Reminder that Intel and ARM are shitting their pants

Reminder that Intel and ARM are shitting their pants.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SW26010

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunway_TaihuLight
s21.q4cdn.com/600692695/files/doc_news/2017/Earnings_Release_Q4_2016.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

looks like a shitty gpu to me

>MOAR COAR
sure worked for AYYYYMD

Reminder that this is probably hardly relevant to them.

Reminder that competition is good for everyone and if you don't know this please fuck off and read basic economics.

That's a supercomputer chip, Intel/ARM don't give a shit.

Of course they don't, It's not like half of Intel's revenue is HPC

looks like vaporwave to me

But it's sure working for China

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunway_TaihuLight

125 PFLOPs at 15 megawatts bitch.
The closest American one is 27 PFLOPs at 8.6 megawatts

Trump should nuke the fuckers

This delusion.

>It's not like half of Intel's revenue is HPC

What an absolutely retarded claim.

s21.q4cdn.com/600692695/files/doc_news/2017/Earnings_Release_Q4_2016.pdf

>Client Computing Group revenue of $9.1 billion, up 4 percent year-over-year
>Data Center Group revenue of $4.7 billion, up 8 percent year-over-year

HPC is only a very small portion of the Data Center Group, so small in fact they don't even include it in their latest financials.

Tianhe2 already dethroned?
That didn't take long. I read about its neat sort of MIPS derivative arch about a year ago. Its extremely specialized to a narrow range of workloads, almost an HPC ASIC.

What the fuck is the US even doing, the two TOP500 are Chinese.
And the third US one is so fucking behind them it's not even funny.

Jesus Christ, the next World War will be bananas

Looks like a MIPS core specialized in fp64, and its used in "Oil prospecting, life sciences, weather forecast, industrial design, drug research"

Hidden role: bruteforcing AES or whatever the flavor of the week cipher in the USA is at the moment.

This is sort of like DARPA coming out with their own super computer, its a state funded and created cluster. The US doesn't really do that. Most compute clusters are owned by universities or private companies.
China has actually been working on making their own core arch for a very long time. They tried making a custom SPARC derivative as well.

Huge double precision throughput at relatively low clock speeds. Like the Loongson on steroids kinda.

10649600 cores

TEN MILLION SIX HUNDRED FORTY NINE THOUSAND AND SIX HUNDRED CORES

TEN MILLION CORES

Jesus fuck what kind of OS and load balancer can support that!?

Plan 9 and GNU/Hurd

No gaymez tho

6 flops per clock per core which aint too bad.
AMD and nvidia will be throttling this thing inside of 2 generations though.

Why? The single core performance is probably absolute dog shit which is the only thing that matters for high performance consumer applications.

>Network on Chip
Yeah good luck buddy. Good luck getting software developers to optimize for this dogshit ass backwards architecture. Let me know when you get to even 1 GHz kek.

Possibly retarded, can't be trolling.

If I'm retarded tell me how I'm wrong. The only viable application this would have is as a GPU. Even then by the time support for a possible GPU on this thing rolls around Nvida/AMD can outperform it. This would make no sense as a consumer CPU, so Intel probably gives not a single fuck.

Holy fuck you're clueless.

Is this what they call lost in time and space?

Still nothing to prove me wrong?

I think its what they call "loud mouth autist who goes from thread to thread shitposting nonstop."
Hes probably not even joking in the slightest. Really is that fucking dumb.

I'll let you figure it out yourself since you're so smart.

Intel/ARM doesn't give a fuck about supercomputers LOL

Gentoo or TempleOS

It's actually kinda troubling sharing the same board with those kind of people, it's almost like I'm reading the TPU/Ars/HardOCP comment section.

it's like they stole a shitty Tilera prototype from a decade ago.

scratchpad caches, on-chip grid networks, etc. are interesting to think about but suck fucking balls in practice.

>the count of IPs in this thread only went up by 1 in the whole 5 posts making fun of me
Really makes you think doesn't it?

>implying 90% of programmers could handle this level of parallelism without hitting contention problems for most consumer problems

Also how expensive is it? I doubt they even are paying attention.

>made from 4 CPEs
>The CPEs support SIMD instructions

Oh, so it's a shitty GPU.

Try youtube if you think those are bad(which they are, but it's nothing compared to YT)

It's almost like people were already posting before you spilled your mental diarrhea on this thread.

Dumb frogposter

Xeon Phi pretty much exists for the HPC market. Outside of that it only sees use in extreme niche cases. Intel most definitely does care about that market segment.

ARM created a line of core arch with large vector extensions specifically to appeal to the HPC market in the coming years.

Controlling market share here is vitally important for companies since the effects are magnified over time. Intel knows that X86 losing dominance in enterprise and HPC will slowly shift the trend of software to other architectures, so they don't want to lose any ground, even if the revenue isn't going to hurt their bottom line.
Likewise ARM knows that getting their foot in the door now will ensure year over year growth in the sector.

