Old /BST/ thread was near death. Here's a new one. Share and rate your battlestations

Old /BST/ thread was near death. Here's a new one. Share and rate your battlestations.

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/SgwYa5T
osvr.github.io/compatibility/
head-fi.org/a/glossary-of-terms
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

fURST!
Love it 7.5/10

Please put bst in the subject so I can filter this

it is

It is not.

Sage
Old thread is only at 200 posts you incredible scarablord.

Early for once. R8 and h8.

First time posting r8

When will the LED meme die?

LED lights are great for dimming to just the right light but all the neon stuff is just too much

Still digging the keycaps. Hope I can buy that setand get it to work with the TADA68 I ordered once it arrives.

This looks so comfy. Love the CRTs and the lighting.

I like the monitor stack. That mousepad looks tiny though. Why not just use the mat under it?

Also, Asuka best girl (after Misato).

Looks a too sterile. Don't really like the peripherals, shitty Rainmeter skins and glossy desk. Looks pretty clean though.

Also first time posting here, I go to lan partys alot, is there a water cooler stable enough to survive constant movement by car? anyone have guides for making a car better for moving PCs?

Yeah, the keycaps worked out better than expected. Do wish they had some cheap spherical SA or DSA sets on there though. I'd really like some more retro-looking keycaps.

>Do wish they had some cheap spherical SA or DSA sets on there though
Same.
There are a couple of supposedly PBT DSA cap sets on AliExpress, but they're almost $40, and I'm not sure I want to pay that much for keycaps when they don't have any brand names or reviews.

I'll show it some love, because I remember /bst/ from 2012 and trying to show off my station.

I'd suggest a couple things.
>Purchase a better case
Your cables/airflow will thank you. Also it looks better aesthetically.
>Purchase new CPU cooler
Intel stock is decent, you said you're looking at water-cooling? Just get a Corsair H60 or something.
>16GB
meme

If you're a LAN can, you could look totally radical with (pic related)

Always glad to see this cute station.
X220? Whatcha use it for? OwO

Last thread was fun.

Get a better mouse/mousepad
>

boi is that stepmania

Im here early for a change

Is that Kirika from noir?

r8 n h8

Faggots
Fuckers

don't you have a "protest" to attend?

Nigga, what the fuck?

X200 Tablet. It's my main machine I bring to class (builtin Wacom + Xournal for notes) and dock at home with the monitor (1440p DP with the Ultrabase, when the screen's not connected to the PS4), keyboard, and mouse. The laptops below are headless file/web/torrent servers.

Soon to phase out some of the X200t's docked use with an iMac for the iOS SDK and a T400+eGPU for CUDA and VR. T400 will steal the monitor and peripherals.

Nope, Project DIVA Future Tone. The cutest rhythm game.

>oculus rift
sorry

OSVR actually.

I really liked this.

quiet...
new people always forget to post the discord
/bst/ Discord: discord.gg/SgwYa5T

well then, for development or rare nippon jems?

>Battle Station Thread

You mean validation from random people thread?

Berserk. A man after my own heart.

Development. Making anime real.

simwaifu dot kotori dot me

morning nerds

>Look at me guys I'm gay
>guys look how gay I am
>notice me Bruce Jenner
>guys please help my personality disorder
>guys?

-The Post

pls consider vive support senpai

a are you cute girl?

You can use the Vive HMD with the OSVR software.

And lots more hardware: osvr.github.io/compatibility/

christ, wont you just prove ur not gay yet?
also we have a trap section in the /bst/ discord: discord.gg/SgwYa5T
dont be fucking retarded

no im a boy.

girls are not cute
>bst discord
>trap section
that sounds fucking cancerous. why would you do that?

i felt like it
and it also brought all the people who dressed up as female to that discord thus causing the user count to rise

what the fuck is the point of a bst discord
the threads are bad enough already, a discord server sounds awful

>evga power supply

You're so gay you can't even build a computer correctly

>a discord server sounds awful
It is

oh sorry i didn't pink your favourite brand power supply, pajeet.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

then why are you doing it

>pink
i really am too gay to type properly

Your parents probably killed themselves when they found out how much of a faggot you are. Burn in hell you degenerate fuck

why not?
at the time i created it i was extremely drunk and thought it was a good idea
it still has a small amount of people that use it
and they seem to be happy with it so ive kept it around

>favourite
Favorite

And, no, you picked a stupid brand.

