This is the best keyboard out there for a coder. trackpoint to keep you focused on your work...

This is the best keyboard out there for a coder. trackpoint to keep you focused on your work. The only thing better would be the older model with the older button style.

Other urls found in this thread:

thinkpad.lenovo.com.cn/product/51077.html?twsrm2
pckeyboard.com/page/product/UB40PGA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

If you have a trackpoint for easy mouse movement why do Vim / emacs go full autist when it comes to key bindings to move cursors and lines and such?

"You CCCOOOULLLLLLDDDDDDDDD use the mouse or arrow keys I guess, but instead is C - x - C - m - c - n "

sometimes you need to google something

ridiculous

I think they do sell the old style, but it's pretty expensive IPO.

Remove IPO

I can just buy an old thinkpad with a busted screen on craigslist. Rip off the screen and install vnc if I had to. $500 is ridiculous

>chiclet piece of shit
at least post the decent version

>choosing the worst one

>choosing the worst one
so much better options

>choosing the worst one
>not owning this one
today OP was a faggot

The point is that the transition from using the keyboard to using the mouse is effortless and doesn't take your fingers away from home row. I use the keyboard in the OP at my work. Trackpoint is good stuff.

>

well this doesnt exist tho.

hmmm
thinkpad.lenovo.com.cn/product/51077.html?twsrm2

most emacs/vim powerusers end up creating modal configurations, it ain't hard

it does.
40 were made with the thinkpad logo and the black backplate.
The one I'm using to write right now doesn't have the logo but it's the same keyboard.

WTF! How do I get this?

obligatory

It's made by tex electronics, the owners have been saying it's going to be on massdrop soon for months but they keep extending when it will be available. Search for tex on /r/mechanicalkeyboards if you want more information.

I've been itching to ditch my gaudy razer mech keyboard. I will hold out for this.

search for tex yoda*

pckeyboard.com/page/product/UB40PGA

How much did this cost on massdrop?

>scissor switches
no

100 and something for all the parts and 200 plus for the assembled one. Totally worth it.

no trackpad/10

>not having a TrackPoint and trackpad

my point exactly, the nipple as pointing device and the trackpad configured as fullsized scrolling device is the superior configuration

At work I rock the Code Keyboard. Absolute pleasure to type on. If you are going to spend a lot of time typing may as well enjoy the experience.

Into the trash it goes.

Patrician.

>having to fn to access Del/Home/End/PgUp/PgDn

Cherry switches too noisy
Scissor switches too shallow
Buckling springs too rare
No TKL rubber dome
There is no keyboard in the world for me

get cherry mx brown with o-rings
pretty quiet desu

Releasing any and all cherry switches is much noisier than bottoming out

Same problem with those Topre keys in that CM keyboard
Only switches quiet enough for me are those Matias Quiet ones. But they are 35g or something like that and get super shitty reviews.

lurk moar you fucking retard

>buckling springs too rare
Since when is something readily available for purchase rare?

>cherry switches too noisy
Nice allcherryswitchesareblue meme

cool. this must be the only keyboard in the entire world with less keys than the cucked lenovo 6-row keyboard layout.

I can't find a TKL buckling spring keyboard with blanks or nordic. So yeah

why are these almost as expensive as a whole thinkpad?
is it really so hard to build an adapter from the keyboard->laptop connector to USB/PS2?

seriously some of these ultranav keyboards are in the 100$+ segment while a thinkpad keyboard costs like 30~ bucks

See
Releasing a blue is noisier than the click

>TKL

I have this and I pretty much never use the trackpoint. Everything is more convenient with a mouse even though I have to move my hand farther.

I dunno, I bought mine new for like $40.

I thought QWERTY was designed to be a piece of shit. Aren't there keyboard layouts designed for coders?

>best keyboard for a coder

how the FLYING FUCK am I supposed to use acme with only 2 mouse buttons?

also, we're called "coders" now? kek

at least it was supposed to be a piece of shit. you just turned out that way

Yeah well it's what I prefer

who do I have to kill to get that exact model

Is there such a thing, but cheap?

I have this board. It's nice.

I want this fucking thing.

Too bad they fucked up the /| bs keys

there's a third mouse button right in the middle