In this thread:

In this thread:

>Linux users will say something good about windows
>Windows users will say something good about Linux

>Vimfags will say something good about VSfags
>VSfags will say something good about Vimfags

>Amdfags will say something good about Nvidiafags
>NVidiafags will say something good about Amdfags

That image is autistic as fuck. Do animetards actually believe that?
Kek

it's pretty easy to believe the whole world has gone SJW when you're a worthless neet who never goes outside to realize that nothing has changed and SJWs pretty much DO NOT EXIST outside of university campuses.

>Linuxfag here

Windows is user friendly and can be operated completely through the GUI

I use Linux, Vim, AMD

Windows is pretty robust, even though I don't like the direction they took with Windows 8 and 10. For whatever reason, Windows Explorer is faster at browsing network shares than Linux (or OS X). Windows has the best default Window management with its Win + Left/Right/Up/Down behavior.

Visual Studio is quite good at setting up projects "automagically." Sometimes it is nice to have everything in one place.

Nvidia also makes graphics cards. I'm a software guy, don't have much of an opinion on graphics cards.

> Windows
Linux and general open source projects promote the future of technology that we should be working toward over closed source and proprietary
>VS
Vim is a lot more sane of a choice in a lot more situations and in the context of remote operations is one of the only viable choices while being productive (I use both)
>Nvidia
Less faulty hardware in general

Windows could be worse.
I suppose.

Windows
>paste the URL of a file into the browser's file picker
>it just werks

Windows has powershell.

I actually really like aero.

Hey windows, thanks for sucking so much shit. Fucking kill yourself.

Linux is fucking garbage, make a file picker

>go out into real world
>the girls aren't SJW
>but they are 60k+ in debt and working part time at starbucks
>no real aspirations
>waiting for a man to eventually marry them and pay off their shit

Why would a kernel have a file picker? Fucking retard

>windows
Linux is useful for replacing the utilman.exe file with a cmd to break into windows accounts
>NvidiaFag
Well all my gpus have just werked pretty good but thanks for the healthy competition.

I moved to the center of Europe and what you say is complete lies.

Because it sucks dick thats why

In major US cities they are SJWs and...
>overweight
>already have a kid
>alcoholic
>think their opinions matter because JLaw said something political once
>can't cook or pump their own gas

so, what's the problem, you can fuck as long as you don't get married you are fine.

>>Linux users will say something good about windows
I use Windows
>>Windows users will say something good about Linux
I use Linux

>Windows does have nice.. whew lad, fuck this thread.

Fuck off Stallman.

Linux, Vim, and Nvidia.

Windows has great management of windows between monitors. It also has foobar.

I'm really trying to get a positive out of that bloated shit, but the most I could find is that it's retardedly easy to make a project with it, even if you don't know what you're doing.

AMD has a lot of nice open standards, which is a plus for everyone. They have very good hardware in that they have some compute intact. AMDgpu is shaping to be a great open solution for Linux, I sure wish most of their code got merged to the kernel.
I have an Nvidia card, but I am in no means a Nvidiafag. I hate them, but their proprietary drivers offer good performance. I would switch to AMD in a heartbeat if their drivers performed similarly.

throwing my anime pillow away and trying to become a normie was the biggest mistake of my life. the women of today have had miles of cocks and they look like they just came out of prison with their tattoos/piercings. true story

>"i'm sick of anime girls"
>said nobody ever

Linux looks good, vim has a nice minimalistic look and is less bloated, AMD has better long term drivers

Windows is superior to Linux in every conceivable way if your goal is to use pre-made content.

Linux is superior to Windows in every conceivable way if your goal is to micromanage things.

If we ignore the fact, that it's an outdated piece of shit until Zen arrives... okay, let me begin again: If we go back four years the AMD PC as an ecosystem has a more complete set of features and works a lot smoother than any NV+Intel collection of hardware, and I'd welcome the return of said ecosystem with Zen.

NV has a no-bullshit straightforward architecture, that doesn't want to do all kinds of new things to future-proof their hardware, they are strictly focused on delivering performance that matters to consumers today, and that's why they are the more appealing choice for most.

Windows runs alot of games.

visual studio is the only thing that can run c#

Nvidia has better performance (on pc)

>Linux
Windows can be fully operated through the GUI. Even the most "bloated" DE for GNU/Linux can't manage to do this right.

>Vim
VS is an ide, not only an editor. Really the comparison should be between vim+gcc+gdb+..., in which case VS just wins for "working out of the box". Setting everything yourself can be a real pain the ass.

This thread is bad and you should feel bad.

Linux has a sane directory structure, and much nicer configuration than Windows.
I don't use either of these editors.
AMD is very good if you're on food stamps.

Linux is good at what it does. Windows is good at what it does.
The issue is that people compare the two when they strive to achieve different goals.
Linux is a kernel, Windows is a full-fledged OS.

Windows, VS, Nvidia

Linux is FOSS
VIM is FOSS
AMD participate in FOSS projects

>vsfag reporting
i legit wish i had the motivation to learn vim, my uni CS lecturer used it and he was fucking good at his job

If you want to do single monitor single card non-virtualized Windows gaming (as most people do), NVIDIA's better.

How is AMD better for multiple monitors?
Genuinly curious, never owned AMD but always ran 2 or more monitors. That is to say, I never played games across more than 1 at a time.

>visual studio is the only thing that can run c#
What?

GNU/Linux user here.

I remember Windows 3.11,literally a windows you could grab with your hand was impressive. Then Windows 95, so beautiful icons.

Nvidiafags, you're lovely people.
You're just misguided using piece of shit Nvidia hardware

I've just found that NVIDIA Surround on Windows freezes all the fucking time while you're configuring it and doesn't deal with disconnection/reconnection really at all.
On Linux it's the difference between having to write some complex Xorg.conf and edit stuff in a special NVIDIA config utility versus just issuing a command with Xrandr on AMD.
Your mileage may vary, just my personal experience of owning both of them with triple head for quite a while.