TOPKEK

o boy u sure got me
>why not
because bst people are autistic
i picked a competitively priced brand with good reviews and feedback. please explain what the problem here is.
it hasn't blown up yet so i'm not really regretting my purchase.

always best in thread

The difference between your stay height and the table top make a convincing argument for you hiring a chiropractor.

Meme/10

What light is that? Also >mousepad on top of mousepad.

You fell for the memes, but that's not a bad thing, necessarily. A good setup.

Why do only some of the keys glow?

Please don't tell me that's all dead skin making that faded white on your mousepad?
Also jostling would never damage a water-cooler. They are kind of designed to have the water inside of them constantly moving for thousands of hours.

Please simplify this godam image so we know what to look at. And the blue makes it feel like a 1990's MIT test website.

>Speakers from 2001.
A better choice than all the meme speakers.

>Random anime figs.
While I'm glad to see you're not all in, why have those? The jet fighter leg girl seems a bit out of place.

I like that desk. Seems like it would be a bit far to the monitor and keyboard though. >also meme chair maximum.

>Meme chair.
>Setup is different for the sake of being different.
Not blaming you.

What am I looking at. :Y

kinda kawaii

Certainly not a part of my room

Until now I didnt care about cable management. But I bought new desk few day ago and now I feel its right time to get rid of messy cables all over desk.
What can you recommend me to do or use?
I'm thinking about zip ties and shit. Can you post some cable management u did?

Comfy 50s vibe. 10/10

Seems cramped and depresse, except for the light pink case and the fairy lights. Why would one need four pictures of that? 2/10

>pc on flimsy bathroom shelf
>eau de toilette on desk
>banged up cabinet
>mousepad on mousepad
Kind of a weird mix, but looks alright. What do you use the stacked screens for?

Clean and minimalistic, 10/10

default 10/10 because comfyness is through the roof

>don't you have a "protest" to attend?
Is this meta trolling or legit newfriend?

Aesthetic

this actually looks much better, than this :-/

Since someone asked in the last thread, my screen is a Hisense H43MEC3050

Afternoon Sup Forums How's y'all doing?

Always a pleasure seeing this.
Is that a new picture?

Why would I h8 on this? I think it looks lovely.
Not fond of the mousepad or the batman shit on the PC case but otherwise it's really nice.

Nice and clean.
Don't like the peripherals.
Kill the Rainmeter.

I see you have some new pictures. They look lovely my friend.

Cramped uni life?
Is that a Pok3r III?

Straighten ur shit.
Functional but not pretty.
Which model of TP is that? X220?

Looking lovely.

How are you doing standingdeskbro?
I know you got that 19" screen, it's 768 right?
I was looking into smaller screens and Lenovo do a nice 16:10 one (1440:900) that I have been considering.

Is that an Mx Master by the way? I've never really taken notice of your peripherals until now.

I still love that little dell. Still don't like your keyboard.

>I still love that little dell.
The little dell is actually just for data recovery from failed hard drives. Got an XPS 15 for actual shitposting.
>Still don't like your keyboard.
Recommendations?

Need a budget and a general idea of your needs for a keyboard.

If you want a 60% then Vortex Pok3r III is a solid bet.
tT eSports Poseidon Z is a decent fullsize backlit mech one.

Morning fellow Europeans

>inb4 macfag

I have two packages on the way for my project.
The bigger one arrived in less than 20hours across the country.
The much smaller one hasn't even been shipped yet.

still very much a WIP, just got this new desk, waiting to get rid of the old one before i clean up my audio setup,

I'm untidy.
Finished building the desk and PC about a month ago.

What is your project friend?

I'm raising my speakers about 15-20cm.

Might look a bit cheesy but I'd rather try it on this desk which is getting scratched up than a new nice desk.