Stop posting here.

I don't understand why they don't stay in Sup Forums where they belong.

>Controlling market share here is vitally important for companies since the effects are magnified over time. Intel knows that X86 losing dominance in enterprise and HPC will slowly shift the trend of software to other architectures, so they don't want to lose any ground, even if the revenue isn't going to hurt their bottom line.
Likewise ARM knows that getting their foot in the door now will ensure year over year growth in the sector.

Sure thing buddy. Let me know when Intel starts working with software vendors to port nearly the entire x86 library of software to whatever bum fuck HPC arch they have in mind. This shit doesn't exist in a vacuum. The cost of the abomination in OP's image will NEVER become worth it in terms of price/performance. Face it your dumb cartoon anime chinese supercomputer processor is fucking WORTHLESS.

Can it run Crysis3 on ultra?

X86 wasn't always the single controlling power in the market, you impotent child. Even when X86 coalesced into a semblance of what it is today, other arch had substantial market share. X86 slowly over time creeped up and took over. It wasn't just always at the top from the beginning.
Transitions in the market always happen.

The only thing stopping this arch from competing directly against the likes of POWER, ARM, and SPARC64 is that its a product of the Chinese state, not a commercial architecture.

Keep your childish shitposting in Sup Forums where you came from.

How can I bet as big as a patriot as you? Must I swim in burger grease?

hope the remember the hardware quality is irrelephant if there's no os/software that'll run on it. just look at the state of arm pre android

I'm sure there are is an insane supercomputer cluster under the NSA or some other three letter agency that hasn't disclosed it

How do you check post ip's

You can say the same for Russia and China, TOP500 is a pissing contest but it has its uses.
None of the world powers will show their cards yet, those hidden machines are probably not even connected to a WAN

It has kept them from technical bankruptcy thus far
>what kind of OS and load balancer can support [TEN MILLION CORES]
probably some scientific industrial one specifically for supercomputers

fuck offf trolls. at least brought up a good point; y'all are fucking up discussion by shitposting on his "behalf".

>The only thing stopping this arch from competing directly against the likes of POWER, ARM, and SPARC64
You mean other than the fact it has piss poor price/performance
You mean other than the fact it's a on die networked processor
You mean other than the fact it'll never be mass produced so software won't get ported
So why is Intel and ARM shitting their pants? Are you seriously trying to tell me this thing is even MEANT to compete with a consumer level ARM CPU? Please just fucking off yourself already.

>Keep your childish shitposting in Sup Forums where you came from.
Maybe you should go back to preschool so you can learn from some people smarter than you.

>How can I bet as big as a patriot as you? Must I swim in burger grease?
Sorry to offend your Chinese heritage comrade. Kek.

Look in the top right you'll see 4 numbers seperated by slashes. Third from the left is the number of IPs.

The fact that you think intel and ARM are only concerned with consumer devices proves you're an uneducated and likely underage child. A typical Sup Forums shitposter out of place here.

>hurr these companies spend billions on R&D specifically for the HPC market because they don't care about it
>HURRF DURRR LOLOLO I TROLLU

>piss poor price/performance
Hopefully to be fixed in due time
>on die networked processor
(Can you elaborate on how this is a problem?)
>it'll never be mass produced so software won't get ported
If the price/performance gets to the point where it's feasible for consumers, you can bet it'll be mass produced in short order

This, fucking chinks talk a good game but they can't invent anything.

>Hopefully to be fixed in due time
But it's not at the moment?
>(Can you elaborate on how this is a problem?)
Latency? Signal propagation? Processor efficiency? Trading single core performance for multi-core performance which pretty much signals it'll only ever be an HPC architecture?
>If the price/performance gets to the point where it's feasible for consumers, you can bet it'll be mass produced in short order
Oh gee I can't wait to run my highly demanding single core performance game on a Chinese supercomputer architecture! I totally have a use case where fucking MILLIONS of cores are a necessity!

>HURRFDRURF IT MIGHT ONE DAY BE A CONSUMER PROCESSOR SO SHUT UP
It never will face it lmao

This, the defense industry is typically two or three process shrinks / materials advancements beyond consumer shit and they have much specialized hardware that has never seen the light of day.

The Chinese are playing with an abacus by comnparison.

Shut up chink. The vast majority of Intel and Arm's CPU revenue comes from OUTSIDE the HPC realm, as many anons have said.

You just sit here fucking lying, anybody can look into the links and info posted above. Do you fucking gooks have wax in your ears?

>all this anger because America's best is 5 times slower than China's best

Really makes you kek

Its really just one autism spectrum case shitposting.

USA has a bunch of more powerful stuff in hiding you fucking crosseyes shit

So....
It's an integer GPU with an interconnect?

Yes, yes, only USA has a secret stash, Intel will also unleash 200% more IPC and destroy AMD with its hidden arch.

Aren't you tired yet?

If anything it's a GPU-like CPU.