you 9? Use the extremely comfy hotkeys, Cmd+W and Cmd+Q, for closing a window and quitting an app respectively. Honestly, it's X buttons that aren't comfy. I don't even like them on Windows, where they're now gigantic to accommodate sausage-fingered tablet users.

The trackpad has palm rejection. I'm resting my palm on my Macbook's trackpad right now, and nothing's happening.

Glare is subjective and depends on your environment. The benefits of a glass-front screen, on the other hand, are more universal: it's easier to clean, it's harder to damage (poke poke), and the colors come through better.

Palm. Rejection.

iCloud sucks, use Google Drive.

No, it's a literal solution to a problem. That's like saying keyboards are literal hardware implemented damage control in the face of punchcards or something.

>creates hotcorners to [...] minimize all windows

There's a gesture that does something remarkably similar. And, really, Windows has a far bigger raft of dumb bullshit you have to change before it's usable. The whole Home SKU is unusable, for fuck's sake, you have to get Pro.

>go to coffee shop
>open up my Macbook Pro I paid $2400 for
>can't plug my headphones in
>at least everyone in the coffee shop is jealous of my new macbook
>they are all looking at it

says the faggot that praises OSX in almost it's lowest point. Your dad fucking his sister was a mistake, we have to put up with the likes of you.

Can you move the dock to the left and make it 3 times thinner? This alone makes it unusable to me.

if you have a huge photos library, just get an external drive.