What's an easy tech service that I can offer to people in my college town to earn easy money on craigslist...

What's an easy tech service that I can offer to people in my college town to earn easy money on craigslist? Something that wouldn't be hard for me to do or learn but lots of people would pay money for?

Laptop repair?

Hard drive space upgrades for desktops, computer building etc.

probably replacing cracked phone screens, idk how profitable it is though

Pc maintenance and clean up. Probably updates that have failed. Maybe people want to go back to win7 instead of 10.

Hardware advice, if drives are failing or psu dying be the middle man to facilitate upgrades.

Basic file servers or networking.

Probably best to specialize in cracked iPhone screens

I also have this question. I hold a cert from Apple and would, if needed, get a Cisco or CompTIA cert as well.

Where besides Idiot Squad could I work and make a decent living doing PC work? I thought of doing my own business but when I did and bought business cards, advertisement, etc, no one inquired.

With places like iColor and others, it's too flooded. Also it's not a well paying job

Not OP, but that's a great idea. Just simple troubleshooting for dummies would work.

All of that has been dead for 10 years. Kids with enough money to afford college just buy new laptops every time Apple comes out with a new one.

True. Most students use their fin aid money to run to the Apple Store and get a new fucking device every semester.

Is this true? Does mean there are tons of cheap second hand MacBooks at colleges?

On CL, usually when semesters end you will see a bunch listed.

And on another note, if you're looking for a game console, check in conjunction with when test scores come out. Like for instance the SAT's or something like that. Might get a great deal on some shit because some Asian kid got a lower than expected SAT/ACT

I used to scam people for "hacking" services off of craigslist.

People would always ask about recovering myspace or FB passwords. I would meet in public place, take their money and never speak again.

install windows for 50 bucks
"""maintenance"""

smart.

>meet in public place
To do what? Show them that you can't really do it?

I start off by insisting on using a keylogger or something to simplify the process. Since everyone is in a god damned hurry, I say I can do it remotely, but I need time to do so. I collect their cash (half up front, half when done) and disappear with cash in hand.

>insisting on keylogger
Novice-tier but alright

>remotely
Eh

>half up front, half when complete
Complete what? If your scheme made any sense, it would be great. But it doesn't

You trick people, user! Of course he can't do it! You TRICK them into giving them half the stated price! For fucks sake mate.

Dude, you really are fucking retarded. Holy fucking shit.

>HEY WANNA GET INTO YOUR EXES FACEBOOK?
>HURR YEAH
>OKAY M8 GIVE ME 20 QUID
>ALRIGHT BRUV
>WAIT I THINK THAT GUY SCAMMED ME
>HAHAHAHA JOKES ON HIM, I DON'T KNOW WHAT I'M EVEN TALKING ABOUT

Basic maintenance stuff like malware removal, and deleting temporary files. Setting up Kodi might also be an option, too

Find local restaurants and businesses with awful websites (they're all over) and redesign their websites. Bootstrap + vanilla html/css should be enough to make a slick looking minimal static site. You could probably start out by doing one or two for free then charging a few hundred per site after that once you have a portfolio

Digital buttsex

This

sucking dick desu

If you can program you can always do people's homework for them.

I wanna know how to gain peoples trust in order to fix their fucking devices. I remember seeing a lady rage quitting at a Geek Squad and just leaving because they couldn't do their job properly and I wanted to just pull her aside and likely taking on whatever is wrong with her shit and getting paid for it.

Unlocking icloud-locks on iphones :^)

There's some people who are too retarded to help sometimes.

She may have been one of them...

They don't have money to buy that stuff. It's just that fashion and peer pressure is so severe they make sacrifices, like increased student loans, to buy that stuff.