noctua dh-15

fuck its actually nh d15

kek

very effective

Is this a Jojo reference?

HEHE XD

Its name roughly translates from French to "the big douchebag"

Fuck any CPU cooler that uses proprietary fan sizes or mounting holes

My CPU cooler has a 135mm fan and a 120mm fan. Not only is the 135mm fan proprietary dimensions but both of them have the mounting holes in the middle if you know what i mean. Like pic related. This makes it impossible to replace the fans if they break, because the clippings won't fit normal fans.

It's a good and quiet cooler but why on earth didn't they just go with the industry standard

t. Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 3 owner

Does this count ?

Is watercooler obsolete these days

youtube.com/watch?v=2uQgsi8jxJ0

Member when Scythe was Sup Forums's original meme cooler brand

Tell me Sup Forums, can the 212 Evo handle the 7700k?

Not if you want to overclock

So air cooling for 7700k needs a poo fan minimum?

Not necessarily, but why would you even buy a 7700k if not for pushing it to it's limits?

Just get and enjoy your 5 GHz CPU.

It handles my 6600K

Which AIO is the best?

Lumi when

Hard to beat the Hyper 212 Evo at that price point.

no they're just largely unnecessary and have diminishing returns.

the only benefits IMO is
1) you want to look cool
2) you want absolute silence
3) you REALLY care about that 2~4C difference.

Thermalright Macho.

Cheap, massive, TWO LAYERS OF THERMAL PIPES.

This shit right here can cool ANYTHING down on low fan rpm.

When i get myself an 8 core Zen and cloch the fuck out of it amma slapping this bitch on it.

And it can cool your puny low power 4cores without a fan at all.

>inb4 it's ugly
It's not made for beauty contests, it's MACHO not a princess. It doesnt look cool, it cools cool.

LOOK AT THESE PIPES

Gammaax 400 says fuck your obselete shit

This is awesome since its like 40 bucks and huge.

Mah nigga

However that fan mounting is utter dogshit as it stops you slapping on a 38mm thick fan to get enough cooling power to tame an overclocked 9590.

Pic semi-related - the fan clips are on the inner mounting holes so you can, in fact, mount 38mm thick fans to it (which I have done). A 3900rpm 3A delta fan is a thing to behold.

>MATX build
>Almost none of these will fit without overlapping pcie slot
>212 is garbage
Only option I really have for good cooling is NH-D15S. Needs to be more good 120MM coolers.

Works on my machine

Even the 90mm $18 cryorig m9i beats that old shit. Quieter too.

>babby's first after market cooler
i love it tbqhwy.

Pretty based.
The low profile C14S isn't far behind the big D15, even with a 250w load. 7c~ difference in temp delta.

For aesthetics I think Phantek makes some of the best looking coolers, though a Noctua with black and grey fans is pretty handsome. Matches the color scheme of upcoming AM4 boars nicely.

I actually cut one of them up to provide pcb/vrm cooling for my crazy clocked gpu.

P.S the spaghetti comes free.

What's the best AIO cooler on the market?

What gpu and what for?

The biggest you can find.

290x and to stop the vrms melting when air cooling the bitch to 1200mhz core while chugging nearly 1.4v. Consider this in computerbase.de's recent testing a fury x is only on average 25% ahead of a 290x and my one is clocked 20% higher my 290x performs basically on par with a fury / fury nano.

They're all shit.

What temps do your CPU's average at, and what is the GHZ?

Mine is 30C @ 4.0GHZ w/ NH D15.

During the summer it can get as low as 18C thanks to A/C.(Heater during the winter raises temps)

Just cross my shit up.

There's the Macho X2 as well. Both are pretty close to the Noctua D15 meme.

>60C average
that's pretty bad

Its also under a torture load thats at least 15c higher than normal usage (gaming for example). Plus its also pulling 1.428v to stay stable at 4.7ghz - thats a 200w cpu you are looking at.

You can easily drill out a bigger hole.
t. Be Quiet Pure Rock owmer

Just what were they thinking before?

I still like mine, it worked pretty well and I only replaced it due to moving into an mITX with a 4670k.

