What Linux would you use as a systems engineer/administrator?

What Linux would you use as a systems engineer/administrator?

Windows 10 is killing me

Fedora kind of targets itself as being good for that. But really you can use any of the big-name distros. They can all compile shit, they can all use ssh, they can all run VMs.

Pick whatever distro you like best. Preferably a low-maintenance one, if you'll be using it for work.

I read that a lot too, never really understood why though. Is it just the quicker package releases or is there something deeper?

centos, bitch

Red Hat

OpenSuse :D

If you want a professional setup then I would said Solaris :)

Well RHEL (and CentOS, which is the same thing without paid support) runs the Fedora project, and it's essentially their testing ground. How much this matters is up for debate, since RHEL/CentOS are quite different than Fedora anyway, just by virtue of being (really) long-term support distros, which Fedora isn't.

How badly you need up-to-date packages kinda depends on what specifically you're doing.

CentOS

Debian. Ubuntu if dumb, Fedora/RH if cuck; other if snowflake.

Most tech companies use Ubuntu as a basis for their linux servers. Amazon also has their own flavor that is pretty resilient.

There are very few differences between Ubuntu and Debian. Calling it Debian for dummies isn't very accurate.

>t. Ubuntufag

You're welcome, clueless.

CentOS or Ubuntu, easy question easy answer.

nice try
bettyb

CentOS
Debian
Redhat
Fedora
Ubuntu

TempleOS

does this even have networking support lol

What the fuck even is Cent?

t.debian

You can always make it

It's literally Red Hat without the support.

It's an OS that only costs you one cent!

XDDDD

lol,58729495. can i save this?

Debian or centos depending on what installs easier desu

centos/redhat because quality ish OR debian/ubuntu because quality ish

if you have to admin windows boxes then use windows in a vm

Debian ofc. CentOS is another choice, but my personal preference is Debian.

Community Enterprise Operating System.

Please stop shilling CentOS. I have done 5+ years of scientific computing on it and the consensus of me and my colleague is we would have really liked if we were using even Ubuntu instead.

Man, you faggots will find the stupidest shit to discuss when you're all bored. You can be a "system admin" with any goddamn distro, windows botnet machine, or toiletpaperBookpro.

Its not like the information for the job changes per system, its just a fucking environment. If you're trying to be a system admin, and you can't even figure out what shitstain of technology to use, then why don't you apply at Denny's? I'm sure that will fit your resume so far.