Where were you when sabayon took over the linux desktop?

Where were you when sabayon took over the linux desktop?

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.sabayon.org/index.php?title=Entropy
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Working.

I don't know about alternative universes, user.

Sabayon has been the best distro for years but Sup Forums doesn't know of it because that would mean being educated on the subject and education is the enemy of Sup Forums's lifeblood, shitposting.

NORMIES GET OUY

SHILLS GET OUT

you can staty

>doesn't name one thing that makes it good
fuck off shill I'll stick with fedora *tips*

You really think working is for normal people? I just like to make a living, and most people call me abnormal since I work exclusively from home. But anyway, Sabayon is just Gentoo: baby version.

Ju..
Just install Gentoo you fag.

I used Sabayon many many years ago. It was the first distro with a beautiful and usable DE and UI out of the box that didn't need any tweaking.
I think they would have become like Ubuntu if they had the right backing. Basically easy to use Gentoo with visual flare.

The perfect blend of customization and usability. It has all the power of Gentoo's USE flags but only when and where you want them, you don't get it shoved down your throat. It just werx out of the box.

Working is unquestionably for normal people. Sabayon is just Gentoo but actually usable on systems that don't have so much power or time. If I'm in the middle of X and I realize I need to install Y I'd like to get it in a few seconds and then compile it myself later when I have the time. In Gentoo unless it's something massive like libreoffice I'm screwed.

Seriously? I'm considered a "normie" by your standards and I've managed a gentoo distro for years. Its only time consuming if you're either:

1. Slow at learning
2. Slow at typing
3. Own slow technology
4. All the above

You can install gentoo pretty quickly if you're cognizant more than 32% of the time.

Sabayon's package manger is unmatched in my opinion - the GUI version is top fucking notch and command line is, well, command line.

How does sabayon handle ABIs being half source/half binary?

Time consuming as in owning slow technology. Laptops exist. Tablets exist. Linux runs on all of them. Sabayon is Gentoo for the actual working man.

Now you're just trolling. You can work with any distro, the information varies very little. If you're that concerned about time, use windows or mac. Its sad to see so many forks of linux, instead of just more competent users. Sabayon is like ridding a bike with training wheels on the front and back wheels. Might as well just buy a calculator for remedial mathematics.

Doesn't it just use portage?

why would i use it over arch?
i'll actually try

>gentoo with systemd
Dropped

wiki.sabayon.org/index.php?title=Entropy

> Providing a higher grade of AI in package managers arena: Entropy guesses users' needs and acts accordingly.

sounds pretty botnet

Ew didn't realize it had systemd. I regret making this thread now. Guess I'll just stick with Gentoo.

Returning home to my Fedora home computer after an excruciating day at work in front of a Windows PC.

There's literally nothing wrong with systemd

Is sabayon good for someone used to the basic ones, like Ubuntu and Manjaro?

Like, any issues installing on UEFI?

It's okay.

Isn't that Gentoo for shitters who can't install Gentoo?

>poorman's gentoo wannabe
>out of the box with systemd

Never gonna happen pal, sorry.

>Nothing wrong
>Systemd
Pick one xd

Installed sabayon kde a couple months ago. Ran it for a month and a half or so. It was alright. Very bleeding edge. Weekly updates. If there's updates, you can't install anything from the repos without updating everything. And updates took a while, not too bad though. There's a monthly option.

>Gentoo, but for people to dumb to install Gentoo
Literally antergos tier derivative garbage

what's wrong with systemd, memester?

korora here piss off

botnet

>Sabayon is a beginner-friendly Gentoo-based dropped

>le systemd is le botnet fuk sjws
nice meme, dumbass