Why are you still using windows?

Why are you still using windows?

>.svg.png
fuck you pleb

I don't

Because my i7 ChinkPad has a caddy with a secondary SSD drive that I'm about to install Manjaro on. I can have the best of both Windows and Linux.

Dual boot?
In 2017?
why?

That's not dual-booting if it's on separate drive instead of on separate partitions on the same drive, stupid fuck.

DAMMIT. I meant to quote and reply to

I don't, I am using Linux.

Windows NEVER again.

Because Lincucks always use Windows. Be it dual-booting or inside a VM, Lincucks always use Windows and still have the nerve to claim that GNU/Linux is a practical OS. It's ironic that that same thing is the proof of how immature the OS they shill is.

The same shit, different name.
Why do you use windows?

I don't use windows, so...

If both are booted from the same boot manager (instead of changing boot order) then it is dual-booting you moron; it could be a disk 1000 miles away connected with a WiFi cable and repeaters, but as long as they share a boot manager it's still dual-booting.

I'm dual-booting because of vidya

I don't. Well, I do. However that's contained in a VM with GPU passthrough if absolutely needed.

Pragmatism is required in today's Microsoft world. Though a hefty 90% of the time the VM is shut off.

There are more, but a don't have money.
I can play on linux, why do you use windows?

Friendly reminder

I think if is a work's need, maybe.

i said u, i don't have enougth money, but, i can play. So you don't have excuses

muh gaymes

but the rest of my systems ie the productive ones are linux (hoping to move into BSD for my mail servers for jails and also lulz)

>uses strawman
>claims every linux user is like this
>mfw

Because they run way better on Windows; anyone saying what you're saying has obviously never tried it. In the last 3 months I have tried to migrate my gaming activities regarding CSGO, Dota 2, NMRiH, Civ 5, and KSP to GNU/Linux; not a single one of them performed as well as on Windows. First you have to tweak stuff to make it even run properly (audio failed most often), and when you finally optimize it you get way less FPS; for reference, I got around 40 in CSGO and 25 in KSP, while on Windows I can get over 200 for both games using this same computer. As cleverly pointed, the GNU/Linux support only means that it runs on it, not that it runs properly (let alone optimally). I have like 230 GNU/Linux games on Steam, guess how many run as well as on Windows; only Terraria and Plague Inc. run as well on GNU/Linux as on Windows, it's a shit OS for gaming and only people who haven't tried it shill it.

This
>I hate windows and everyone should stop using it because micro$oft is evil and windows is non free and is a botnet and is shit and linux is better because everyone told me that and etc
>either has windows in a VM for gaymes
>or has windows on dualboot
>or has windows on some other computer
>or has wine installed on his linux
>or will lie and say they don't have any of this
>But windows is horrible and gets blue screens (not because I'm retarded but because the OS is) and doesn't protect your cp stash and everyone should stop using it and should start using linux instead because its better and is free and etc

>what is qemu+kvm

>lying on the internet

Because Ableton Live

You asshole, listen to him you fucking white manchild. Why play your games natively when you can get subpar performance and waste resources on a VM? Are you fucking kiddin' me?

since when can you post svg images on Sup Forums?

>being this pleb
>not putting that linux as a VM inside a UNIX for max safety an 1337ness
>not using VMs inside VMs to use software that you could use natively on the best OS

newfags

Nice troll. I bet in that opinion you don't include overall performance from the machine running other applications like web browser.

Windows is a resource hog by nature and once you fire up a game you can't do much anything else. Linux can do multitasking since its inception.

TL;DR with Linux you can play and shitpost in Sup Forums while playing games, not with windows

>Windows is a resource hog by nature and once you fire up a game you can't do much anything else. Linux can do multitasking since its inception.
if you believe hard enough, it might come true

now you are just trolling

No good VR on linux yet

No good enough VR games yet.

y-you too

I had to install a Linux VM under Windows to run some old WINDOWS software; nice try though :)

You do realize that there's nothing hypocritical about using Wine unless the person in question is a unix purist (in which case they should be using REEL EUNUCHS instead of Linux anyway)? Wine is free software, it doesn't include any of the botnet shit that Windows has, it's just a reimplementation of the API.

i never could say it better

if you dont play video games you can do without windows

/thread

Adobe Lightroom

I erased windows yesterday. True story.

This is my desktop now. Pick related it's mydesktop

because RMS scares away normalfags like me.

>just use ffmpeg guis!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I switched to windows to play videogames. Realized I don't really care about videogames anymore and am currently installing slackware.

>Windows is a resource hog by nature
Windows 10 RAM use on boot: 1.0GB
My Android phone: 1.5GB

So usable Linux is FAR more bloated than Windows.

Why are you still using Linux?

install chromium instead of chrome.

work

This right here is epitome of what a Linux desktop is capable of. A shitty anime wallpaper, shitty browser and a shitty UI to simply shitpost. You cannot take this setup to a corporate environment because 1. people will laugh at you 2. it is useless and can't do any real work.

People in real world don't give a fuck about your free software ideology, they expect you to deliver using professional software tools that are industry standard. Most of you faggots don't even know how to use advanced Excel macros and Access databases.

Only for games ;^)