Why do smartest people in the world prefer Macs? Why don't they use Thinkpads with Linux on them...

Why do smartest people in the world prefer Macs? Why don't they use Thinkpads with Linux on them... like Sup Forums suggests?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/?task=search&ghost=&search_text=>t. mactoddler
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Where do technology illiterate mactoddlers get the false impression that they or their fruity toddler toys are welcome much less belong on a technology board?

>intelligence in one field equals intelligence in all fields
when will this meme end

Neil D. Tyson is doing is best to kill it, but still it perseveres.

>that font
ackshully triggered

You mean when he reviews movies or talks about politics? LMAO
He's the fucking arch Lord of that meme

They're Unix-Like with the added benefit of not making you look autistic

>t. macautist

Because they have disposable income and their time is valuable

if money isn't an issue and you dont play games, why wouldn't you buy a Mac? serious question

Because anime looks better on it

whenever I look at some video on Youtube from some CS/AI conference, all the people have Macs.

ALL OF THEM

why???

pic related... one of the fathers of deep learning

>fathers of deep learning

Reminder to report apple marketing threads.

Jeff Dean was not even one of the early pioneers of deep learning.

Fathers of deep learning: Geoff Hinton, Yan LeCun and Yoshua Bengio.

Anyway, Jeff Dean also uses Macs.

this is legitimately the only reason
like why would you spend hours fiddling around with some shit distro just to get things to work?
why would you want your valuable data and information to easily be fucked up because windows is garbage?

there just isn't an alternative for professionals
you might find some fanboys using thinkpads or dells or whatever the fuck, but they're the minority

The command like interface on a Mac is very similar to Linux. It uses bash and has the same coreutils. If you're used to using the Linux command line, you'll be familiar with Mac. So you get a lot of what you find in a Linux desktop OS in a commercially supported BSD variant.

>dat butthurt.
kek'd. stay mad, pajeet.

yeah, I'm sure Jeff Dean gets millions of dollars every year to promote Macs. kek'd fucking hard.

>herpaderpa if i screencap this section of a conspiratard blog people will have to take it as the objective truth
SO SAD

>education
>intelligence
Literally can't change a washer on a tap and replace their own oil.

>mactoddlerOS
>for professionals

MactoddlerOS is a meme perpetuated by hipster morons that can't even figure out how to right click, and spread their disease like the rabid sheep they are, fooling innocent bystanders into buying their trash as well.

The only fields Sup Forums is intelligent in are ricing and gaming. That's why they don't use macs

So.. that makes everyone that uses linux or anything else than macOS a idiot, or someone that doesn't know how to use computers? i don't get the point of posting this, OP.

>user has spent his whole life shitposting about macs on Sup Forums
vs
>reputable human beings with actual successful careers who use macs
hmmmmmmmm
i wonder which side sounds more sane

The shitposters.

>>reputable human beings
>>use macs

Good joke.

You are braindead fucking monkey. First of all there are distros like ubuntu that are hassle free, secondly if you somehow fuck up your files by fucking installing viruses(only way that you can) thats not windows fault.

They're too busy getting shit done versus sperging over spec sheets.

>busy getting shit done

>valuable data and information to easily be fucked up

you mean like by grabbing and droping a folder ontop another with the same name, and losing all the files of one of them? im a mac that is.

i hate to admit it buy professionals with no time to waste are better served with a pre installed windows with a factory reset option

you neet paupers might not believe but people with 100k income dont purchase without consideration for price just because they could, ultimately, if you're paying 1.5x for a product of same quality and capabilities as any other brand, you are just being conned, or you're just a mundane mouthbreather susceptible to advertising

Yea, but what are macs often used for?
Social media?
The latest model can't even control an Arduino without a dongle. In engineering work, their only used as latex machines with purdy fonts.

If you are really a professional scientist or researcher, you most definitely do most of your work on a cluster. So all the shit Sup Forums spergs over about the performance of the kernel or the userland or whatever the fuck it is doesn't matter because all you need is a good enough ssh client.

When all you need is a text editor and ssh mac is pretty fucking good because of its build quality. The stability of the stock software, the ability to use any commercial software if need be and in general just a pretty good consumer OS. The unreasonably high price tag doesn't matter because these people are rich and/or the laptop was paid for by the company.

This guy, Nick Bostrom, has an IQ in the region between 170 and 190.

This. Most fucking scientist use data servers and dont give a shit what others use because they are comfy enough to afford a 2000 typewriter with ssh and facebook. In fact most CEs I know are competent with any machine, you just gotta give us pen and paper and we can still do mathematics.

they don't lift

>t. mactoddler brainlet

mental illness is so sad :(

archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/?task=search&ghost=&search_text=>t. mactoddler

Print that out and take it to your psychiatrist so he increases your meds dosage. Your'e seriously mentally disturbed when you waste your life constantly just shitposting the same phrase over and over.

>droping a folder ontop another with the same name, and losing all the files of one of them?

