>go to func programming course
>teacher asks us if we know this guy

SanTa clawuse!

>speak up
>ya he is some autist who tried to pull a BSD but failed
>he also helped write a load of really bloated shitty software

please continue I want to know the story

Dennis Ritchie was a cool guy.

She told us he was based and free software was awesome and that he came twice to my school to give his lecture.

>she
Enjoy wasting your time.

so i see you're running gnome...

Who do you think I am? Of course I have SICP (she even recommended it).

I remember when I was taking my optional CS course unit. My teacher was talking about free software.

My teacher thought free software was a meme and then I rained the wisdom of freedom onto him. He actually got convinced and concluded "Free software is very important for academics and scholars".

I still email him and he is a fan of RMS

fag

The dick only makes it better.

>implying listening to any other male lecturer wouldn't be a waste of time anyway
Skip the lectures, ace the tests, graduate with honors. That's how you college.

>tfw I couldn't recognize the anime girl

This.
Simple if you aren't a brainlet

apparently it's from a music video

I unironically picked all white sounding names for my professors and have had the least problems in all of my classes.

Other classmates tell me "how lucky" I am for picking the good professors while they're stuck with some pajeet or chink that barely speaks English.

Scumfucks

>unironically

What set of circumstances would have to arise for someone to "ironically" pick white professors. If the student were a black-lives-matter activist, say? But most people aren't BLM activists. So why would you highlight the non-irony of your decision.

I think what you meant to say is that you consciously picked white professors.

uh, what?

>My teacher thought free software was a meme

Smart man.

>Then became a fan of RMS
Yes, he is smart

>learn to program
>give your code away for free

Lookslike a steve jobs

>What is licencing

That's bsd, not gpl

She's one of us m8.

This.

BSD is the ultimate cuck license.
>here is the code I worked so hard on, f-feel free to make your own modifications and lock it up and make a shit ton of profit... t-t-thanks for using it...

GPL in comparison is fucking based
>here is code for everyone to learn from, or improve upon, so long as any modifications to it are also released for everyone to learn from, or improve upon

It's ultimately what every developer should strive to use for a stronger, freer world.

>I think what you meant to say is that you consciously picked white professors.
He did from the sound of it, what a smart guy.

no who's he

I have an Indian teacher that I want to like but it's so frustrating having to listen to the Indian just fuck up so often when talking.

So often he'll outright copy segments from some online lecture and fuck it up, only to show us the lecture he ripped off directly after and show how much better it could be performed.

>she