K we reached end game

k we reached end game

Other urls found in this thread:

vesa.org/featured-articles/vesa-publishes-displayport-standard-version-1-4/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>buying expensive and unnecessary shit

If Trump can build a wall, then I can buy this, fuck you.

Finally, too bad its gaymer oriented.

Pretty much the only game you'll be able to play at 4k at 144Hz is CS:GO.

I can't work out which is the bigger meme, VR or 4k.

I doubt there is any UHD media at 144fps right now
What else would you use this monitor for?

i'd buy it if it comes in a non-gaymer style

For what purpose?

if it can run at 120hz you can play 4k movies (24fps) and tv (30fps) without tearing

this is a monitor user not a video game!

future proofing?

even it it fakes frame, its nice knowing that there is a 4k monitor that can handle 144

impressive specs. make the design non-autistic and I'll get on in 2047

Are people so retarded on a technology board?
There's not enough bandwidth in DP 1.4 to support HDR, 144Hz and 4k at the same time, you have to lose one.

vesa.org/featured-articles/vesa-publishes-displayport-standard-version-1-4/

alright champ

No you don't lose anything you actually have to gain one more displayport

>compression

Lol, I love it when my 4k looks like 1440p

MST is buggy as hell even on Windows, much less Linux.

some of us just want a 144hz 4k monitor since its much better on the eyes.

i dont play anything except for starcraft but i find it makes a huge diff.

right now im rocking a 144hz 1440p freesync 27" ips.

and its a majort step up from 1440p 60hz.

so i cant wait until 4k 100+ mhz is considered normal.

>implying lincucks are even allowed to have this

when that future comes there are going to be more options for less money bro?

is that how you fags rationalize your purchases? jesus fuck.

Even with DSC it still says it's only up to 120Hz, and DSC increases input lag and decreases image quality.
Your choices at this point are two DP cables, and that's buggy as shit but I don't expect for you to know that since you never used a 30Hz Dell when 4k monitors just started coming out.
The other is waiting for DP 1.5 or 2.0 or whatever they'll call it that has enough bandwidth for HDR10, 144Hz and 4k on a single cable.

But I guess idiots really like buying snake oil so this will sell like hotcakes

im not poor when something better comes i buy it

I can only assume it's to future proof for the 4k @ 144Hz @ 8-bit mode in 1.5 or whatever they decide to call it.

>future proofing
That's what they said when they had camera film in the 1920's, they're still waiting on over-24-fps movies

Thomas Edison said anything below 46fps would hurt your eyes

I take it it's not an IPS panel? I'm holding out for a 4k PG279Q

He was also a white nigger.

>to intelligent to read the specs
>to intelligent too not already know what I know is right

I take it you're retarded? Im holding out for a good (you)

>bigger meme 4k or vr
Neither are a meme. 144HZ on a monitor on the other hand...
Text and shit looks nice at 4k, HDR is actually a huge boost and a gtx 1080 can run everything 40-60fps 4k.

Only complaint is stupid streaming services don't support their highest settings on PCs.
I like ips but when you are turning down quantum dot it's time to stop.

I have a monitor with 1440p resolution, IPS panel, 1ms response time, 144hz refresh rate, and G-sync.

I forgot the model name. Its like 27 inches I think.

Anyway, this monitor cost like 800 bucks new, about a year and a half ago. My parents got it for me on my birthday. Its performed really well and I cant possibly imagine any way you could improve the damn thing.

As long as G-synch is still a thing, I'll be using this monitor for a long time.

60hz is low, because some games which arent intensive can be run at a higher frame rate and will look smoother, but past 120 frames is meaningless. The monitor can handle anything I throw at it, and having it able to push out 4k resolution at 144hz+ is pointless as Ill most likely never be able to use that to its fullest. If Im running a game at 4k I'll be lucky to hit 60fps even with the latest gpu tech. And as it is now, I play new games at 1080p to get 60+fps.

