Do you still use Microsoft Office on Windows? If so, what version? If not, what is your alternative of choice?

Do you still use Microsoft Office on Windows? If so, what version? If not, what is your alternative of choice?

The latest inside a VM without internet access. Fucking thing phones home more than Windows 10, Chrome and E.T. combined

Office 2000-2003 is what I put on Windows if I happen to be installing it for someone. No activation shit (at least office 2003 VL). Sane UI. And some basic .docx/.xlsx/.pptx support via the Office 2007 Compatibility pack (which works with Office 2000-2k3, but you need all the service packs.) There was a torrent I found on TPB with Office 2000 + all the updates with a convenient bat file to install all of them.

google docs only because it does everything I need it to do and I am constantly on different computers I like picking up exactly where I left off.

bought it in college/too lazy to buy a new edition

Windows 10 and office 365 (paid by my college)

Windows 7 and Office 365 because university provides it free.

I got office 2010 free (and printer, and crappy laptop I don't use) because I qualified for DSA (Disabled student allowance).

So instead of money they give you hardware? Weird.

Anyway, how's Office 2010 compared to the earlier versions?

I have to. I have to share stuff with others almost every day. No, I won't become a Televangelist to convert them to LaTeX for you.

>convert them to LaTeX for you
That's an unreasonable request. Requesting that you "print" a document to a PDF file would be reasonable.

i thought all the cool kids had moved to google docs for group assignments

I deal with a lot of lawyers and other such menial jobs that want their documents to be fast-out fast-in and good-enough.

The notion that everyone is either typing notes in notepad.exe or writing Scientific Papers for NASA is stupid.

Office 2010. Alt: LibreOffice.
MS Office 2013 and 2016 are botnets and have shit font rendering.

This

Is that Office 2010 in the screenshot? I thought its menus were in all caps.

why does aero feel so comfy on my eyes?

Yes, 2010. Only 2013 has them in caps afaik.

Familiarity breeds comfort, especially at young age. If you grew up with System 6, it would be the same for you.

Office 2016

I get Office 365 from school.

I hate it. On Mac it's buggy with older features on documents.

It also phones home ONCE. A. WEEK.

Just to check up on me having a valid sub. But older versions of office are buggy on Sierra.

So here I am.

I don't even use windows, but I usually install WPS.

(((emacs)))

Word 97

I've always had a better overall experience with LibreOffice, except for Impress, which sucks major ass and is borderline unusable unless you want to make a blank b&w text-only presentation with the default font settings.

Dat 256-color graphic. Hard to believe it's been 20 years already.

It's 16 colors. Moreover, just like pic related, it's the standard, stock 16-color Windows 3.x+ palette. It's impressive what some did with it.

2013, to lazy to install a newer one

That looks so nice

If it isnt as flexible and capable as InDesign, yet also easier to use, its well behind the curve of where it should be.

> current year, just making things basically the same as they always was
> not incorporating every awesome thing anyone else ever thought of
> and making it easy enough for a pleb to use

> LibreOffice
They havent fixed Tables support to reflect the functionality in ms office or indesign yet, its a pain in the ass to adjust columns

im not even using it until they fix this, I tend to put a shit ton of tables in the things I make

> also im not creating an anchored frame just to plop my table on the left or right side of the document and have the text flow around it . . . I shouldnt have to do 2 or 3 other things just to make the table do this.

> and it still fucking moves around unexpectedly

> and table stuff can even make libreoffice crash and corrupt the document too

and if im not, wordpad is usually good enough (or dare I say, photoshop text layers)

this gets me so fucking mad you wouldn't believe it

...insert a column... it suddenly ADJUSTS all the other fucking columns that I tediously sized to perfection, because the table is defined first and foremost based on its overall width (not as a function of the sum of its column widths)

So then I have to go and re-do all of the widths of the columns.

I wish I could kill whoever made OpenOffice and LibreOffice.

This is the reason why I even bother using Word2007.

But really it isnt even good enough, I have to resort to using a pirated InDesign which runs uber fucking slow on my computer.

I had to google an example of their unforgiveable tables system because I dont even have OpenOffice or LibreOffice *Installed*

Also I tend to use Kingsoft Office for any of my other word/excel needs. Its a little backwards but it does about the same job as 2000/2003.

As least they dont fuck up the goddamn TABLES.