What is the best rom out there now that Cyanogen is dead? what do you queers run

what is the best rom out there now that Cyanogen is dead? what do you queers run

Other urls found in this thread:

microg.org/
twrp.me/devices/motorolamotog2016.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

cm13

Replicant.

That

5.1.1 AOSP ROM

iOS

It seems strange that a "fully free" operating system would only work on phones made by Samsung...

Lineage OS. It's literally CM with a different name.

iOS :^)
but seriously if I could do my last phone purchase over again I'd consider a nexus but probably get an iPhone. Fuck having to mod a device to get security updates, fuck the lack of proper access control and file encryption. And when everything needs play services, aren't both platforms effectively walled gardens?

There's open source alternatives to play services. The only thing that really requires them is the Play Store which is shit anyway.

Samsung used to publish FOSS firmware for some parts of the phone, and FOSS drivers for most of it, or docs
They stopped completely after the Note 2 iirc though
No other manufacturer ever released anything close, that's why Replicant is only supported """well""" on old Samsung phones

Resurrection Remix

This

>but seriously if I could do my last phone purchase over again I'd consider a nexus but probably get an iPhone

No proper adblocker is a definite deal-breaker for me, among other things, like having to use that bloated piece of shit itunes just to transfer media/files from my phone to computer

>Fuck having to mod a device to get security updates

What good are updates if they brick your phone like what happens with iphones? You can't even roll back either. Apple has it's users by the fucking balls

Seconded

>work
You're giving replicant too much credit.

>he didn't hear the news

Jesus dood. Get a new phone

>tfw it has an S5 build
Does it have a built in updater like cyanogen?

This

im poor

Yeah

Lineage OS.

What?

>having an iphone makes you rich

Too bad none of these support the LG G4 Stylus (h635).

Oh well, that's what I get for not doing the research I guess...

Miui 8,it has some flaws but it is pretty comfy desu

Running the latest 7.1.1 release on this Samshit tablet

Lineage (:

4chanos

Aac lcan you trust software life this? How do you know it isn't less private than stock roms?

Btw how does it handle root access? CM has its own foss su binary, does resurrection remix come with the proprietary pos that is supersu?

CopperheadOS, only distro that has a page with documentation, and doesn't use a singe XDA forum thread fir general discussion, issue reporting and releasepage.

it is more expensive than your zuk z2 tho

what the best rom for an old person? super simple, big icons ect. just got a xiaomi 5s plus for my mum and i'm waiting to get my unlock application returned. just got that evie launcher on it for her for now

The Apple iPhone 7 Plus.

Ressurrection remix
Mokee rom

Got build for the Armani or no ?

Yeah man, I don't buy a phone unless it meets these criteria:
>supported in CM
>can get an OtterBox Defender for it
>removable SD card
>removable battery
>decent/good specs, esp RAM

Basically if you stick to flagship phones you are good but yes you have to do your homework.

I'm currently using s5 and I love it. On pure CM with no botnet. It's super snappy and battery lasts like 2 days. Never been happier with a phone ever.

It has the same root access as CM (as it is based on CM).

RR Best rom

Depends on the phone. I really like SlimRom

>using the smiley with a carat nose

this tbqh

I have an old Oneplus One because CM was the official rom. Are there any other phones like that I could upgrade to?

Is MIUI8 good for non Xiami phones?
I think it looks pretty

I trie out Lineage OS but it was pretty buggy on my OnePlus 2, I'm using AOKP right now and it's working swimmingly

Omnirom

LineageOS on Zenfone 2 (Z00A)

This on an LG G3, AOKP on moto G4+

The question you should ask is why Cyanogen had to die.

>best rom
LineageOS, of course.

I want to install LineageOS and keep everything without wiping but I have the encryption activated + shared storage with the sd card. I don't know if this might fuck up the migration to LineageOS from cm14.1.

I want to install Lineage but the no Xposed support is keeping me on CM 13.

i've got an i9505 running cyanogenmod
should i switch to resurrection remix

nevermind just did it and it's fucking amazing

Dirty Unicorns is better.

cm13 because there's no xposed for nougat

Its called lineage os now...

>sourceforge

Hah. It worked like a charm.
I didn't have to worry.

LineageOS w/o gapps. Superior battery life even on my Zenfone 5.

regret getting a amazon fire hdx. This shit is a nightmare to root.

>There's open source alternatives to play services
microg.org/

Did you pay cash for it upfront or do you rent/lease your device? Most people don't actually own their phones much like a car.

What's the best rom for a note 3 guys?

Just upgraded my Galaxy S3 to lineage this weekend from CM14.1. Feels good.

+1

Is stock + Root + Xposed not viable anymore?

can I install lineage OS using the default recovery in my moto g4?

Meh, normally the stock recoveries only accept ROMs signed with the manufacturers key, unless of course Motorola made an exception.

uhm, I would be really surprised. I always used TWRP but there isn't an official build for this phone, should I wait for one or just go with another recovery/unofficial port of twrp?

I'm running pure nexus

Can't say because I have no experience with your brand.

I suggest to read some on xda-developers what other owners of your exact model have done.

What can I get on a G5 with android 7?

I'm an extreme poorfag and have an "alcatel one touch", it's my only phone
Does this piece of shit support any roms? Should I even bother risking it?

>install lineage
>camera barely works
>battery life is shit
>temp sensor is out

Can't complain :^)

>bigass warning "DANGER YOU BOOTLOADER IS UNLOCKED AND THIS DEVICE CAN KILL YOUR FAMILY" on every startup
heh, why can't those things works like normal mobile computers

What is the best Ron for note 4 guy?

just flash a different boot image you nob

I know, I just don't like their attitude toward people that just want to install a different rom.

There is a official TWRP for the G4
twrp.me/devices/motorolamotog2016.html

Oh, yeah its retarded ill give you that.

What's the exact model name?

that's the G4, mine is the g4 play (codename harpia)

what are you thinking about pureNexus, ofc without gapp

OnePlus 3T FreedomOS 1.2 Nougat (OxygenOS based), overclocked 2.4 GHz
Best single thread boiiiis

Meanwhile iPhone 7 gets 3300

>using the smiley with a carat nose

This literally resurrected my old Xperia ZL. Top fucking notch.

Lineage Os fails the signature verification on my device (using twrp). what to do?

>No proper adblocker is a definite deal-breaker for me
Adblocking on iOS works as well as on Android.

ok apparently it is supposed to fail on first install

Is there any reason to run roms if you can debloat stock and add xposed?

Not really. If you're on Nougat Xposed isn't available though

freedom

>can't roll back
>what is shsh

The phone might not look splendid anymore but it's still very much usable user. Why trade it in for a new one? There's also tons of Roms support for it. Heck even it's one of the few devices that has an abundant amount of 7.1.1 Roms made for it.

Too bad Oneplus One went full Jew and refuses to release the driver binaries though.

You could look into the OnePlus 3T. Lot's of roms and I believe they even released the driver source code.

Anything other than pure AOSP is considered harmful

What roms are you Samsung Galaxy S4/LG G2 owners using?