Current state of Linux desktop

>Current state of Linux desktop.
>It can't do shit edition.

DELET

MODS

BB-B-B-B-B-B----B--BB-B--BB-BB-B--B-B WW-W-W--WWE CAN USE W-W-W-W-WINE AND I-I-I-I-I-I-IT JUST WORKS I-I S-SWEAR!

And this is exactly why I went Hackintosh. Never looked back.

Linux is so fucking worthless for so many common tasks it's ridiculous.

If only it supported Pascal cards.

Hey friend, I saw your thread and realized you must not be into programming or networking, or understand how virtual machines work. See, most of my work involves scripting and and networking, for these reasons Linux is perfect for me with its plethora of networking tools and libraries that are managed through the package manager, as well better font rendering. If I ever have to run such a program, I can just run a Windows VM with vfio passthrough, allowing my computer's graphics card to be reserved for it. I understand if you don't do any serious work with computers why you may want to use exclusively Windows, and I won't judge you for it, friend :)

>buying gaymer trash
>using macOS

Dual-booting Windows and macOS is the best. Windows for gayming, macOS for a very sleek and refined UNIX-based OS.

>using 2 (TWO) shitty OSs
>posting on this board

>find /etc hosts
>/etc/.../
>/etc/.../...
>/etc/...
>/etc/hosts
>/etc/...
>
>file not found

the power of gahnoo plos looneex

>dual booting
still stuck in 2004 ?

>12 posts by this ID
lel

cd /etc
ls | grep "hosts"

>get a PS4
>surprised gamecube games don't work on it
This is how retarded you look, OP.

My brain now hurts.

of course, unless you're trying to find a file whom its directory is unknown. which actually was my original problem but for demonstration purposes i changed it to /etc/hosts in my post

>try to find a file that you know exists
>find / file
>file not found
>that can't be right
>do a test with a known file in a known directory
>file not found
>the power of gahnoo plos looneex

>current state of Windows desktop
>It can't do shit edition

With windows pcs it is fairly straightforward:

>boot windows pc
>do stuff I intended
>shut down

Now linux on the other hand...

>boot linux pc
>do stuff I intended
>shut down

>be me 12yo

>boot dos pc
>do stuff I intended
>shut down

Basically
>Hurr durr I didn't bother learning how to computer;computer is bad
*people that annoy you*

find /etc -name hosts

holy samefag batman

I mean, I use XFCE, so I can just use Catfish for that.

find / -name "file_name.gofuckyourself" 2>/dev/null

just look up the man page actually and learn something.

where is your regex?

locate hosts | grep .hosts$

who the FUCK are you quoting?

Why does your command prompt start in system32? Isn't that retarded? Mine always starts in the user folder.

Were you the kid who was mad that he couldn't play Mario on his Genesis?

>785
thicc

>Look all that unprofessional poor-imitation software.

Nice try freetard, but Photoshop, autocad and msoffice run on macOS too, even the shitty software you posted runs there too.

What actually makes your software better? Photoshop is overkill unless you're actually a professional artist, and msoffice is just plain inferior to libreoffice unless you're making heavy use of slideshows and macro-laden spreadsheets.

holy fuck you sound poor

and they also run on windows, what is your argument?

Did you think this was a Sup Forums styled console war? We don't care if our programs run on all platforms.

Macro-laden spreadsheets aka the entire reason for having msoffice

>I pay hundreds of dollars for locked-down software I don't even need

Macro-laden spreadsheets are like COBOL or Fortran; deprecated, but kept around because of momentum.

[poorfag intensifies]

Are you running the command prompt as an administrator?

>Were you the kid who was mad that he couldn't play Mario on his Genesis?

I was responding to that, at least read the whole thread.

[shilling intensifies]

No, and you shouldn't either unless you're doing something that actually needs admin privileges.

If you're a using that software professionally, you don't even buy the licenses, your company does.

>He assumes he being poor means others doesn't use all the features professional software has to offert.

>He views a word processor as a status symbol

Kek, Winfags are even worse than Applecucks

If you make that much use of those features, you should be using it professionally. Otherwise you're basically a cuck - paying money for productive tools that you're not even using to increase your wealth.

open fsearch > find file > problem solved

unless you're implying any other OS can instantly index and find files from the terminal instead of using dedicated software

Even worse, He pays hundreds of dollars per year because his proprietary software requires a subscription to use.

>wealth is the end-goal of everything I think or do

>Implying I don't use profesional software for a living.

No everybody use theirs computers as facebook machimes, freetard,

>He pays hundreds of dollars per year because his proprietary software requires a subscription to use

And that is bad because?

There is no shame in paying for useful tools, there isn't even an optin for that in Linsux.

Yawn yawn.

Libre office does all i need. And gimp handles the meme editing i do.

Just because adobe and MS have a monopoly doesnt justify submiting to them.

>Libre office does all i need. And gimp handles the meme editing i do.

>I need

Of course, if you bar is low, that unprofessional software will taste you good, no wonder.

Try running it to see which directory you end up in.

>apt-get

just type sudo apt you idiot.

sudo sudo apt?

So what exactly does LO lack that MSO have? Name one crucial feature that LO is missing that is absolutely essential to everyday home users?

Do you see a priviledge error freetard?
I was running it as root.
And you are the one that use Linsux? I lol at you.

>this board
dude 1/3 of the majority of Sup Forums has their Macbook next to their build. Accept it user, macs have become the standart.

When I run as admin it starts in C:/windows/system32, but when I run it normally it starts in C:/users/user

this.

apt-get is deprecated.

Moron, and you call your self a freetard.

Recently installed a W7 virtual machine so now I'm using both at the same time on a dual monitor setup. The only downside is that my memory usage cranks up so I might upgrade to 32gb in the near future.

you wish faggot

I don't think you understand how the CLI package manager works.

I undertand that Linux doesn't have that professional software, and I inded know how the CLI package manager Works because I've ven using Linux for more tan 15 years.

>what is a VM with a GPU passthrough
>what is PlayOnLinux
>what is dual booting
You have so many options, yet you still came here just to bitch.
>I've ven using Linux for more tan 15 years
That's not possible. You weren't even born yet.

Learn English before you try to shitpost.
POO IN THE LOO

Why not just install Windows and avoid so much crap?

>tfw thanks to Sup Forums I can recognize pajeets

Thank you Sup Forums and fuck off Shasmita

>TFW freetards can't compute possibilites.
>The feeling when you can easily spot freetards cause the only word they know is pajeets.

Blast! The Microsoft Internet Defense Force found the secret Sup Forumsentoomen hideout! Will our heroes be able to avoid the effects of their disinformation ray?! Find out next time on The Legend of The Sup Forumsentoomen!

>disinformation
What disinformation?

Windows 10 has Linux, so why would you install two OS's?

>losing performance at VMs

>windows desktop
>It can't do shit
put the photoshop/autocad/office dvd on the tray/double click the downloaded installer, follow the instructions, and it's done.

>78 / 7 / 39 / 5
plis stop it man, no one like you admit it

MICROTODDLERS B_T_F_O
HOW WILL THEY EVERY RECOVER?

i take that as a yes ? iommu has been a thing for like 10 years now. wtf are you even doing on a technology board ?