What's your trick to stay productive?

What's your trick to stay productive?

Actually give a shit about what I'm working on.

Music
Makes me wanna get up and do shit

Drive and obsession for reaching a goal. That comes when you work on something you like and enjoy. Most people tend to follow lucrative trends in programming instead of following their own path. This applies to all fields in general.

Add Sup Forums to the hosts file

Redefine productivity in such a way that you are productive

I don't think thats working for you

I wait until the stars align
I do my best programming work when Mercury is in the 6th house

uhm, money? lots of money?
some people on this board do have jobs, you know

making post on Sup Forums

Listen to white noise or like fire cracking. That helps me not think about doing anything else beyond what I'm working on. Also block sites that distract me
This helps
This hurts

Eggs or oatmeal every morning

>Eggs
Ew

Down with the vegan agenda

Kys cuck

>white noise
never really considered this while working. i did, however, notice that I can work better at different kind of music genres (classical vs rock). gonna try it out tomorrow

a lovers support

wait, what? do you not eat eggs or something?

Physically write a list of the things I want to accomplish in a given day. To start just put a couple of things that will only take 10-20 minutes tops.

In the beginning it's more important to build the habit of doing something rather than actually accomplishing something major. After the first month you can slowly add more stuff or increase the amount of time you work on the thing.

The only thing that actually makes me work is a close deadline. I won't start working if it isn't under a week until exodus.

>consuming the dead decaying bodies of plants
>not weird

Ew, sunlight and water is all you need to survive.

I use a productivity app on my phone, and it times me for 25 minutes, with a five minute break. Then it asks if I want to do another 25 minutes work session. It also awards achievements for work time.

there isn't one but if you're really having trouble consider drugs

He didn't say it resolves to localhost

Abortions are ok though

Definitely don't listen to ambient music while working on something important. Ambient music is great, but not for that situation.

I listen to ocean noises while I read and do homework.

open your terminal and type this:

sudo echo "0.0.0.0 boards.Sup Forums.com" >> /etc/hosts

Done.

I guess nature recordings are all right.

I have a 250 word essay on greenhouse gas emissons due tomorrow, and I can't stop compiling packages!

Having a boss is a good trick to stay productive.

a technologically illiterate boss that threatens to fire you because he thinks you're doing nothing helps even more

I just leave nothing to distract me

Being at work.

live like you died yesterday

in other words, face your regret and let it light a fire under your ass

Ketamine

I enjoy eating food and masturbating. wat do.

That won't work.

I have no regrets.

Force yourself until it becomes habit.

you have to eat them all

Find one thing that I'm REALLY supposed to do and keep it in front me at all times and it will motivate me to do literally everything else but that
Sounds fucking stupid but it works

Also stimulants

>not falling for the modaffy meme

wdf 250 words.. what is that like one small paragraph?

Don't waste time

Get out of the house.

It's a great dividing line between work and play, because I can't browse sadpanda or Sup Forums in public without looking like a tool. also helps too since I'm a horrible procrastinator.

Also, reasonable sleep schedules helps, since I'm up at 5 AM and I can't go to sleep.

12 hour energy

Stims

fuck

To fap WHILE I work.

> asking to 4chaners how to be productive
best j0ke ever!

Jesus christ, vegans are retarded.

>Having a boss is a good trick to stay productive.
This is unironically true.
A good boss is like a sports coach, prompts you to keep pushing.

I have a very busy boss and I work from home. Some weeks he forgets to Skype at all and I get much less done in those days.

>mfw you'll never see a vegan chick this healthy

Two things:

* Regular routine even when I don't need to wake up for something. Get up at a sensible time in the morning and go to bed at a sensible time. It's amazing how much of your day this gives you and how much energy you have when you sleep properly.
* Firefox addon called Leechblock which locks websites after a preset time. I have Sup Forums go inactive after 10 mins every hour so I don't accidentally fuck around too long.

Edit: When I say get up at a sensible time, I mean actually get up, shower, get dressed, make your bed - not just wake up at 9 AM and watch youtube in bed until midday.

I've been working a software engineering job for 6 years where I don't really feel much motivation, and I kind of want to start my own company, but too scared to take the first step. It's been like this for the last 3 years...

adderall

underrated post

Use gentoo

i can't, i am looking to find some good answers here.

>drinking infected with micro-organisms and all sorts of minerals H2O
>soaking all of that radiation fucking up your cells
Do you even breathe bro?

Amphetamines

having a reward for getting things done really helps, be it external or related to the thing itself

Never doing anything productive

posting on Sup Forums

I went from a well-paid developer at one of the Big 4 to a freelancer.

I do not make nearly as much money, but knowing that I can control every aspect of my life is worth it to me. I want to make good money? I will take on a 80 hour job this week. I want to chill out? I will not work or take a small job of 10 or 15 hours. Working for some asshole 50 weeks out of the year sucks.

It depends on the person. Some people work best in silence, some people like having something to listen to so it lowers the chances of them getting lost in their own thoughts and get sidetracked.

Try eating other good tasting food that's healthy and switch to fucking instead of masturbating

There's only one right answer, OP.

I fap before I work

uhm like okay? uhmmm lol oooohkay?

Drugs.

Having a life purpose

Correct. I know a lot of people who simply can't listen to music while studying.

This one is kind of funny, like who were the unlucky bastards that tried eating raw nettles or the wrong berries?

"Why are you doing this...?"

actually legit shit.

when i was on ice (methamphetamine), i was super productive (programming)

- but i didn't do much of it, in fear of getting addicted, and it was expensive

Is there some kind of music program that'll play two songs at once? I want to overlay different white noise tracks with trance music.

>The NWO hates him
>Free thinkers have discovered a revolutionary way to block the globalists agenda

Any legal stimulants?

coffee.
really strong coffee works great. protip: find a vietnamese shop and buy your coffee there

modafinil master race

Use GNU/linux. You won't be able to do anything else than coding anyways

I use pavlovian triggers. I have this aromatherapy oil that only use right before I need to get stuff done. Every time i smell it I think "time to get to work" and then get to work. It's high john oil so I don't risk smelling it elsewhere.

Adderall is best erall

Leechblock all garbage mindless browsing sites (youtube Sup Forums, etc)
Meditate 20 minutes every morning.

Set a timer for 4-6 hours, and don't do anything but solid work during this time. During this time, there is only work. Nothing else.

Proper sleep, healthy diet, exercise, taking breaks when my brain starts to slow down, and lots of nicotine.

>sudo echo "0.0.0.0 boards.Sup Forums.com" >> /etc/hosts
Is not Sup Forums.org?

>implying you can leave

what point are you trying to make, when you not sick af you work? you take these even tho you don't shoot gear for some effect? better off with pure bupe or fent

What drives the boss though? Why can't it drive you?

>breathing
>inserting O2, the very element that is the prime reason your cells decay, into your organism

truly superior organisms are self sufficient

His boss.

>arch with minimal kernel on ssd for fast boot
>i3 with rice I spent ten hours creating
>Emacs and 120 key keyboard with a row of macros
>Triple monitors, all 4K

Lots of dota

t. tranny cuck

I only do what I like. I have enough money to live a few month without working and don't put it on my cv is I didn't stay long enough

This. It is hard but the most effective path

poverty and hunger