I think you mean dropping a folder into the same location as another with the same name. Where before it does anything destructive, it'll ask if you want to proceed

ThinkPads are great laptops but on Sup Forums they're basically a form of physical virtue signalling, shilled mostly by braindead pedants playing pretend businessman to satisfy their delusions that they are truly "productive" individuals even though most of those who are actually productive or knowledgeable have long since realized that for 95% of personal computing use cases, every brand, OS and platform is ultimately the same, and thus merely pick what they like the most or whatever does the job period.

Macs are well marketed, well-reviewed and more readily accessible through brick-and-mortar stores as well as online retailing. They provide a nice Unix environment while also natively running many popular commercial staples.

apple devices are reliable, powerful, fast, good looking, well made
no magic here, just quality

Because it's a unix based platform with native support for enterprise software (e.g. Adobe Suite)

good morning my Indian friends

MACTODDLERS BTFO

Good morning, my delusional brother.

Because on linux I had three options

Painstakingly update twelve different configs every time I wanted to change one fucking color
Spend an hour or two writing a giant fucking python/bash+sed script to do that for me off termite.conf's colors (did this with firefox, started doing it for vim but gave up because colors still had to be swapped around for schemes that didn't roughly conform to ANSI colors or else it would look like shit)
Leave everything default and pretend to be an old school UNIX pro with my fugly CDE tier shit

My 15" RMBP is not the best made laptop. It's a little creaky, there aren't enough ports, and the keyboard layout is a tad retarded (and hard to clean. nice crumb tray, apple). The OS is mildly unstable and apple devs play whack-a-mole fixing bugs, so updating helps as much as it hurts. But at least I don't have to rice or fuck around with hackintosh hardware compatibility.

t. IQ 136, college dropout, married to honoka kousaka since 2014, cured prostate cancer twice, suppressed by feminist jews each time

bill gates wrote one unoriginal program on stolen computer time, stole a whole OS, and then used cutthroat business practices and software incompatibility to force his shit into popularity

and some people still think he's better than steve jobs

smart =/= technologically literate

Truly technologically literate people don't bother with babby-tier pedantic virtue signalling shit like OS wars, though.

that sword cuts both ways

before you argue browse the catalog for a minute

Technology literate ≠ freetard.

>No, you don't get it, even though you're an expert C programmer and know every OS inside and out, you're a tech illiterate babby because you use OS X and xcode. Get enlightened, faggot!
>-sent from emacs

Technologically literate people don't also spend thousands of dollars on hardware that's a decade old
Apple is literally Geeksquad-tier

>only software is technology :^^^)

Go back to school you fucking moron

Technologically literate people don't necessarily give a fuck about specs.

Spec-savvy gaymers from Sup Forums would be put to shame by someone like rob pike, but he uses an MBA to run acme, so I guess he's tech illiterate.

When it comes to consumption, software is the better tech to be literate in. Being literate in consuming hardware is a largely irrelevant skill as few people doing real work go through so much hardware as to benefit from staying up to date. Gamers are the sole exception.

>smart =/= technologically literate
Do you think this guy is technologically literate?

why do people think AI people are intelligent, because the word intelligence occurs?

especial today its mostly big data with some empiric guesses

Tech-literate people aren't mindless consumers that only care about having the biggest numbers. They care about what gets the job they need to do done the way they like it done. If a Mac does that, so be it. They're more than capable of pretty much anything you'd reasonably need of them and not really all that expensive in the end.

>Technologically literate people don't necessarily give a fuck about specs

Yes, because the top physicists and mathematicians use a fucking Atari to run their calculations
The people you are talking about are not technologically literate, they're presenters, they make slideshows and that's it
Give a monkey a banana and he'll do more impressive shit than that

>software is the better tech to be literate in
Not when the only software you know is Libreoffice and an operating system that is pretty much incompatible with everything

>I need justify spending 1500 dollars to make a powerpoint document

People understand the term "tech literate" as well as they understand the term "power user"

If you don't want to start a semantics flamewar you shouldn't use either

>Yes, because the top physicists and mathematicians use a fucking Atari to run their calculations
Correct, they research what gives them the best bang for their buck and supports the calculations they need to do, buy that, and then go back to living a normal life where they can't even name the latest graphics card from nvidia, or how much VRAM their laptop has.

From my experience: because macos is the most broken OS on the market and because the hardware isn't great either. All it is is pretty. It's jewelery

Still the richest man on the planet
Stay btfo

>t. mactoddler

we will be seeink who is as americans call "btfo" when first missile of proletariat is headink for redmond, da

MACTODDLERS BTFO

>they research what gives them the best bang for their buck and supports the calculations they need to do

Except when it comes to running complex calculations you need extremely powerful processing
I'm not talking about 1+1 here, more like calculating every possible thing on a mission to mars
The variables and calculations are so fucking long that your macbook would fry before it could get quarter way through
It's why supercomputers exist, you fucking mong
How fucking dumb do you have to be to thing that hardware is only related to video games?
Oh wait, right, you're a mouthbreathing Macfag who can't tell apart his head from his ass

Oh, so you're not talking about independent projects?