Any advice on non meme keyboards and monitors

>look how gay i am
>hey guys hahahahaha im gay
>xddddd muh leggings seducing u amirite lel
>autism

Wow!

>memeboard
>razer

it's like pottery

Fair enough man.
Speakers scratch your desk?

>Sun Microsystems
Muh nigga

Non-meme keyboards?
HHKB
That cheap ergonomic microsoft one
Anything IBM

Proven to improve programming skills my 1337%

R8 me faggots

meme/memes

>shit audio
>rokit
A thousand times worse than any macfaggotry.

Booze and receiver on the table is so 2016...

>Need a budget and a general idea of your needs for a keyboard.
200yurodollars, numblock, volume control button
The thing is, I wasn't really looking for a new keyboard, since I've only had this one for a year now and was just getting started with the SDK after being busy with other projects. I merely thought you had something in mind already, that you didn't outright suggest.

>If you want a 60% then Vortex Pok3r III is a solid bet.
Looks like a smaller version of what I already have. Cute, but I don't see the benefit of switching?
>tT eSports Poseidon Z
Really now? This looks like a plastic piece of shit.
>dat logo
>it's on there twice
Just ... no.

When can I be you? 10/10

Wait, I thought not having any Razer stuff was the meme, since it's on the Sup Forums bingo!? Anyway, I know it's tacky, I'm just a huge sucker for colorful brothel lighting, since it's really comfy at night.

>it's like pottery
George Lucas?

Needs more peat and less glossy tabletop. 9/10

>bingo
The same bingo suggests you should have a fucking queen size bed even if you are a kissless foreveralone virgin, because single beds are a meme.

What are you trying to convey here?

That anything on that piece of shit bingo picture is irrelevant?

Holy fuck, just buy a new bed m8.

It is new, had it for less than 2 years.

god i fucking hate anime. inb4 leave Sup Forums, yeah i want to but i cant stop coming here everyday

Not new enough. People get their beds changed every 6 months.

(Y)(O)(U)

I think you confuse beds with bedding. That's what NEETs change every 6 months. I change those every 2 weeks.

What would you suggest? Some SMSL or Micca chink garbage?

No, I would suggest audio equipment that is meant for actual music enjoyment, not music production.

this faggot again

Studio equipment is totally unsuitable for music listening! Monitor speakers are meant to prepare a raw, neutral sound sample for playback devices that are completely different in sound characteristics.

If you are too retarded to grasp the concept why neutral, linear sound is shit for listening, just consider, how many (semi-)professional photos you see published, that haven't been put through any post-processing. Not even amateur photographers publish their pictures anymore exactly as they shot it, because fucking around with filters and color balance generally improves the aesthetics of just about any image. The same thing happens with the sound, when you actually play it through speakers meant for music enjoyment, rather than music production, it's just more appealing to listen to.

0/10 analogy
now please fuck off back to r/headphones

>Keyboard
Are you 12?

>muh dick

People like you disgust me, you are robbing music of its soul, and the icing on the cake is, that most of you use your monitors as computer speakers, where in most cases you'll hear compressed, lossy sound, that is overly emphasized through analytic speakers, KEK!

Enjoy your analytic, linear, nondescript sounding shit pair of speakers, I'll stay with ones creating soft, silky highs, and dynamic, lively bass.

>0/10 analogy
Then explain why people call sound that is nudged in any particular direction "colored", and the result "coloration".

head-fi.org/a/glossary-of-terms

Color is visual. The analogy is spot on, and you know it, you are just unwilling to admit, that you fell for a meme and fucked up.

music is already produced and mixed the same way photographs are edited, this is happening on the content creators' side
using innacurate equipment to reproduce the media on the consumer side is totally independent from that

I said I didn't like your keyboard my friend. It's personal taste really seeing as they're all Cherry switches. I have a 60% with fag miami caps for example.

The tT e-sports Poseidon Z was a suggestion for if you were on a budget and wanted LEDs and shit.
The keyboard itself is actually decent quality.

Maybe look at the G.Skill Ripjaws?