In the market for new tablet

Looking into buying a new tablet. Right now I'm leaning to the galaxy s2 tab. You anons have any recommendations? What tablet do you use?
Anyone have the galaxy tab? How is it?

Other urls found in this thread:

gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_tab_a_10_1_(2016)-8090.php
gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=8090&idPhone2=7438
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

In general, the industry does not give a flying fuck about Android tablets. Developers don't optimize for them, and manufacturers don't support them as well as they should.

If you want a tablet, you get an iPad Pro or a Surface Pro. No exceptions.

This is true, best option might be something that dual boots windows and android, see Xaomi MiPad or Telcast x98

Want to stay away from Apple.

How is the surface pro? Might be a retard question, but after seeing it on Google's tablet the pixel c, does the surface run LTE?

>touchwizz

The Surface Pro does have an LTE model, yes.

The bad thing about the Surface pro is the screen ratio. 16:9 just doesn't work that well for tablets.
4:3 is king.

But iPad pro is a joke device, so you can't really use that either...

The iPad Pro is a lot more serviceable than you'd expect. Most days, my 12.9" (with battery, cable, and Pencil) is the only thing I carry to class.

The SP3 and SP4 are not 16:9 it's 3:2

No, it doesn't - only the Surface 3 is available with LTE.

gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_tab_a_10_1_(2016)-8090.php

>>FullHD res
>More than fast enough for everything you would want to do on a tablet.
>Cheap
>Can be rooted
>Battery lasts forever
>Nobrainer

OP, I have a galaxy tab s2.

While people dislike touchjizz, that one is pretty fucking smooth. It's really, really fast. I always complained about Samshit products being slow and bloated but this one is actually pretty usable, and the screen, size and weight is pretty cool. IF I had any use right now for it though, I would keep it, but I'm selling it. I need a laptop way more than this shit. I really recommend it anyways.

Nintendo Switch

Oh, did they change that in the 4th?
Sorry for spreading misinformation then.

Still, the surface 4 is a year old now. I'm going to wait for the next generation.

That thing doesn't even have a web browser. It's so useless. Nintendo could have lured in some people with it if they put some applications there, so them normies would be like "why not spend a little extra and get tablet + new console" but instead it's just for games. What a waste.

>smooth
>touchwizz
>bloat

What's the major difference between the tab a and the s2?

I just think the surface might be a little bit on the big side in my opinion.

So right now it look like it's between the iPad pro 2, the galaxy tab s2, and the galaxy tab a.

SP3 and SP4 are both 3:2, it was 16:9 is 1 and 2.

You can pretty routinely get an i5 SP3 for like $350-$400 on refurbished deals.

>just for games
trying to make it a non-game media consumption device would be retarded

Nintendo is marketing towards kids not twitter obsessed teens

How big is the difference between the I5s and the I7s on a surface?

You should try it.

I got both the Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 and the Note 8.0 and I can tell you, touchwizz ruins the experience on them despite having more features, because of how sluggish it is. On Tab 2 though, that shit is legit fast. I had no faster tablet that would have a stock ROM this fast.

gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=8090&idPhone2=7438

The galaxy s line is samsung's high-end stuff. The A-line is the budget line.

Basically the screen on the tab a is worse but the battery life is much greater.

Really? Wow, that's incredibly retarded. One of my favorite things about my LTE iPad is that I can use it pretty much anywhere without ever having to worry about WiFi.

Yeah, what a market. The same one that spent less than 200 bucks before (due to a price drop, because nobody bought the fucking 3DS at launch) + $40 games, now has to spend 300 + 60 for each game. Parents must be so happy about that.

It's a games console :^)

Shield Tablet nigga

What's a good yuropoor price for some used (in good condition) Galaxy Tab S2?

Why does all the samshit look just like apple products?

Not significant, and I think on the SP3 the i7 has more fan/throttling. The RAM being 4GB and 8GB is the biggest difference.

