Currently have a GTX 780

Currently have a GTX 780.
Should I buy another one and SLI the two, or would I be better off selling it and getting a GTX 1070?
Thanks.

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/PROIe
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>SLI

>SLI

sell off and get a 1070, any performance gains you want to get, will probably be bottlenecked by the vram

>SLI
just get a fucking 1070, or rx 480 if poor

You should buy a 490
JUST WAIT® for Vegeta

What are you doing that requires a 1070? I'd wait for the next gen if I were you, the real world performance gains aren't worth the price from a 780 to a 1070 imho
With a 780ti and 4790k I get the following @1080res, maxed settings:

CS:GO 250fps
Overwatch 70-80fps
Rocket League 100fps
GTA V 70fps
Fallout 4 65fps with a couple unnecessary things turned down a bit

I can render 1080 video pretty fast too, 3DS max renders fast, etc etc

>he plays cs at max settings
oh wow

>rx 480
the people telling you sli are wrong, single card is more compatible and will lead to less headache

if you can get a second one for cheap and your psu is up to it, the 700 series is definitely at the point where sli is viable
then wait for the next generation and get a single 1180 or whatever it will be called

biggest thing is price
if a second 780 shows to be too expensive or you dont think its worth it from a cost perspective, then save and wait for a 1080 or future generation card

you take off the distracting effects and shit but yeah. high quality is nice even in CS... dont get me wrong I play DoD and source sometime too but if the head room and settings are there why not? never get below 100fps or miss a frag having it turned up...

Hello

OP, SLI is great, but not many games support it. You can force it, but wont get as good results if the game actually supported it.
You should look around, I bought my second 480 for $25. If you get so lucky, it would be worth it.
What is your CPU?

i always had to play on minimum 1080p because my 280x would go full housefire mode on max

minimum with kind of middle ground AA settings and shadow smoothness was around 60c at 150fps, max was around 90c at 100fps
that extra 50fps wasnt worth it

Should be waiting for Vega since G-sync displays are fairly costly

if you only have a 1080p 60hz display get an RX 480

3770K @ 4.5GHz
Doubt it would bottleneck any GPU.

You can't out shitpost me....what's up your vram?

Housefires?

I got 3GB in vram, and the most intense game I play only uses up 50%
Paid $25 for my second 480.

My furnace is set at 55F, my room is nice and toasty.

Is this the shitposting machine thread?

must've been a lot of birds in that room.

>3GB in vram
But.....its a 480

you play fantastic games, I'm sure

Can you please post that picture famalam?

imgur.com/a/PROIe

Holy fuck it just dawned on me, you're a fucking terrorist

Fuck you ima fap to that one anyways

>not reading the description
by all means, fap to awoo.