Holy shit, CyanogenMod is garbage

Holy shit, CyanogenMod is garbage.

>flash CM, corrupts SD card and won't install large apps
>format card and reflash, works
>apps randomly crash
>apps won't start
>phone reboots randomly for no reason
>randomly laggy as shit

I have an LGG3 so while my phone isn't brand new, it shouldn't have this many problems. Is lineageOS more stable or am I going to have to go back to stock?

Other urls found in this thread:

opengapps.org/?api=7.1&variant=pico
slimroms.org/
opengapps.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

LineageOS is CyanogenMod. Have to say that Lineage seems smoother but I upgraded from CM13 so it's probably the newer Android doing that (this is on a One Plus One btw).

Definitely give Lineage a try if they have any official roms for your device.

Idk, both CM and Lineage work perfectly for me. It's no one's fault that you're incompetent.

Learn how to properly flash a ROM, faggot.

Yeah I know, I was wondering if since the rebrand its had stability fixes. I don't think my device has an official build, but I can probably build it myself.

Yes its so hard to press a fucking button and wait for it to finish flashing. Its not the installation its the ROM that has problems.

Works on my Deviceā„¢

I'm not sure if you actually wiped or not since it really does look like you didn'g.

>Install a version of CM on every phone I've owned
>Never had any of those issues

*shrug*

Hijacking thread

Resurrection remix or lineage?

Just name and ownership has changed. Everything is exactly same.
Screw CM, get LineageOS.

Lastly learn to flash correctly, those looks like common issue when steps are not followed correctly.

CM *is* shit, it's like layered shit that is being directed by people who just want to keep adding more shit and don't care about security and efficiency just "muh features" or "muh wanting to stand apart from AOSP"

Fuck CM/Lineage
Go back to using stock or learn to compile a mostly AOSP ROM and use that, not this badly-written crap made by the amateurs of XDA

I installed cyanogenmod and the latest version for my phone came with a lovely bug that drained the battery about twice as fast as the normal OS, with nobody involved in CM putting in any effort to actually fix the issue.

I'm not gonna bother with it again. What a shitshow.

(The phone was a samsung galaxy s2)

Fucking this, looks like he didn't bother wiping the cache/user data and it turned into a clusterfuck.

>Flash CM on S4 mini
>Clear user data/cache first so it actually works
>Zero problems or issues at all ever

lern2flash retard.

What version of CM did you use? If you're using older devices it's safer to stick with older versions of Android. I wouldn't go any higher than Kitkat on a Galaxy S2.

fuck if I know, I did it like 3 years ago

I know someone with an S2 who put CM on it recently, he didn't seem to be having any issues. Maybe it's improved in 3 years.

Your device maintainer sucks, feel free to be the one to improve your kernel and device tree, the device I maintain is rock stable on 14.1 since october

I have a 1+1 too, currently with CM 12.1 because 13 had some bugs with the gallery. How are you finding LineageOs? Is it stable enough for an everyday use device?

The 1+1 is supported by like 4 different top LineageOS developers and it already is receiving CAF kernel commits, I don't see how it would be unstable

>Flash CM on my now bricked moto g3
>Android Nougat mother fucker.
>Light and buttery smooth.
>Customizeable as hell, lots of options for almost everything.
>Feels like I'm using a proper OS now.
>Still miss the experience.

lrn2pajeet OP.

>i don't compile my own ROM
wow it's nothing

>1hr 37m sot
Install lineage is desu

Sup Forums is pajeet

>can't build VLC for the last dozen versions because build servers are outdated dogshit
>remove VLC from repo
who are these clowns

How did you brick it?

VLC supports the playback of MPEG Layer-3 audio which violates your freedoms. Why would you want to use it? Compile it without MP3 support and try again.

opengapps.org/?api=7.1&variant=pico

that's about the size of it, namefag.
the takeaway here is that foss zealots poison everything they touch.

just download the apk straight from the vlc site and bypass the f-droid faggotry

>google play services
wrong

:^)

Everything on f-droid is outdated and broken

Sound more like your shitty knockoff chinese sd card has bad sectors and its fucking up whatever you do

VLC is GPL in its entirety, including but not limited to its mp3 decoder. Nothing is violating your freedoms.

