Why doesn't anyone talk of this?

Why doesn't anyone talk of this?
The main reason apple removed the headphone jack wasn't to sell their beats headphones.

No. It was because people used to listen to snowden and opened their phones and disconnected the microphone and camera, and used a wired earpiece when they wanted to make calls.

It's the same reason phones don't come with removable batteries anymore. They don't want you to have easy access to disconnect anything.

I'm amazed people follow apple when they are a known cia/nsa honeypot.

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/corna/me_cleaner
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Outside of Sup Forums there is a tiny percantage of humans that care about their privacy.
I'm not saying they are in the right and let goverment intrude, but know that most people dont care

>current year+1
>not carrying your custom built & compiled open hardware cellular device in dual paired seam Faraday bags

>snowden
Literally who?

That absolute autist who left his $200k/yr dream tech job, supermodel girlfriend, and beach mansion to live in an airport in Russia to tell everyone in America what they already knew.

That's because normal people privacy is closing the bathroom door to take a piss. Sup Forums privacy is boarding up every window in the house, barricading the doors, and then locking yourself in the bathroom to brush your teeth.

Didn't he give shit tons of info to Russia as well?

I think Apple would be the last company to spy on their users to be honest

>what is Bonjour?

>crimes
Please.

What are you doing on Sup Forums if you don't know who snowden is?

>what is PRISM?

Now that there is a new administration, do you think we will get more transparency when it comes to one's privacy

>everyone in America
Actually it was everyone everywhere, moron. People all over the globe now know how bad the US spying is and how they force American companies to aid in it.

Sorry for not acknowledging the parts of the globe that don't matter.

this also gives them the ability to sell only certified headsets or adapters in the future.

for security of course... *cough* drm,*cough*

itll have a digital signiture like a mac adress but propiatary and manufactuerers will require a license (with the rom certification embedded in the hardware)

SCREEN THIS!

The other reason the headphone jack is gone is for DRM. Soon we'll see AirPods™-only Premium Content, which all but closes the analog hole. You can't plug the audio output into another device to record it, and you can't just use a microphone to listen to the sound since it's on headphones and really quiet.

wow the only qualified person in here.

seriously snowden gave up everything

It will just be shitty U2 and Ingrid Michaelson albums.

Nice revisionist history, iShill.

They matter, you just haven't heard of them. That's probably because only the rich go to school in the US.

>That's probably because only the rich go to school in the US.
US law requires all children to go to school.

Same in other countries, but after the required education is finished you start to need tons of money.

So correct yourself to only the rich go to college, which still isn't true.

If the school system requires you to practically climb to a professor status before you understand that other countries matter, then everything below that is meaningless. Either you didn't listen or they taught you badly.

>If the school system requires you to practically climb to a professor status before you understand that other countries matter
It doesn't. user either was just being a pompous twat or is a retard.

no, It's because it's cheaper for them.

I'm against apple... they are everything that is wrong with the tech industry, and other cellphone manufacturers are following in their step.

>not carrying a Nokia 130 or 216

Your English is improving, Satya.

You're absolutely correct, and what's foolish is carrying a smartphone at all. I was guilty of it for a really long time myself. I now carry a flip phone with a removable battery and an iPod video classic for music and podcasts on the go. Modern smartmemes all use non-free bootROMs, bootloaders, and baseband software. And with that last bit, a majority of them have bad modem hardware isolation. This means Pajeet can access all of your files whenever he wants to. This means Lee Ching Chong from worst Korea can hear your phone calls. Good cellular modem hardware isolation means the baseband software has to talk to the SoC, which talks to the kernel, which talks to the devices. It should only be assessing the mic and speakers too, not the cameras or system memory or anything else. Pic related is from the Replicant website. If you absolutely need a smartphone, I recommend one of the devices supported by that project. If you need to do any serious computing while out and about, buy an Intel laptop that supports Libreboot. I use a Thinkpad T400 and Debian runs great on it. If you need something more powerful, use ME Cleaner on it to disable the Intel botnet in the CPU. Here's a ShitHub link: github.com/corna/me_cleaner

>t. software engineer who recently quit a job because they were asked to backdoor router firmware

An unverified powerpoint slideshow is not proof of fucking anything.

Wew lad. Bump.

Not after you're 18, just like everywhere else in the world

>NSA trying this hard

Where did I say otherwise?

this. is pretty obvious

if people were to choose to have freedom and privacy or to have a pretty phone with a apple in the back, 90% would pick the latter one, that is no surprise

user probably meant college by school, after all, from what I know at least a majority of students in the US graduate with U$ +100,000.00 debt, while in several other countries that 'don't matter' and are 'inferior' offer good, renowned superior education for free.

..What?

He should've specified, school is a very general term.

Saved.

>gee is for smart ppl like me

This board is 80% clueless college kids and 20% loser useless neckbears who did nothing with their lives.

I'm part of that 20% btw :^)

Then apparently your parents are criminals.

Thanks for quitting your job, seriously. Thanks for standing up for what's right, even if they probably got someone else to do it.

ebin

>People listened to Snowden
>Disconnected phone/mic on their phone
>To use a shitty headset on their mobile device exclusively
>On their FUCKING IPHONE

You're right to use that image in OP cause you're nuts if you think that has shit to do with anything. If they were that concerned about spying they would stuff another mic in there somewhere

>Sup Forums
>brushing teeth
Pick one. I know I did.

Fuck, where is my tinfoil hat

I'm glad that someone else sees the value in it. I hope that you will do the same if you're ever in that situation. Money is the root of all evil, and valuing that over the freedoms of your fellow man is the worst thing you can do. Even if your software is not open source, you can still choose not to implement features which abuse the user.

holy shit, this is so true

I use a firewall app and block anything that shouldn't have internet, I also used app ops to block programs that shouldn't have access to my camera or mic.

Does this help?

We are on Sup Forums if you don't have logic to reason shit out, what are you doing here? When you are handed someone else's code, do you think it comes cleaned up and with a user's manual?

>We are on Sup Forums if you don't have logic to reason shit out
The only time I have ever heard college referred to as school is when people are talking about going back to college. Outside of that I have never heard it called anything but that. If you say school, I'm going to assume elementary, middle, and high school.

They probably have another mic for "stereo sound" or some shit when recording.

What's scary is that apple is now the default template in the tech industry(not the internals, apple hardware a shit). Android phones are taking the "aesthetics" of not having a headphone jack, 3 cameras (for more exposure), and the ability to use the phone as a flashdrive. Unlike jelly bean, all new Android phones OS's don't allow you to write directly to the sdcard... so everything passes through the phone memory before reaching your sdcard...

>nursery school
>primary school
>secondary school
>tertiary .. school

Yes, there are many types of schools, which even further strengthens my point to be specific.

Do you know how one can check whether his phone's modem is properly isolated from irrelevant parts of the hardware?

>people are STILL falling for obvious bait 2k17

>Faraday bags
But what if you need to receive a call?

>The absolute autist who had a moral spine which you can't expect from your average Sup Forumsturd
fify

This. Is there an app? An exe? Something that runs like memchecker?

Who would bother?