Dan Cases

>Dan Cases
>Smaller than the M1
>One of the smallest, fully-equipped cases
>Get hyped when they're actually on sale
>$350
>For a case that uses even less materials for a case twice its size and half its price

so you hate them because you can't afford them?
>less material could not be more expensive
>what is R&D?
>how production works?

Literally a steel/aluminum box

>no support for 240mm radiator
What is even the point? If you're gonna spend a shit ton on the computer, why even consider this? You cant even OC your weak ass CPU because it'll fucking explode from the heat.

>Using CLC watercooling

You're the cancer that's ruining every modern case design.

>implying you can fit a custom loop when even a closed loop won't fit
Just end yourself

Chinese knockoff when?

Oc is worthless

It's the PCIE riser that accounts for a lot of the extra cost. It's something like $70 alone.

Those cases are literal memes.

If you want a good case for a large amount of money, get an NZXT Manta. It's literally the best ITX case you can get. If you want expansion. Spending $180+ on a meme case with no expansion is a bad idea. Do you live in a closet? Probably not. Do you travel a lot? The Manta is still smol enough.

>$350 for shitty case

>Buying an ATX sized ITX case
You're literally cucking yourself out of expansion options and paying more for that privilege just so you can have an aesthetic case.

>NZXT Manta

Wew that case is fucking ugly.

Imho the Ncase is the best itx case you can get. It supports watercooling and the largest of cards.

But if that is to expensive for you then the phanteks enthoo evolv is also a great choice. And half the money of the manta.

That's the point of buying an expensive case lad. Is that it gives you expansion options. The Manta is literally smaller than the Nano S in terms of dimensions.

I've seen one in real life lad, it's a lot smaller than you think.

It's a good case if you need to travel or carry it around a lot. It lacks cooling options. It only supports 120mm fans on the sides and bottom, who the heck cools that way? It's also only good if you watercool and overclock, which I don't do at all.

It's a niche case. I get it, all ITX cases are niche, but it literally only serves a purpose for portability. Doesn't matter how big the ITX case, I build ITX because I want it on my desk and even with the biggest ITX cases I have plenty of desk room.

There's no point in spending over $180 on a case that is slightly smaller with little expansion.

I ordered one. It says it processing on the site I got it from. No fucking clue when I'll get it. Hoping soon seeing as all my other specs are coming in the next couple of weeks. I have my doubts though. We'll see.

Just get a Caselabs BH2 if you want to spend an absorbent amount on a meme case.

>Better build quality
>More expansion options
>Much better cable management
>Actual aircooling options

The only downside is the front of the case, they should've made it 140mm instead of 120mm fans and should've added a solid piece instead of the ugly mesh front. Other than that the gunmetal color they have is beautiful.

It's good for air cooling too if you don't OC too heavily. i7 6800k at 3.8 ghz easy

>NZXT Manta dimensions: 245mm x 426mm x 450mm
>NZXT S340 dimensions: 200mm x 445mm x 432mm

>3.8

How disappointing, have you tried going any higher? Might just grab the Ncase then so I can fit a larger cooler on it.

Does anyone actually like brushed metal? This looks cheap as hell. The same goes for laptops.

I'd take brushed over polished any day. Less obvious fingerprints and smudges.

Nah, narrow ILM lga 2011 has like 1 compatible cooler which isn't a jet engine and its still pretty tiny. I prolly could've done 4.0 but I didn't need any more at that time

With a water cooler 4.5ghz @ 1.4v works comfortably

With a footprint of 245mm x 450mm, the NZXT manta takes up as much footprint as an average ATX case. You can put an ATX case on your table and it's just taller. So your argument about putting it on your table makes zero sense. How are you benefiting from a NZXT Manta over other ATX cases? Portability on the other hand is a real concern for people who needs it.

Bitfenix prodigy in ALU when?

Just curious because I've only built two desktops and have no real need to build another, but do people seriously travel with their desktops?

Like I assume you mean traveling like moving not taking your tower on vacation with you?

Still smaller where it counts lad

I have a BitFenix Prodigy and it takes up minimal space on my desk. The Manta is slightly larger and thinner than the Prodigy.

People use ITX for LAN and other stuff.

These people buy "portable" desktop cases because they swear they're gonna go to LAN parties with their adult friends, but then they don't because LAN parties are for teenagers. Nobody who buys a portable case takes it anywhere, they just dream about doing so.

>an absorbent amount

Please, user. Learn the big words before you try using them.

I'm doing a mitx build just for the uniqueness and different experience than an ATX build which I've done before. I don't expect to travel with it much at all, but it's nice to know i have the option of it being easier to transport for any sort of vacations

Silverstone makes pretty ITX cases

why is Sup Forums so hostile towards mitx cases?

I do travel a lot between 3 cities and I take mine in my backpack
not to mention it looks much better everywhere and consumes less power

>2000+17
>not hating everything by default

Traveling is an unimaginable activity for Sup Forums. It doesn't help that having autism causes people to not be able to imagine situations outside of their daily routines.

Oh no, I mean exorbitant and put that instead.

Guess my argument is completely ruined now!

literal meme

Few people in here calling this case a "meme". I ask, what's a good case that's AROUND THE SAME SIZE if not smaller that can also support a full sized GPU? Not being sarcastic. Generally asking.

>have to google the manta
>It looks like someone has a serious inflation fetish

It's a meme because you're paying twice the money for something slightly smaller than a Define S Nano

Thats so bulky in comparison

My question for this case is why do you need a full size GPU, unless you're getting a 1080? It only really works with reference cards too.

You can get something like this which is smaller for less and works with a mITX 1070.

I am getting a 1080. It'll be here tomorrow. Along with a 7700k. I'm excited. Was counting on being able to order the A4-SFX but it looks like it won't be anytime soon. Need a fallback. I have an SFX-L PSU on the way too.

Did you go reference? I'd just say get a Ncase, that way you can actually get some OC headroom with the 7700k over the A4

I use this for my NAS, costs just $35

EVGA GTX 1080 FTW

These SFF cases are pretty bad with non-ref cards.

M8 that's like saying Emma Watson is slightly skinnier than Rosie O'Donnell

1080 ftw ncase owner here. Temps are fine if you liquid cool the cpu(running my [email protected]) as the gpu would otherwise feed an air cooler hot air. Big note though, the 1080 ftw won't fit on it's own. You'll need to buy 2 90degree 8 pin pcie extensions, otherwise you won't be able to close the side panel

Thinking of going for this case over the A4

Does this thing come with its own PSU? For $200 it fucking better...

>i7-6700
>16gb ram
>256gb SSD
>GTX1070 Desktop Edition 8GB
>$1000

Question is there anyway I can build the same thing for cheaper and around the same size as an iPad mini?

Nope. The reason these cases cost what they do has to with 1.) low volume production that can't take advantage of die stamping to bring down costs, and 2.) higher labor costs, since they are mostly made outside of China (Taiwan for the A4, Poland for the Sentry).

>next gen processor has a die shrink
>waah why am I paying more for less silicon
There's more to a price than cost of material.

No. Silverstone SG13 is probably closest thing I can think off where you don't sacrifice temperatures and oc headroom for lower case volume. It accepts regular ATX psus, full length GPUs and has room for 140mm AIO liquid cpu coolers.

>R&d a consumer case

>£50
>itx
>6x 3.5" bays and space for 4x 2.5" ssds
>300mm gpu support and atx power supply support