Why do normies get always an unrealistic view of AI and robots?

Why do normies get always an unrealistic view of AI and robots?

Why they assume robots will develop consciousness if nobody in the AI comunity even think is possible or is even researching it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JiiP5ROnzw8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Back in the days doctor community belived that diseases were caused by demons. Turned out to be pile of horse shit.

Not really, my point is that the AI comunity is doing a shit PR job.

there's not a single realistic movie about AI.

Point of movies is not to be realistic, point is to entertain qudience and earn money. Also many technologies were predicted by fictions decades upfront.

problem is they're giving wrong opinions to normies.

there's not a counter balance.

Can you prove that those opinions are 100% wrong? I think not. Just hold your tits and wait on what will future bring.

youtube.com/watch?v=JiiP5ROnzw8

Obviously, but trying to offer a counter balance while still being exceptionally entertaining is basically as impossible as you getting laid.

Just go watch Ex Machina. You'll see what he means.

Because they do not understand. They also do not understand that they do not understand.

Or as Rumsfeld would say, there are things we know, there are things that we know that we don't know, and then there are things that we don't know that we don't know.

>le normies
>post a frog

Ironic isn't it

Triggered normies detected

Is not impossible, it simply requires good writers.

I could write a novel about an old lady that gets her new AI bot friend robot nurse and in the end his daughter discover the bot is not intelligent, but her mother doesn't believe and she rather believe the bot is real.

See?

Not hard to write about.

Please take your mental illnes elsewhere, this is seriois discussion.

back to facebook retard if you're triggered by r9k.

well, currently-existing AI isn't that interesting. wow, facebook can guess who you'll want to be friends with, whoop-de-doo.

a movie about plausible future AI risk scenarios would be cool though.

Consciousness is extremely easy. I guess you were watching Westworld which also does that mistake. Every basic animal has consciousness because it has tools to make it function with the environment with a central brain.

The only real questions people find difficulty are regarding 1) Self-Awareness and 2) Why the hell are humans so smart.

I believe both as simple why. 1) Because it would be less intelligent to not know who you are 2) Because it's more efficient.

I'm triggered by facebook, actually.

>other websites steal our memes
>I'm triggered
fuck off

make me, social media baby