1440p is ideal for this size of monitor. Since getting this monitor I havnt had a single time where I felt the display quality was lacking in any way that wasnt a limitation of the graphics card.

In other words, I think monitor tech has gotten good enough for all practical purposes, and everything on top of that is just overkill. Im more interested in the the fact prices should start to drop on monitors with specs like mine now that there are more G-sync monitors coming out with higher specs.

It would be nice to get a second monitor like my current one to replace the old 60hz monitor I use as my second one.

Thanks for reading my blog post.

and suddenly kino became illegal

I just want a 4k oled HDR ready freesync 2.0 monitor with a range of 30-60hz. Is that too much to ask?

>gaymur shit
Go jump off a bridge.

Truly a man ahead of his time.

High dynamic range looks like someone turned the contrast up to 11.

I'm not justifying anything. I'm just happy someone finally makes a 4k 144hz monitor so that in 2-3 years I can buy a regular Dell branded non gaymer 4k monitor that can do 144hz on an IPS panel.

Not quite. If you turn up the contrast you're not gonna gain any image information while HDR can display more information at the same time.

HDR is just a higher standard for compositioning of contrast and colors

what really is important here are the new phyical technologies introduced which will make the screen look like it has more depth in it

>op posts quality monitor
>LOL IT SAYS GAMER ON IT NO BUY.
Why are you so autistic? Just put tape over where it says ROG or someshit.

you're still supporting the company that you like their design choices when you bought it

>caring what the monitor bezel looks like.
What are you some sort of ricer gamer faggot?

>having money

yes

Why do people put their screen up so high? Don't you know Desktop Ergonomics 101? Upper screen bezel on eye level.

So you want this monitor but with a dell sticker?

when i'm sitting straight, my eyes are on the same level as the top bezel

You can turn the lights off you know
I've had a PG279Q for like a year and nobody in my office has even noticed it beyond saying "that's a big screen"

those gamer aesthetics go into the price aswell though, that's my main problem

Are you a giant or is the screen just really small?

is that table from ikea?

That's what you believe but it's not true
The price reflects that fact that they have the only consumer monitor like this on the market. Asus makes cheap monitors too, with exactly as many red LEDs (2) and...
And that's the only gaymen aesthetic I can see on it, other than that it's just a black monitor on a 3-leg stand

it's 27inch, on a vesamount. the picture was shot at a low position

i'm above 1,80cm

yes, downside is it easily gets dents but any other than that, worth the price and looking decent

i'm considering it but looks like it could use a little depth
don't you feel you're sitting too close to the monitor?

R9 295X2 ?

By the time 4k 100+Hz is normal, 4k 100+Hz monitors will be priced to sell and not aimed at enthusiasts. By then there will probably be some new improved panel technology too.

In the year 2017, 4k gaming is a meme unless you go completely balls to the wall with a Titan X Pascal or dual 1080s. Even then you're not going to get anything near 144Hz out of most games.

Only took nearly 20 years for LCD technology to catch up with crt.

>"that's a big screen"
What did you answer to your coworker?

the wqhd resolution of the eizo foris 2735 is perfectly operable at a distance from 40 to 70cm distance. i rarely use anti aliasing, except when the game features a low cost algorythm like in The Division.

R9 Fury X, bought it as barely used last year for 350€ when the 1070 cost 430€~

definately a good deal when you're not prone to the high pitch coil whine which my headphones luckily render non-existant.

atleast we got flat, more secure and efficient

>muh flatscreen fags ruining it for everyone
>We could have had 20 years of improving CRT instead and have some truly space age monitors right now

fucking normies REEEEEEEE

idk man for me there wouldn't be enough space on that desk. for comfortable typing I need to be able to rest my arms including elbows on the desk.

Not OLED, not interested.
LCD technology peaked for me when I bought an EIZO CG246.

i rest my shit on the dxracer leans

Nice. I bought my r9 295x2 used for 360€ in september ;)

4k is really nice for text. I can't tell in games.

