Daily reminder to pacman -Syu

daily reminder to pacman -Syu

lol is this the new deknop thread :^^)

It's usually nothing to be afraid of. Gotta check which packages are fucked before you update. It usually isnt something too bad if anything at all.

Thanks OP

I miss the REAL Jordan.

the real jordan here

>not using pacaur -Syuu --noconfirm --devel --needed

>not having a cron job to run it hourly

what terminal font is this?

terminal cancer

Terminus.

>upgrading all those packages
rip arch

Looks like terminus

Daily reminder to sudo pacman-optimize

retards don't know typefaces
It's Profont

dear god

I cant into Linux, i know this is for system maintenance but what exactly does it do?

No. They broke X. Some API version mismatch, waiting for them to fix it in the next version hopefully

Programs are run by you giving the name of the program and then you can give arguments.
You can read about what arguments you can use and what they do in the manual.
You get the manual by typing "man program" (q exits, / searches)
Now this specific instance, OP called pacman which is the package manager on arch. He then used arguments to synchronize the package manager with the server and then install updates.

In the history of my Arch Linux experience in the last 6 years as my main desktop and laptop OS, `pacman -Syu` has only given me one upgrade problem, (it was fixed with `grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.conf`). On Debian, which is supposed to be stable as fuck, I've fucked myself doing basic small upgrades, which have killed postgresql databases, npm packages, ruby packages, build systems with gcc updates, and an unbootable Linux kernel with a dist-upgrade.

And then I don't even want to talk about macOS and Windows. I don't even recommend trying to upgrade. Just reinstall the whole goddamn OS.

>manually updating

lol... Windows updates are quality tested so they don't break shit on your system which is why they are automated, one less thing to worry about for the user.

lmfao
>anniversary update never work unless you do a full reinstall
>windows is shit anyway

Upgrades on Linux don't work till you do clean install as well. That is how operating systems work user. You okay?