Is JetBrains good IDEs or is there better free IDEs on the market?

Is JetBrains good IDEs or is there better free IDEs on the market?

Android Studio is better.

vim

I tried using their early access ide for Go. Not impressed, gonna stick with neovim.

They're laggy as fuck and use like 2 fucking gigs of RAM.

Well vim is a text editor not a IDE so your reply is kinda redundant

>faking a GUI with text and ANSI escape codes

webstorm is the only one that is reasonable
resharper is fine too but only because vs is already a perfect ide

vim is an IDE.

Look at him and laugh

I still like eclipse for my Java, Javascript needs.
>inb4 pajeet

Shart in mart

eclipse if fucking horrible, no idea how an oss project got so bloated and slow

>jetbrains
>free
if by free you mean 'activated using a chink license server' then ok.

>atom

well.. c'mon now, it's a web browser, of course it's shit
but 4real tho, atom with java syntax highlight plugin and command line compiling would be more appealing than eclipse

lol, no way
when atom boots up i can go and make me a coffee

What kind of fucking toaster pc do you have?

It's good but it's a matter of opinion.
Just try it out and find out for yourself.

> But I don't want to deal with choice in a free market

Go write C# then you proto-commie.

Just wanted some opinions before trying it, currently using NetBeans and I'm getting tired of it

Visual Studio 2015 for C and C++, Visual Studio Code for LaTeX, Netbeans for everything else.

The professional versions are too bloated with default installed shit you will never need.

>Shitbrains IDE
lol no

I can literally start up the ue4 editor and play an example game faster and with better performance than starting up Intellij.

Embarcadero C++ Builder, kid.

I have used their Java IDE for years and it's been great, I really recommend it over every other Java IDE (real world Java in Vim is just insane).

I tried their C++ IDE though and Vim with a clang-based completion plugin is still superior despite the lack of refactoring tools.

I have heard people say good things about PyCharm, but I haven't used myself

Resharper runs at the speed of smell, and VS 2015 stole most of resharpers useful features and baked them into the IDE

Emacs or Spacemacs, if you need vim keybindings

>They're laggy as fuck
Stop lying on the Internet.

Intellij is better the ecliose, netbeans, and android studio. If you are writing java you should be using intellij

vim + tmux

>free
yes
>better than JetBrains
yes

Eclipse seems to work for me. I don't really understand what more I need. Plus there are things like eclim for eclipse

whats the difference between idea and idea zero latency?

Zero Latency is a recently added option
It draws the character immediately and only then does background processing (auto-completion et cetera) in a parallel thread

I use it everyday because I work in Scala. It's nice. Also since java 8 it doesn't lag

Shitty overrated IDE, stay away from it.

I like PyCharm a lot. But I also develop on Mac, so take that for what you will.

For me it's the best IDE's out there.

ni/g/Sup Forumsa intellij is the bomb. if you're just going to develop web apps, i think atom is the best FOSS

Interned in front-end development for a large software company. Everyone there used WebStorm and vscode.

Nice try, jetbrains.

Meme

Nice, a useful thread in Sup Forums for once, gonna try this out later. Last time I tried idea was years ago and it was shit.