Those other things are handled by an entirely different department. Physicists don't need to give a flying fuck, and they definitely don't have to give a flying fuck about how many FPS in LoL they can push on their fucking laptop, which is normally used as a glorified email client, UNIX dumb terminal, and powerpoint machine, and should therefore be comfy to use and nice looking above all else

>Yes, because the top physicists and mathematicians use a fucking Atari to run their calculations
They sure as hell don't use some gutless piece of shit laptop no matter what the logo on the back to run them either. Please stop trying to act like an authority on shit you know nothing about.

>>I need justify spending 1500 dollars to make a powerpoint document
Who said anything about justifying? They don't care, and the majority of people who actually understand and benefit from their work don't either. It's just you who's having an aneurysm over a couple hours' pay. The only people who give a shit about how much the tool costs are the pedantic dumbshits like you who know nothing about technology or "science" beyond shitposting, regurgitating marketing talking points and playing pretend professional.

You aren't special for spending less on something in order to maximize your mindless consumption. Stop acting like it.

>Except when it comes to running complex calculations you need extremely powerful processing
Which is often provided by servers and other remote systems, not your gutless shitty laptop or desktop.
>I'm not talking about 1+1 here, more like calculating every possible thing on a mission to mars
Ahh, an appeal to science fiction fantasy. I think I'll just stop here, it's clear you wandered in here from /r/technology recently and just haven't adjusted yet.

Spaceflight isn't really that computationally expensive, by the way. Most astronauts can handle that kind of math in their heads.

>Jobs literally steals from his friend to even start Apple in the first place
>Never does a lick of work himself but takes all the credit
>Has the balls to shit-talk people with far more technology and computer knowledge than he'll ever have

Why do people worship this fuck again?

Because they're smart enough to disregard Sup Forums's autistic bullshit.

Also:

>Tails just sat there coolly, looking Sonic right in the eye, before hurling back, in his squeaky voice, what would become a classic zinger.

Who writes this shit

He directed the company and signed off the good products he knew had potential, that's what mattered in the end, no matter how much it hurts your feelings that the big bad chad bogeyman ultimately won out in the end.

Woz wasn't really that special, by the way, all he did was integrate a shitty terminal onto a low-end 6502 board. Everything he built was a toy that implemented other people's ideas in an uninteresting way.

>died because of P.C.
>won out in the end

Because Sup Forums is even smarter

Sup Forums is inane. even RMS diagnosed us. 98% of Sup Forums are kids and NEETs.

>even RMS
wew lad

Posting inane comments is truly the highest form of intellectual activity.

The Macintosh did quite fine in its publishing/2D graphics niche throughout the 1980s to the mid '90s, certainly better than the Apple II kept on life support by the education market and a dwindling population of hobbyists and dedicated loyalists. And they're still alive today, and relevant enough to get under your skin and compel you to waste endless hours of your life shitposting in every thread about them.

>LEAV APEL ALONNNNNNNEEE

>t. mactoddler

Why don't you answer the opposite question.

They are using Macs / OSX presumably because they like them and are able to do whatever work they need to do on them - why should they switch?

not really. look up (((jacob rothschild)))

>practices and software incompatibility to force his shit

lol, microsoft's Embrace Extend Extinguish is sure a menace, but coming from a iFaggot posting from their closed garden of overpriced hardware AND software... i dont even..

Because I will call them faggots if they don't

Man, Sup Forums sucks shit at banter.

They use Macs because they value their time. You have to dick around with a GNU/Linux machine to make it functional for any amount of time and Windows is chock-full of retarded design decisions.

"It just works" isn't just a slogan.

that explains the need to use retarded names for normal things
>deep learning
>big data

>Why do smartest

That faggot isn't Perelman.

Shitpost.

he probably uses a Mac too. most of the Fields Medal winners use Macs. Pic related.

apple would withdraw their funding if they don't make public appearances with apple products

I've been to a few scientific conferences now and I think I've only seen one macbook at any of them.

I have a Mac. A laptop to be exact. I'm not super fond of it but it's alright. Next time I'm buying a windows laptop. Bash is nice though, windows and the command line is a disaster. And the small amount of programs and abysmal gaming performance also is annoying

>

>Woz wasn't really that special
He is literally the only reason people even know what Macs are today. Jobs was nothing without him. He would've been fired from Atari and left the tech business to go bullshit some other field to kingdom come and home computers would've been better off for it.

are the all in one macs actually good? a friend who runs a software business codes exclusively on one

True, my collage maths calculus professor has a Ph.D in math but doesn't know shit about technology . He simply doesn't care
I guess that's the case with most of these people, they have money and don't really care about Linux/Thinkpads so they just buy Mac so they don't have to think about it

>collage maths calculus professor
>collage

Because they just want the computer to work, so they can focus on important things, like their research. Spending time ricing desktops or messing with your configs is not productive.

If they are working somewhere like Google, they have company issued laptops. They can choose from a Mac, or some shitty windows laptop, or a chrome book. Of course they are going to choose Mac in that case.

scientists, while brilliant in their field, are often borderline retarded in every other aspect of life.

Alright you fuckers, I'm sold. What is a reliable MacBook model for those of us who don't have money to burn?

Equivalent to, say, a Thinkpad T420. Not the latest-and-greatest, but reliable and overall the best in its price range. What would be the MacBook equivalent of that?