paranoid memesters of "burr durr everything must be open sourced or it's botnet" BTFO'ed

> paranoid memesters of "burr durr everything must be open sourced or it's botnet" BTFO'ed.

He clearly talks about faster technologies. When will you realize he is right?

What is the point of having a "better licence" when the software is shit?

He's right about the background services, you can just remove them. He's right about the performance, the alternatives are often shit. He's right about the paranoia, linux in general has main plight and it has nothing to do with the core OS, it just doesn't have that much software that can compete for the Enterprise level to begin with.

Priorities, priorities.
Most people couldn't care less about licenses, and since Chrome is an official company product, it's obviously beneficial to use whatever seems the most convenient for the user, e.g. it's the fastest, or uses least memory, or whatever.
Folks who care about licensing are just willing to trade away some of that speed in exchange for openness.

nice font rendering, can barely fucking read it

(2) is definitely bullshit. If someone compiles their own version, they should be well-aware of that. And it's easy to add a compile-flag to disable auto-updating and even make that behavior default.

More than 90 % of Google's revenue comes from advertising. They are only as valuable as they are because they have tons of user data. So, of course, to collect as much as possible they want to convince you to use their proprietary browser.

When did "font rendering XDDD" become a meme on Sup Forums?

>When did "font rendering XDDD" become a meme on Sup Forums?

the same time ricing everything with 9pt fonts became a meme, are you on a 75dpi display or something?

op's picture is borderline unreadable unscaled on a high dpi display and looks like ass when it is scaled, it's not an unfair criticism

>(2) is definitely bullshit.

never mind that the latter half of point 2, "muh paranoia", isn't even addressing anything in the article but is addressing strawmen that have been around and debunked since chrome was first released, making op's point an argument against a strawman against a strawman

Pdfium relicensed under BSD almost 3 years ago.

Jokes on him, I use lagfox.

Why are linux spergs so damn stupid? It's a fucking autoinstaller of a fucking common installer you dipshits. People routinely check for that kind of thing with OS tools like packer sniffing on localhost and nothing is being done at the time that will rape your.

Seriously stop being so fucking stupid. If you don't believe what they tell just fucking learn how to your OS. See what the autoinstaller does when it autoinstalls.

It does nothing more than just dumping a new binary .tarball you dipshit, jesus fucking christ you're a moron, my god.

You aren't an IQ fighter either.

>"muh paranoia"

But it true that it is a stupid meme, and in fact it's fucking an oxymoron on steroids. If you're such an amazing person on computing that knows everything then stop being mentally challenged and sniff your own OS about what the fuck the autoinstaller is doing at that time. Smarter people than you routinely check it daily and I assure you it does nothing more than dumping a new binary tarball.

Jesus fucking christ, you paranoid freeturds are the worst of the worst.

I mean, sure open source has great merits, but you have gone full religion.

I have better things to do than check my spelling and grammer on a shitty forum full of paranoid idiots that see the licensing alone as a fucking religion when I use English only 5% of my time nowadays.

I come here to relax by vending.

If you want hiIQ essays fuck off.

>I come here to relax by vending.
gimme a pepsi

lolfag vend me up some fucking fritos

I'm generous by vending valuable information to them to get them out of their misery and they prefer a common venting.

tsk tsk, ungrateful people.

so OP is btfo?
Is it true that unchecking the statistics boxes in chromium is enough to make it stop all the telemetry? Or is a more autistic version like ungoogled-chromium needed?
Also, how do these 3 compare in terms of performance?

> not reading the actual OP

He is not talking about free software. He is talking about fast software. A lot of crappy knock-offs exist on linux, it doesn't mean they are great for their standards.

I read it, but OP lost the main point. Licensing is a decision made by the devs. The quality of the actual software is other ballpark. OP have nothing to do with the software quality on linux though...
I'm almost sure OP just shitposting and don't care about that reddit post either.

I meant the OP image. And anyway, if you care so much about the fucking installer that they didn't even include, stop being a lazy bastard and write your installer. Jesus fucking christ, paranoid freeturd fanatics aren't only stupid, they also want handouts.

R E K T

Shit font rendering mate desu famalam.

Google having a monopoly on the browser is a bad thing. Period. I don't care if they are not evilâ„¢, a single company having the power to decide the route internet takes is an inherently bad thing.

When MSIE had 95% of the market, the world was in a very bad place. Embrace, Extend, Extinguish. Never forget and Never10. Pledge now m8ties.

>> paranoid memesters of "burr durr everything must be open sourced or it's botnet" BTFO'ed.

When in reality, its "must be open sourced or you can't reasonably tell if it's botnet". Which is true. Open source might be botnet too, but is far less likely because anyone can check for it (and the author knows that).

But whatever. There will always be people who enjoy their Bonzi Buddies and are sure that their happy purple friend would never betray them. Maybe youre right, maybe youre wrong. Only open-sourcers can really know for sure.

PS I use mostly closed-source shit myself. Im just honest with myself about the risk. Its real.

>But it true that it is a stupid meme, and in fact it's fucking an oxymoron on steroids.

that is about what I said, yes

>If you're such an amazing person on computing that [bla bla bla]

pull your head out of your ass and learn to read beyond a primary school level, communications skills are important

since the rest of your verbal diarrhoea hinges on your misunderstanding, I'll explain what I said in terms even a simpleton could understand

>never mind that the latter half of point 2, "muh paranoia", isn't even addressing anything in the article

point (2) of the reddit post (pictured in op), which references the "muh paranoia" that op is talking about, is not mentioned anywhere in the source article that the reddit post (pictured in op) is replying to; it's also worth noting that I did not agree with the person I was replying to, I was merely carrying on a point of his, the relevant point being the part I quoted

this means that the author of the reddit post (pictured in op) is arguing against a point that nobody was making, which lead me to go on to say,

>but is addressing strawmen that have been around and debunked since chrome was first released

the strawman being that "chrome spies on you" while chromium doesn't, not only has nobody ever legitimately made this claim (with evidence to back it up), any such claims have been debunked since chromium/chrome entered the stage

which leads me to the conclusion,

>making op's point an argument against a strawman against a strawman

since op is arguing against the "muh privacy" crowd, but the "muh privacy" crowd was instead the tangent of the author of the reddit post (and was not actually in reference to anyone or anything in particular), that makes op's post a strawman argument (while in agreement with the author of the reddit post) which was in and of itself a strawman argument that nobody was making (at least in the reddit thread or the article it was in reply to)

which was amusing to me