Anyone here use a trackball?

Anyone here use a trackball?

I used that model for a while, and then it stopped. I pulled out the ball and the sensor was caked with skin from my hand. I cleaned it two times before I decided that I was better off with a regular mouse.

Maybe wash your hands once in a while, greasebag

Trackball mice are superior, by far. I use pic related. They stopped production on them years ago. Prices are stupid high now. I used to use OP's pic related at my old job. It was a pretty good mouse also.

I've been using this for like 5 years and have been using computers for 20. It's objectively better in almost every way and instantly cured my CTS. Just get one and use it for like a week and you'll see what it's about.

that wasn't skin, it was Cheeto dust.

I've been debating getting a keyboard with a trackball but I'm not sure, I might go for one with a TrackPoint instead

rofl, $700 on newegg

Love my cst, was a bit more buying it direct but it's fine for something that will last awhile.

looking for some more rolling balls i can use with it.

i use an elecom m-dt2 with the ball of a logitech m570, by far my favorite trackball ive used

i prefer it over CSTs, kensingtons, and ofc the logitech ones (those are really shit)

looks good and not as expensive as the cst, why is it better to you?

and is comparison done with the new updated rollers or not?

I bought an elecom last year, whatever that fancy new wireless model was. Hated it and was super dissapointed. The ball just sits on plastic nubs instead of bearings and it grinds like a mother fucking making it feel terrible and very hard to get precision for minor pixel movement.

I was really hyped for a new trackball too.

the wired variant i use uses ruby-tipped bearings or some shit

comparison is done with the ruby bearings, mostly i just like being able to hold it like a mouse rather than rest my hand over the whole thing like a cst or kensington

the ball doesnt roll nearly as slick as a forehead-rubbed cst but i prefer the frictioned feel, it doesnt stick so its really easy for extremely slow movements without having a small jitter

ah yeah, have a smaller mouse when i want to hold like that, and my trusty marble in a cabinet.

but meant the new rollers on the cst that were updated last year.

oh the last cst i used was an l-trac from 2012, are the new rollers slick or smooth?

there is one issue with that elecom, the 3 fn buttons on top dont work in linux without patching hid drivers :/

How does it work? The ball is the mouse and the mouse itself is stationary?

they got better apparently, but bought it recently enough that i can't compare them to how they were before.

Another CST user reporting in.

Took a few days to get the ball broken in/rolling smoothly, but now it's spoiled me. Other trackballs feel like they have sand stuck in them by comparison, and I haven't ever needed to clean its bearings. It's always silky smooth and it's awesome

You ever see bowling or golf arcade games? Exactly like that.

I had a Microsoft one where the ball was on the side. Loved it for years, I play a little csgo though and its hard to use in fps.

Yes, you move the cursor around by moving the ball with your thumb, mouse stays stationary.

Does it work on linux?

any hid pointer will work on linux

Could I use it with my erection?

probably if you tried hard enough

Why? Just turn up the sensitivity on your optical mouse and you don't have to move your wrist at all.

who here is vertical mouse?

mice and keyboards in general are on the way out.

normies think touchpads are the most accurate and comfortable interfaces apparently and they dont use standalone keyboards.

gamers drive the market these days.

I only heard bad things about these.

From CTS to osteoarthritis

I too rock this trackball.

I do a lot of couchposting - so a trackball is great for irregular surfaces. I primarly use a trackpoint travel keyboard for everything.

For CAD use, it's really great. Left hand on a Connexion Spacemouse Enterprise + right hand on the Logitec and I rarely have to use the keyboard.

I have one like OP pic. It's great but I have not tried playing games, because it's a fucking chore to emulate a middle button in Windows 10.

In linux is great.

I want to try the one with the blue ball but I am afraid that using a middle finger trackball will make me hate a thumb based one.

My nigga

I use mine all the time, even for online FPS games. It makes sniping so much more precise.

Converted my buddy and he pulled a Microsoft Trackball Optical Model 1.0 out of a dumpster, still works. He uses it to this day. Same story, super expensive nowadays.

I use an Elecom wired trackball with my laptop. I prefer a trackball with the laptop since you can just rest it on your leg or whatever and you don't need a flat surface.

Honestly not that impressed with the Elecom, it has the ruby bearings and good shape but the ball still sticks and it's hard to be precise with it. I've heard that the blue Logitech ball fixes that but I couldn't find anyone selling the balls cheap. Fucking jews trying to sell me a ball for 40 bucks.

well my anecdote trumps yours so ok user, people don't all have to think the same.

yeah i got lucky and got a bunch of free balls sent after my first two m570s came with cracked or dented balls, so i have quite a few left over for use with my elecom

try taking the elecom ball and rubbing it on your forehead, grease it up a bit and then wipe it with a microfiber cloth

My father runs through one of these things at least every year or two. Runs up ungodly hours using it, gets beaten and abused through international travel, and ends up replacing it because he refuses to get used to anything else. We have a stockpile of them upstairs in a closet; when one breaks/starts to wear out, he just cracks open a fresh one. We buy them like 3-5 at a time, good thing he's probably going to retire in 5 years or so.

Love em! I've used the Logitech & Kensington. Actually had one from Radio Shack with a scroll lock button. The last Logitech I had has a bad cable in it. Using a Kensington PilotMouse ($4 from the thrift store). since my wife has fear that the children will play/choke on the ball. I'll pick up a new one later.

What's the best trackball for a nongamer? Currently using M570, prefer wireless.

How is this one?