I never had a chair with armrests comfortable enough for that purpose. Also there's not enough space to put a plate with food right in front of the screen. And the screen would be too close to my face for my liking.

I'm not even sure if I can play 4k to begin with...
Pic related.

>be told gaymen gear is overpriced
>3 of my PC parts are gaudy red gaymen for gaymers components
>by far the best price for those specific components
>tfw red paint actually makes things cheaper
>the year 2017
>Not mentioning 1080ti

The 1080 Ti doesn't exist.

user you are silly!

11/12ths of 2017 doesn't exist either

Nvidia releasing a 1080 Ti in 2017 would be akin to shooting oneself in the foot.

The 980 Ti was a hit because it provided almost-Titan performance and an almost reasonable price. It defeated all of AMD's offerings at the time. With Pascal, Nvidia threw the 1080 straight in at the 980 Ti's price point.

The 1080 is $600, the Titan X Pascal is $1200. Where would they put a 1080 Ti?

>$700-800
Sales of the 1080 would evaporate overnight.

>$800+
Sales of the TXP would evaporate overnight.

Nvidia have no need to introduce more SKUs right now as they have no real competition at the high end. A 1080 already beats anything AMD can put out, and the TXP exists for richfags. Trying to slot another card inbetween would not win over customers from AMD, it would only cannibalise their own market share.

It's already confirmed as over $800, already implied as directly killing the Titan XP (not to mention it is the same GP102 GPU as well), and is confirmed for 2017

nice deal.

i'm hyped for vega though.. thinking about selling my whole package by throwing it on ebay and look what happens to it

so i can by a completely new ryzen vega machine

currently running the following specs
Intel Xeon 1231V3
Sapphire AMD Radeon R9 Fury X
8GB G.Skill 1866 DDR3 RAM
Asrock Z97 Anniversary mATX
Thermalright Silver Arrow heatsink with Alpenföhn Wingboost 2 14cm and Noiseblockers Eloop 12cm fan
Cooltek C2 Jonsbo mATX case
Corsair RM650 650Watt PSU

Source me, boyo.

>cannibalize their own market share
>GTX fags buy one more GTX card a year after the last one
>Profags continue buying quadros or Titan XP's because Titan XPs were already confirmed as the best price/performance for high end professional work this gen

This is not a bad idea considering the massive upgrade. But I don't know how normies would react seeing a xeon based gaming machine.

They wouldn't because the 10% of normies that give a shit won't be able to see or read the CPU, and when you tell them anybody who knows xeons are dirt cheap and practical will say "oh" and people who don't know about intels product divisions will also say "oh"

Nobody in real life has ever asked me about which CPU I use

forgot pic

stating the equivalent of a i7 4770 does justice i believe

That's some fully don't

I was asked once when a friend of mine wanted to build a rig. I had a Phenom X6 1090t back then. That was a massive housefire but I was proud of it.

I hope so

Sorry, I was reffering to the sales on Ebay

Jesus Christ can it be any more obvious that this is an advertisement thread?

Please go away, you are ruining Sup Forums and nobody wants to buy your meme shit anyway.

Good luck finding a card capable of getting that 144hz even on something like Overwatch.

titan x pascal sli

>SLI in 2017

Multi GPU setups are dead, bro.

We haven't though, the backlight bleeding on all the asus monitors are fucking atrocious.

over 24fps being projected (not displayed as in on a panel in front of you) can be painful to watch since not all light reaches your eyes at the same moment. Your brain fights with partial information it has received.

Just running the OS and normal apps at 100+ Hz feels bretty gud

As nice as it is, it's not worth it all since no single GPU can run UHD at even 60fps. Besides, it's still disgusting g-sync and there are still ways to improve on OLED for monitors.

?

Yeah, I sure love how not blind I am for having LEDs.

When this shit costs $300 I'll buy it. I've been using a Samsung 2233rz 1680x1050 120Hz monitor for 8 or so years.

The same reason as it has been the past 10 years