Paid 100 dollars for an used MSI GTX 780 to upgrade from my GTX 660

Paid 100 dollars for an used MSI GTX 780 to upgrade from my GTX 660.

Did I do good?

Other urls found in this thread:

anandtech.com/bench/GPU16/1489
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yeah, not bad considering 750 Ti cards go for the same price.

not even a little

For an extra $100 you could of gotten a GTX 1060 3gb which is way better.

Enjoy your oven

People buy 1060 3gb cards? I'm still astounded that Nvidia even bothered with 1050 and those low end 1060 cards when AMD eats their lunch in that price range with better performance.

not really

I haven't kept up with hardware since 2013, is AMD cards having shit for drivers still a meme?

Their drivers are pretty respectable now.

and the microstuttering meme?

Do they make discrete GPUs that idle below the surface temperature of the earth's sun? (roughly 70C)

Normalfag here. I might buy my first video card in decades if you can convince me I won't be disappointed with fan noise and heat management. All I want to do is work stuff (run a terminal+text editer) and play league of legends.

Still present with multiple GPU setups, but for single GPU setups, it's gone.

no point in buying a video card if the heaviest thing you will do is running LoL. the integrated chip will do that good enough.

What if I want to sometimes play WoW and maybe try mordheim and some other First Person type stuff? I don't need a premium experience but I want to be able to play more games than I currently can on my rMBP.

how much better does the 780 feel over the 660? Asking because I found a $780 for about the price of a 750 ti here, and am going to embrace the autism in basing a purchase off of someone else on Sup Forums

You can compare benchmarks on a lot of sites. Try anandtech.com/bench/GPU16/1489 for one.

You should have bought a R9 290 instead

I have 2x7970, some games are worse than others, obviously, but for the most part they're fine.

>extra $100
>for a 3gb 1060
For $200 you can get an 8gb 480

nice meme. now go and install gentoo

Those cards exist because there's idiots who actually believe any NVIDIA card to be better than any AMD card. I have a 380x and one of my friends legitimately thinks his 750Ti is better because it's NVIDIA.

>durr you get a better product for double the price DURR
>still 3gb

Depending on your country. In Canada a 480 is selling between $350-450 on average.

>Canada
found your problem

We talk like fags and our shit's all retarded. It really sucks as a consumer.

>tfw used gtx 780s go by the same price as new rx 480s in my cunt
It feels terrible to live in the third world

no

im sorry

sorry that i should've bought one on release and experience this amazing price/perf sooner? i agree

Get a GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

Nope. Her for one night would have been the better deal.