Install linux

>install linux
>no audio
>investigate
>linux can only output audio through hdmi
why do you idiots use this garbage?

>he thinks it's a linux issue
This is why you use linux, to learn about your computer. Why don't you figure out what the real problem is.

>What is pulseaudio
>What is alsa
Why do you idiots post this garbage?

Faggots like OP can't be bothered to solve their own problems. They figure if they piss off the right person, that person will solve the problem for them.

You people don't seem to realize that the average man doesn't want to go rooting through their system, risking breaking shit even more, just to get something as basic as functional audio. Until linux can work for people out of the box, it will never be a practical choice as an OS for >95% of people out there, and the "botnets" this board complains so much about will only become more deeply rooted as the only choice for the vast majority of people.

Assholes like you three are why the botnet still exists.

>What is Ubuntu
How are you going to say it doesn't work out of the box?

That aside, Linux isn't meant to be for the common person, it's a project for autistic computer nerds.
This is seen in literally every hobby and profession. People will always flock to jiffy lube and shit mechanics because the average person doesn't want to go messing around in their car.

>Assholes like you three are why the botnet still exists
The botnet exists because the general populace doesn't give a shit about privacy, dumbass.

Install this {insert obscure Linux distro I have in a VM}. You'll have no issues.

>Posted from Windows 10

Ubuntu is botnet

>>linux can only output audio through hdmi
What in tarnation are you talking about?

>You people don't seem to realize that the average man doesn't want to go rooting through their system,
Linux isn't meant for the "average man". Who gives a shit if some rube can't figure it out?

I bet you're a Trump voter too.

>install opensuse
>audio works fine out of the box
*shrug*

>learn about your computer by installing an OS that literally makes it not work so you have to fix it

My fuckin sides....omg.

The reason everyone is slamming you OP.

Is because snd_intel_hda works amazing and you obviously fucked something up.

>Install Antergos
>Every works right our of the free as in free beer box

Sorry m8, I do not have this issue.

That is a problem that I have never encountered in my ~15 years of using GNU/Linux.
I'm sure that many people who also use it have never encountered it either.

There will always be trouble cases. Particularly when you are using software which hardware manufacturers seemingly go out of their way to make trouble with.

You're an idiot my dude. But I guess that you like to have a locked down, idiot proof of an OS and be cucked, that's your thing I guess. I prefer to have control over my rightfully owned computer that I bought with my fucking salary. Maybe I have the downsides of (very rarely) something breaking down, but I still will have absolute control.

Why not both?
Why is having control over a WORKING computer not crossing anyone's mind here?

>You people don't seem to realize that the average man doesn't want to go rooting through their system, risking breaking shit even more, just to get something as basic as functional audio. Until linux can work for people out of the box, it will never be a practical choice as an OS for >95% of people out there, and the "botnets" this board complains so much about will only become more deeply rooted as the only choice for the vast majority of people.
Okay then install Ubuntu like a little baby and shut the fuck up already

You'd think Ubuntu would work fine out of the box, but my wireless card says otherwise. Took me trying out several distros before Manjaro of all things actually played nice with it.

>linux can only output audio through hdmi

Because it's already implied that you can do that with Linux

Personal experience (), OP, and this thread's very existence contradict that.

Can I come over and put diesel in your gas tank, drain your car's oil and run it, put plain water in your radiator, cut your belts, and switch around your spark plug cables so you can learn how to fix your car

>People do in fact buy broken down cars to work on them

Don't worry friend there is a superior os called Windows.

Sure, but a national network of shady, second hand junk salesmen isn't gonna convince people to switch away from the brand new locked down shit that's manufacturers push out today.

Using gnu/linux is more like assembling OS from parts. If you buy motherboard, ram, hdd, gpu and other stuff and assemble it in a wrong way, it doesn't mean that the components are bad, it means that you are not skilled enough. And you should learn how to do that if you don't want to pay for overpriced computers assembled for you or you want hardware to match your needs, not the average user ones. Same with OSes

You don't seem to realize I don't care about the average man. If you fall under that category and Linux is just too much for you to handle then by all means go back to Windows.

A floor jack, couple of stands, $100 in sockets/wrenches and a $50 dollar service manual means I don't have to spend more than a few thousand on a car ever.

I don't understand why these faggots have such a hard time with this shit. I'm running Xubuntu on my tech illiterate wife's laptop, my 8 year old daughters desktop, my desktop/media center, and my work laptop. The ONLY time linux didn't work out of the box was with my recreational laptop, and that's because broadcom sucks and the driver issue was easily remedied. I didn't even have to hook it up to Ethernet which I HAVE had to do with multiple windows machines(repair tech) I've troubleshot. The only other issues I've had with linux were when I started playing around with something I didn't fully understand on my "for fun" laptop and it's usually easily fixed. Fucking retards man.

Oh, i3-gaps was a huge pain in the ass to install on Xubuntu too. I gave up on that, but that's not an "essential function".

This is literally stock ubuntu, there was nothing I could have fucked up

Assuming that your chipset is Intel 5 series or later and its a default Ubuntu kernel, it comes with every intel hda module enabled, so if you have problems its very likely because you don't understand something, those audio drivers are extremely well tested.

Mods just delete this board until Zen releases. It's irredeemable at this point.

>Using gnu/linux is more like assembling OS from parts
Not really.

>I Don't Know What I'm Talking About: The Post.

t. hasn't touched linux in 10 years
Install Mint

>Le all Trump voters are stupid meme

>install Xubuntu
>everything just werks

>he cannot configure pulseaudio
>calls others idiots

(ты)

RED HAT SHILLS ON DAMAGE CONTROL!!!

>he loves doing complicated stuff just to make simple things work when they work out-of-box on Windows

because we know how to use it retard

that looks like shit

you were better with Solus kevin.

>install Gentoo
>everything just werks

>be OP
>have problem with thing
>thing happens to be Sup Forums meme
>if I ask for help I'd be told to RTFM and fuck off
>if I make a bait thread I will get 50 solutions to my problem

worship my genius

I'm 98% sure you bought a 2017 craptop and the manufacturer never bothered to make the onboard sound card work (and probably wifi controller as well)

and now you're wondering why people haven't done this shit for you free of charge already

disgusting

I haven't had problems with sound on Linux since 2008.
It has just worked out of the box all the time.
Maybe the problem is on you'reare end? :^)

I voted for Trump. I mainly use Plan9 with some modifications I made to the scheduler.

Install alsamixer

get windows and post in leddit.
>easy life easy go
Why bother coming here. /g is for autist who hate pajeets

Sup Forums is not your average user. if you are you can fuck right off. people here love to tinker with their OS and like to fuck around, investigate and solve problems that may appear because thats how you learn shit
it cracks me up, fucking tech board and the nigger can't fucking google shit up
kys normie

Kid, get the fuck out of here. Seriously. You are really tiring.

If Linux is gay consider me a fag

Well, he is obviously missing his soundcard drivers and can just use the gpu. Figures that using debian based junk is a bad experience. Never recommend that outdated
shit to newbies you retards.

Fedora works out of the box for me, maybe be less bad?