I only used Surround once.
If that's what you're talking about, I totally see what you mean with Nvidia being horrible for multimonitor setups, because it was horrible,
but there's no considerable setbacks in just normal multimonitor usage?

>windows
It makes a lot of people a lot of money.
The licensing people, the support people and the people who sell software to the platform would not have the same income if everybody learned to use linux.

>Visual Studio
It does coding style differently from most other editors.
eg, it doesn't just handle indentation, it can also insert spaces around variables. That is kinda neat I guess.

>AMD
Sometimes they actually make drivers for their products.

At least its not OS X.

>Vimfags will say something good about VSfags
At least you're not using emacs.

>NVidiafags will say something good about Amdfags
At least you're not using Intel Graphics.

Miku miku dance does not works in wine

>windows:
-makes gnu/linux *bsd/unix
look pro in comparison

>win/GNU fag here
Windows is more user friendly, has a bigger software library (at least when it comes to professional software).

GNU/linux is more customisable, usually more stable and has more experimental software and is great for learning how computers work beneath the surface.

Fingers crossed for the hybrid windows with Linux kernel. That might be the the biggest milestone of computing in the next decades if it really happens.

Well... I use Linux, Windows, Vim and VSCode daily for different tasks. AMD on my desktop and NVidia on my laptop.

What the fuck am I supposed to do?

kys

Linux sucks
Vim/Emacs sucks
AMD sucks

Windows/VS/Nvidia is a thinking man's setup. Time is money, fuck your free software.

>being spoonfed with pre-made solutions, sacrificing utility for convenience is what a thinking man prefers

It's retarded arguments like this that do the term windowsbabbeh justice. If there ever is a time I'm ashamed of using Windows is whenever I see your asinine arguments for it.

So edgy.

>Windows on desktop, Ubuntu on laptop
>NVidia Free on both
Linux has a lot more flexibility
Windows has a lot more compatibility out-of-the-box
Nvidia has the Titan, which is pretty cool I guess

While the CIS white scum response is just a meme, if you're not a male model you'll either be ignored or called a creep if you try online dating

This is a cool feature, but it always seems to take a lot longer than downloading an image should take. Does it VScan or something too?

Windows has gaemos.
VS aside bloat is actually good software. Nice debugger fexample.
Nvidia has gaemos optimized especialy for certain card models which is nice if you want truly flawless performance "way it meant to be played".

Windows 7 works well.

>Windows users will say something good about Linux
Linux is great for running servers.

I manage both. Hate Windows 10. Windows 7 has never given me trouble.

Windows user: I absolutely love the concept of Linux. I have an obsession with seeing every update and what it does. Good luck doing that on Windows. I will gladly switch if Linux can support some old-school DirectDraw titles. Plus I would need some replacement for Adobe Premiere, not sure what is viable in Linux.

Nvidia User: AMD hasn't had any leaks of telemetry at least.

thanks for trying

I use both linux and windows
Windows is good for gaming
Linux is good for control

I use nvidia
AMD is great for what you pay for, if I was going to make a budget computer I'd go AMD

Linux package managers are great. Windows has third-party updaers that check for new updates of other programs and download them, but they're most likely spying on their users.
CLI pipe is useful and I wish WIndows has it.

Her face is the Chaika face.

>Windows
Has good support for industry/professional applications
>VS
I've used it until I came to Linux, and it's pretty good, it just werks
>Nvidia
Raw performance

>Windows
It's really user friendly.
For the most part it works, and when it doesn't the solution has probably already been found and documented since it has a large userbase

>VS
I had little to no experience with VS, but from what i remember it felt great being able to do everything in one good IDE.

>AMD
Their graphics card do the job fine. I still have a Sapphire with VGA, S-Video and Composite.

I've heard low-level device i/o is integrated into linux and is easily accessible through /dev. Guess that's pretty neat.

Linux Nvidia Vim

Windows has a very intuitive filesystem heirarchy, has good performance, and hasn't gotten more bloated in years.

VisualStudio is a nicely made dev environment with a lot of features

AMD gives a shit about open source sometimes, and promotes royalty-free and cross-platform tools and libraries

No it isn't, fuck off you prentend-anime autist

>SJWs pretty much DO NOT EXIST outside of university campuses
oh wow, how alleviating this is. surely that does not encompass a fair number of women my age and of the same level of education as me.
how good this is. now I can rest assured that I won't have to deal with a SJW ever.

fucking dumbcunt.

>Linux
more software available, higher gaming performance

Windows is a great way to make money developing and selling features found on free and open source systems like GNU/Linux

Windows XP's UI was responsive and its control panel was stellar

>linuxfag

im sure theres something, but I cannot not think of what it is, maybe .exe is easy to install random crap,

>windows 10 is perfectly usable after some tweaking
>VS looks quite nice

I refuse to say anything good about either of the GPU benchmark enthusiasts

Pretty much this.

Dated my gf since she was 19 and she was a virgin. What's your excuse?

Also
>not dating a girl because she's more sexually experienced than you'll ever be

Not true. Just don't be a fat slob or creepy neckbeard.

I use emacs on macs with integrated graphics

>linux looks good

Microsoft is getting there with security on Windows10
Linux still doesn't have grsecurity patches in mainline.

You're fucking lying, I live in 3rd world latin america and I see SJWs on the streets here. Wish I was joking.

He raped me

>took away my gf's virginity
>can cuddle with an anime pillow right besides her if I want

You're just beta as fuck

>show the court her msg from last night telling me how good I fucked her and how she wants more

You were sayan...?