This

>58746666

Would a Cryorig R1 Ultimate also be acceptable for pushing a 7700k to 5GHz?
Different user btw.

I'm looking to make an old 3930k LGA 2011 build, but I need a meaty cooler to overclock with, suggestions?

3930k here. You will need good water 280mm minimum I think. Mine hits thermal limit at 4.7GHz 1.38V with a NH-D14 running IntelBurnTest.

The R1 ultimate is the only cooler that consistently duels the D15 for top spot in charts.

Depends how far you want to push your chip but given (iirc) thats a 6c/12t beast anything rated to handle 200w or more will tame it.

>IBT
>causes throttling
>especially if using avx2 version

In other news, water is wet.

Yeah I know AVX and therefore IBT is hotter. But I had the 3930k under 360mm water and it did not throttle at all. 4.8 @ 1.42V, in the 70s.

Alright, now would I buy a Kraken or Corsair AIO? I've looked at reviews and such but those never cover pump failures or leaks.

Thanks user.

>Sandybridge
>AVX2

No idea, I used a custom EK. They have a kind of prebuilt loop, the Predator, have no experience with it. The D14/D15 and other top end air are probably better than most other AIOs but if you do get one, make sure it has a big radiator minimum.

Flushing the loop was such a hassle that I just went back to air even though temps and OC are worse.

The predator is the only good AIO in existence as it is (as you say) essentially a prebuilt loop.

The Thermaltake has a 360mm cooler. Should I fell for this meme?

What should I buy if my budget is high? I want to do a lot of overclock.

>Thermalright Macho.

The MD Geist of CPU coolers.

NH-D15. Don't fall for the closed loop meme.

no its cirno you fucking pleb

That's what I was going to buy, but I don't know. Are all AIO coolers a meme? I mean, shouldn't be better for the air to be throwed out of the case?

CANT STOP, HES JUST A SOLDIER

RESPOND PLEASE Sup Forums

AOIs are a meme unless you're making a super small form factor system.
Get a Noctua NH-D15 or Cryorig R1 Ultimate.
Only step up from those two is to go for a custom water cooling loop.

Their coolers? No.

Their case fans? Yes.

i've wanted a macho for so long but i don't want to buy a case to accommodate such a massive block of metal
maybe i'll just buy one as a paperweight someday

Would be cool if you mounted an 80mm fan on each of the slanted sides of the heat sink, then used the top 120mm as pull.

They all perform basically the same. It comes down to if you want fucking LEDs or not. Keep in mind there is a least a margin of error of 1c so the results are all the same.

youtube.com/watch?v=LA_qVVhvZaY

At local vex competitions a neck beard neet drives that around like a fucking legend

>Chink sink

>autism: the cooler

Noctua U12S because I want to actually be able to be able to upgrade my RAM without remounting my heatsink in the future.

Whacked in my H100i V2 AIO watercooler yesterday. Temps on my FX8350 went from 71-75c to 38-39c under 100% load. Can't fault it for the price. Will overclock in near future. Hope to get 4.5-4.7Ghz stable.

>No Fan
>needs fans
False Advertising at its finest. The only PC I've built that doesn't use any fans is an ASRock N3700 motherboard in a VESA-mountable case. It never goes over 47 degrees.

Checkmate atheist!

Forgot to add. Clean the heat sink with light acid. For whatever reason they still have dust embedded in the copper after sanding. That or the oxide turns black after that arctic cool cleaning shit.

handles my fx-8350 OC to 4.5.

I live in texas

If my case only has 120mm case fans, would that be a problem for airflow if I put in a Noctua D15, since the CPU cooler would be blowing more air towards the exhaust fan than the exhaust fan is moving?

>air coolers in 2017

Can any of you smart people recommend a cooler for this build? I don't know anything about overclocking.

pcpartpicker.com/list/KcwPYr

the one in OP's pic

Wow I'm dumb, I forgot to mention I'm budgeting myself to like

this one

>red pcb

Hey guys what about me?

its a coaster tf i care what colour it is

the one in OP's pic is $35 - well worth it

loud