Needless.

F L O E N S
L
O
E
N
S

This thread shows it is obviously not.

People having plenty of RAM is no excuse for shit developers not to make their apps memory efficient.

Not him but If the faggot fixes his app I might actually consider donating a dollar or maybe even two.

user could have 64 gb of ram and still bitch. It's called autism

>tfw you use a dedicated app for something a browser does.
I'm building a second app to answer captchas. Let me know if you are interested
Also :^)

What phone do you have? Mine has half that.

Op3

Just Greenify it. It's my go-to solution for poorly designed/coded apps of all sorts. Can't fuck with my shit when it's force stopped.

>might actually consider

You just want your fix; you won't give a dime.

TFW you are OP3 master race.

>Greenifying an app implies that you are aware that all the background functionality (service, periodic task, event receiver, alarm, widget update, push message) of this app will become out of service during the hibernation except when you are using this app.
How will I notice when I get my (You)s if it disables notifications? It sounds just like Android built-in shit that randomly unloads apps from memory.

>expecting applications running ontop of the JVM to be memory efficent

l0l

You're supposed to have root and xposed, silly.

Whenever I'm several replies deep in the reply window, sometimes hitting the close button will instead take me back one reply level and I have to hit close again to actually get out of it. Anyone else have this issue? On v2.2.0.

How would that change anything?

Greenify with root and xposed allows you to greenify apps, but still receive push notifications and even SMS.

That sounds a lot better. I'll give it a try then, thanks.

>Ram usage
>Java
I don't recall Sup Forums being this fucking retarded.
Fucking gen z faggots

This. Making Android apps be written in Java was a mistake.

eat shit and die grandpa

32MB here...

>cached background process

Anybody get slow image loading times ever for images under 500kb? I do and it's annoying as fuck, I'm on a 100 Mbps connection too. I emailed floens about it, hope he can do something about it.

Independent of the app it's the same reading.
It's not about the speed of your connection but the new "is2" server.

Install dashchan

>same reading
>200% difference

> needing an app to browse Sup Forums

just use your phones browser wtf

Sup Forums mobile is absolutely haram

what memory leak?

are you sure the memory usage isn't legitimate or is it not freeing memory?

It's 26 MB when I open it but then after just a few hours it's up to 152 MB. Tell me how that isn't a memory leak.

Dynamically allocating memory as an application runs isn't automatically a leak you filthy whore. Why are phoneposters so fucking dumb?

>hurr durr le phoneposter maymay xD
Stop eating my RAM, you fat fuck.

i mean it's pretty common for java applications to build up big ass heaps.

can you try and force a garbage collection run and see what happens?

>program uses more memory after I use it for a while, lol must be leaking, better start crying to the devs :DDD

You're exactly what everyone is thinking of when we mock phone users for being the tech illiterate backwash of this board.

Top bait

Lainoos y u do dis?

>memory efficient app
>android
Choose one. Also not everyone is able to chase down memory leaks, which can also be from an external library you got from github, or on some devices only.

t. android dev

Idk whacha talking about

this to be honest

>memory leak
>Java

ITT: Dumbfucking phoneposters

Make your own damn viewer if you don't like it.

Why don't you do it yourself you ungrateful piece of shit?
It is open source, git clone the repo, find those memory leaks and submit a patch.
All in all clover works great and makes browsing Sup Forums from mobile much much better than when browsing via mobile browser.

tldr; kill yourself

> needing an app to browse Sup Forums
>just use your phones browser wtf
But it's comfier in an app

Stop shilling your trash.

Well im gonna take advantage of this topic and ask , is there any way to save my Moto X 2013? Its not rooted, its stock and its starting to be a slow shit that i cant bear anymore.