>reset phone
>sim not detected

great

Wiped cache, user data, and dalvik cache.

The SD card was something fixable by a format, but that doesn't explain random resets and apps crashing for no reason.

Oh i didn't know that, thank you

Nigger you need to wipe systen too, that's what your problem is

If you don't know how to do this stuff don't do it.

Try slimroms.org/ with opengapps.org/

they seem to have removed the botnet autocomplete from their browser, or was that already the case in cm14?

>I don't think my device has an official build

Well there's the fucking problem. I love CM/Lineage but good lord I would never get anywhere near pajeet unofficial builds ever. The official ones are smooth, everything else is pure trial and error pieced together garbage.

sure fa.m

Cyanogen mod gets security fixes before Nexus builds by lifting them directly from AOSP.

At this point I'd trust them over Google, hardware manufacturer and carrier.

you are using the wrong version of GAPPS

That is offset by how badly they have increased the attack surface by bringing all the pajeet code. They have homegrown nearly all their own apps or at least modified enough shit to make it very insecure.

I don't think they have ever been audited and probably won't ever be considering the size of the job versus the actual chance of anyone caring enough to attack an """OS""" that's obscure as this. It is security through obscurity and will be for a long time or forever.

If you really care just compile your own ROM from aosp, at least that shit has been somewhat vetted by people who know what they're doing and get paid for it.

Does Lineage OS support wifi calling?

Haha you're poor

This

Hit up IFUNNY account noosekaboose if you want some edge.

No fucking shit, CM is dead

CM and LOS aren't good roms by themselves. They lack tons of features and improve literally nothing. Not to mention the camera apps are dogshit.

they are good bases for other roms though. Look into resurrection remix.

>That is offset by how badly they have increased the attack surface by bringing all the pajeet code. They have homegrown nearly all their own apps or at least modified enough shit to make it very insecure.
They barely add shit to AOSP, the apps you are mentioning are from CyanogenOS, which is literally dead and was never part of CyanogenMod/LineageOS
Everything else is a replacement for basic apps that Google dropped from AOSP
Pretty much all the code in CyanogenMod/LineageOS is to fix shit that Google breaks every time there's an major Android update
>They lack tons of features and improve literally nothing
This is why it's good, as close to AOSP with widespread compatibility and actual maintenance

Widespread compatibility is a dumb snipe hunt.

Use a modified stock rom. There's nothing more compatible than the original software. Just improve it by trimming off the fat.

Are you trying to advertise your shit iAutism account here? Why?

>just use this rom that the manufacturer abandoned and it's full of bugs and """"security"""" features that make adding anything to it a massive clusterfuck
heh
Worst of it, manufacturers go as far as modifying ART making anything even more of a clusterfuck

lineage is garbage

>install build from 25th on OP3
>setup wizard is Lineage-themed

>install build from 31st
>setup wizard is same as OP3 stock
>alert slider doesn't work

>reinstall build from 25th
>setup wizard is same as OP3 stock now
>alert slider STILL doesn't work

don't waste your time with it

Anyone know what the most stable rom is for an S3 att, where the camera doesn't shit out? Currently have cm12.1 installed and it feels incredibly clunky. 11 was what I had before and when I tried to flash it again with 11, things were bugging out. I just want something fast and stable.

>just fast & stable
>just

You must've chosen to wrong gapps.

It's not like you can't uninstall system apps.

the latest nightly build is nougat

I used cyanogenmod on a galaxy s3 mini, a galaxy note 4, and a oneplus 3 and gps worked like shit in all cases.

it's up to every idiot to find a stable from the whole mix

Holy shit, OP is garbage.

>Attempts flashing a ROM
>Literally means clicking a button and wait
>Still manages to FUCK SHIT UP
>????
>PROFIT!!

Funny, I just recently switched from Santhosh's unofficial CM13 build to the last CM13 snapshot on my RN3P and I am experiencing bugs with the display turning on and off, flashing in strange colours and problems with the fingerprint data corrupting, meaning I have to re-add my fingerprints. I didn't have any of those problems with the pajeet ROM. The only problem this ROM had was the digitizer stopped working sometimes, requiring a reboot.

Seems like you don't know what the fuck you are doing.