Another question would be, should I just say fuck it, and hold out for the galaxy tab 3?

I see, thank you user. An I5 with 8GB seems to be the most reasonable choice.

>implying they can't just drop the price of the Switch if it doesn't sell, just like the 3DS

>implying everyone who buys their kids a PS4 or an Xbox One hasn't already made their peace with $60 games

Agreed. I have a pretty nice PC, so I'm obviously looking for a tablet that I can get online with. If the surface 4 had LTE I would probably bite

8GB cost a lot more - depending on how much you plan to do with it. 4GB is usually fine tablet shit.

For what it's worth, Remote Desktop is pretty well-implemented on iOS. I use it daily. Best of both worlds, in my experience.

>implying they can't just drop the price of the Switch if it doesn't sell, just like the 3DS

They do that, they're going to put the final nail in their coffin. People already have a good amount of distrust for Nintendo, given the failure the Wii U was. Fucking people over buying the console at launch once again is just not even funny anymore.

>implying everyone who buys their kids a PS4 or an Xbox One hasn't already made their peace with $60 games

Not as big of a market as the handhelds for that sort of audience.

Anyone have any idea when Samsung's next tablet comes out? Thinking about just waiting, but my luck it won't be until December.

Really bummed when I seen Google's tablet is wifi only

>using the smiley with a carat nose

>Fucking people over buying the console at launch once again is just not even funny anymore.

First of all, that happens with literally every console *ever*. Second, you originally said that there were almost no early adopters for the 3DS, and now you say that a bunch of people were upset about the price drop.

>Not as big of a market as the handhelds for that sort of audience.

The whole point of the Switch is that it serves both markets simultaneously. And, frankly, it's dumb to compare the obviously inflated launch price of the Switch to the post-price-drop price of the 3DS. I don't really see much difference between the two.

I'm not a booster for the Switch by any means. I'm cautiously optimistic, admittedly, but still skeptical, and definitely won't be buying it at launch. What you seem to be doing is talking from your ass out of a desire to see Nintendo fail.

Get some integrity, and get your priorities straight.

Topic is about tablets

I'm perfectly aware of that, and I've contributed to the topic as well in my previous posts. I will not, however, pass up an opportunity to shut down a shitposter.

also in the market for a new tab. was thinking about huawei m3. something about being one the best mediatabs. new nexus tab when?

>First of all, that happens with literally every console *ever*.
Yeah, a 30% price drop happens with every console after a few months. Sure thing champ

>Second, you originally said that there were almost no early adopters for the 3DS, and now you say that a bunch of people were upset about the price drop.
Indeed they were a bunch, and indeed the 3DS wasn't selling shit. There wouldn't be a need for them to do that dick move if it sold well, but it was still quite the dick move. Also it took a good while until the 3DS was worth buying -after- the price drop. Never mind their promises on content for ambassadors that turned into nothing, after giving a bunch of ROMs.

>The whole point of the Switch is that it serves both markets simultaneously.
You mean the market of people who are looking for an underpowered home console, with third party support limited to dated ports or indie games and expensive accessories, and the market of people who are looking for a gigantic handheld that has a battery life that's "good if you play picross"? Yeah, got them covered

>What you seem to be doing is talking from your ass out of a desire to see Nintendo fail.

I have a desire for them to compete. I've been having that desire for a decade and they haven't yet delivered. To see people falling for it after that many times is disheartening. It's like Apple, they could do great things and they take the opportunity to fuck things up 20 times in a row only because they're swimming in money and they can do whatever the fuck they please.

I have a nexus 7 2013. It's started to show its age sometimes when opening apps or loading pages and taking it's sweet time compared to my also old S5 phone. I've taken to watching shows in bed when I have nothing I want to read so I'm thinking about a 10 inch and I'd like a book case that I can stand it up on similar to the case I have for my N7 because it's a nice case even after 4 years of wear.

Suggestions? Budget is $200-300, but I can also wait for upcoming stuff