Same here. Fucking love it

>TFW android
>Buy phone with 256MB ram
>System uses 150MB
>Buy phone with 1GB ram
>600MB used by system
>Buy 4GB phone
>2GB free, system uses 2GB minimum
>Rebuild rom for a phone with 256MB ram
>Dump onto old phone
>128MB system usage, 128MB free
FUCKING ANDROID STOP IT I WANNA RUN A CHROOT REEEEEEEE

>not running multiple VMs through your phone

You're kidding me, right?

dynatrace.com/resources/ebooks/javabook/memory-leaks/
plumbr.eu/blog/memory-leaks/how-to-create-a-memory-leak

I have recently detected a memory leak on the software webcamstudio. I cannot replicate it no matter what, and it occasionally does not happen, by change.

I don't give a shit about dumb phoneposters but here is something you should know.

A competend JVM cannot have "Memory Leaks". Clover is apparently written in Java. It's probably not a memory leak, unless your florens is a POS programmer.

I'm out.

52MB here

It's the only app I use...

>run windows on 8gb ram
>1.5gb used at idle with nothing but the OS running
>same computer but with one 2gb stick removed so only 6gb ram
>800mb used at idle

RAM works different on windows you fucking doofus. Windows will keep all your programs that are running in the ram no matter what, even if it runs out, it will use your slow hard disk/ssd. Android needs to have its ram more than 60-70% full, so that the cpu doesn't have to keep refreshing the app and waste battery life and time.

Am I doing this right

>Android needs to have its ram more than 60-70% full
>so that the cpu doesn't have to keep refreshing the app and waste battery life and time.
What in the love of fuck are you trying to say?

>t. butthurt iPhone user

Mine very rarely goes past 90 MB. It's usually on the low 80s

Op3t here

How? Can you post screenshot of settings necessary for this?

why don't you fix it yourself if you care that much?

Think about it. Why are the "Ram cleaner" or "Task killer" apps doing more harm than good? Because that's how the android works. Apps are meant to keep in ram, not have 90% of it free. The cpu needs to keep refreshing and reloading all the elements of the app, thus wasting battery, if the app is always closed like we do in windows, but if it is kept in ram the cpu only needs to load it from there, which is more efficient and doesn't waste resources to reload it again. My explanation is shitty, I know
makeuseof.com/tag/ram-boosters-task-killers-bad-android/ this is better

>java
>memory leaks
top heh

DashChan uses around 50mb, 2gb RAM phone here.

DashChan

Don't have a rooted phone so no adblock

48mb here

Not me but some anons said that DNS66 on F-Droid is pretty good for blocking ads, and it didn't require root

>not using Overchan

Does it have catalog view?

y'all niggas trippin

I use Android and never felt urge of use of special application.

Same here.
Absolutely fucking love it

>what image caching
Kill yourself retard OP

Use Firefox, it supports uBlock Origin on Android.

Is Floens here? We need an option to let transparent PNGs use a background. Can't ever see anything on dark theme. Pretty please.

Doesn't it only work for GCM (aka Google Services) notifications? Is it how Clover receives notifications?

This

Nice, I didn't know they made the website to send notifications. How do I enable them? Also is there a dark theme?

???? Mine is using 44mb

t.jamal

android apps haven't ran on a jvm for years
they get turned into native code

No, please, make Clover even more shit. Make it lag like hell, leak RAM all over the place and crash constantly.

Fuck phoneposters.

Should I get the 3T? I see absolutely no downside. Have a galaxy S5 rn been using since release (3 yrs almost) and it's utter shit now. I'm only worried about new phones releasing soon and if they'll have better to offer

Is that you, Bill Gates?

DUMB PHONE POSTERS

Literally why

The only things I hate about this phone are the no removable parts and no sd card.

That said, I find no fault with anything else. The software is top notch and so is the hardware. Its extremely easy to unlock the bootloader and there's tons of community support.

*Smartphone posters

This is bait isn't it?

I mean... in clover you're watching plenty of pictures and such with are loaded in ram first. Depending on your thread watchlist it could be far more than 152MB RAM.

Just saying

Sorry for hijacking the thread, but does anyone know the name of the good Sup Forums browser for Windows Mobile 10?

The mobile site is superior anyways.

Fuck off whore