ITT: Let's try to predict the next tech trend

ITT: Let's try to predict the next tech trend

Retro Gothic is the new and hip design trend.

rgb monitors / speakers

buying AMD hardware.

A trade war between the US and China!

Normies buying subscriptions to cloud services that do basically all computing for their computer so they don't have to buy a very expensive computer
Literally back to the mainframe days
Instead of buying a $500 laptop they'll buy a small $100 thin client and pay something like $50 a year to use this "cloud computing" shit

>Buy Windows because our """General AI""" can choose the perfect software and install it for you.
>Politicans openly saying they want to get rid of privacy
>Trump kills silicon valley

RGB [insert literally any piece of technology here]

Faggots will always eat that shit up, no matter what it is.

RGB RGB?

>Faggots will always eat that shit up, no matter what it is.
No, only gaymurs do. Apple fags are the normiest of normies and they still prefer minimalism over RGB shit.

I want a RGB CPU

Amputating the left pinkie and replacing it by some kind of tech-related permanent implant; i.e. Apple multi-dongle dock, USB drive, et cetera.

RGB power supply with fiberoptic sleeves

RGB SSD/HDD

Gamer sound card

Minimalism;
Devices produced for a specific purpose; none of this multi-purpose crap "I think I'm smart"phone mumbo jumbo confused nonsense

nah soundcards are basically ridiculed at this point

graphene processors
quantum home computers

>Stops immigrants taking jobs
>Foreign students still open to come, as well as scientists
>Poor businesses like Microsoft can no longer continue to provide such huge leaps into the future with their magnificently innovative technology such as a multiracial emoji touchbar
What a terrible world we live in

>>Stops immigrants taking jobs
They'll still take your job, they just won't live in America and contribute to the American economy. If Silicon Valley can't import cheap labor, they'll move to where the cheap labor is.

rgb thigh high socks

why is that bad? onlive was pretty good

In the next few year, I think the mobile and desktop realms are going to fuse. Portable devices will get so powerful, and basically are now, that they will pop their phones into a dock and home or work, and then a full fledged desktop OS will be running.

Canonical was already fiddling with this in 2015.

In other words, the most brilliant cash grab ever.

>Hey goy, aren't you tired of being a....consumerist!? Yeah, consumerist. Do you want to get back to the basics and magically be happier without all this new evil mumbo jumbo about having property and prosperity? Buy our overpriced single purpose devices and never feel like you're living in undeserved luxury again!
>oh boy, i'd love to
>oh no, i need to do something else, my needs changed, just like they always do, what shall I do now?
>Buy another device goyim!

>americans

It has been more cost effective to outsource for decades.

I'm sure they'll just pick up and move NOW.

>It has been more cost effective to outsource for decades.
For manual labor jobs.

>I'm sure they'll just pick up and move NOW.
Why not? The economic and political conditions are becoming unfavorable to them in the west. The third world is becoming more developed every day. India has it's own silicon valley because of that.

LLVM/clang++ kills rust and other hipster variants

>Trump keeps banning and banning practices and pulls out of international trade
>All trade deals negotiated on a nation-by-nation basis
>cuts spending using forced prison labor (slave workforce)
>liberals whine more
>communist music plays in the distance
>trump grows a mustache

Don't underestimate gaymers

You mean the lifeless masses that dwindle in numbers every day?

Gamers will be extinct by 2020. We're going to see "otaku" (secondaries) instead. Are you ready for phones that sell only because they come with promos for love live 3: a new hope: school idol crosswords?

Imagine being this out of touch with reality

4k 15" laptops

You'll see

ARM or otherwise power-optimized architectures replacing ancient ones.

It's going to happen to the laptop market, and it's going to be extremely painful, and intel will be kicking and screaming as they cease to be relevant in that market.

The glorious return of beige, and the turbo button which will instead toggle between stock and auto overclock.

If only. But gaymen is already entrenched in pop culture, I don't know if 3 years would do it. Contemporary pop culture is like the '70's disco, there will need to be a large enough counterculture to stamp out all that gaymen and EDM.

didn't the turbo button downclock it

Yeah.

You forgot to add electric boogaloo

>We're going to see "otaku" (secondaries) instead.
With less weebs, though.

But yeah, the future is about phones running P2W "games" with no gameplay where there are ads, angry dude with open mouth on the ad for the game and the ads contain words like
>build
>conquer
>loot

While the devastating plebification won't bother those who are too dead inside or just too plain boring to care about vidya, there are technology-related implications too:
No more market for powerful consumer GPUs and CPUs, instead phones only strong enough to stream movies and play those shitty "games", death of specialized hardware in the mainstream and general mediocrity in all things.

Notice how Apple laptops tend to have less and less hardware with every generation. This is the future - only components that are vital for the common pleb.
Oh and pointers more precise and cleaner than human fingers are going away too.

>10" phablets will have clips to attach to the belt
>15" phablets will have straps so you can wear them like satchels
>batteries will be worn on the back like pic, to get a days worth of life out of them

>muricah'

I'm old, what the hell is RGB? Apart from the colors.

>Apart from the colors.

nothing

Windows 10 ARM opening the path to really cheap MiniPCs and Laptops that will be cheaper than today's alternatives even by Uruguayan standards..

Rgb lights on devices

Hex

rgb buttplugs

The high end msi z270 motherboard actually does this. It has a knob to tell it how much OC you want to give it. Unfortunately there's really no way to have the button on the outside of the case.

LEDs are like four cents a piece, less if you just buy a zip bag of them, literally just solder them in.

LED implants will be the next bling blings.

FLAC

Nah. ARM already hit the wall. No point in new phones or tablets since the 801.

Except they are increasing in numbers. Also, do you really think weeb are a thing outside Sup Forums or Japan? Because it's not.

>laptop
>not 1366x768 14" or 15.6"
Really makes you think

>1366x768
laddo

>weeb are a thing outside Sup Forums or Japan
Have you seen the size of /r/anime or the facebook anime groups
Have you considered the number of people who buy CR subscriptions or Yen Press novels
Have you thought about the fact that a Japanese man living in Japan cannot, by definition, ever be a weeb?

OLED monitors, with no burn-in.

SOLAR
FREAKIN
TRAINTRACKS

No joke, and I know I will get shit...

VR in general hitting the main stream.

Everything from workplace VR to VR TV, etc. Workplace would cut down on space needed for work, just slip on a headset and you are in whatever environment you want. TV is obvious.

Games are in their Atari phase, not a lot of adopters, shit apps, but a promising future.

Troll away.

>tfw people will just choose to spend their whole life in a dreamworld instead of doing anything
It will be literally the matrix.

Nah.

Just like most people don't spend l day watching t.......

By god.

Hello Anita, still conning people with Patreon?

You know what I meant, Hikikomori included. And also, they aren't near as big as gamers communities.

You ever heard of a jeepney?

Sounds nice : )

even thinner cell phones
even bulkier cell phone cases

At some point, better VR gadgets which can be embedded in normal glasses.
There'll be new apps and web services for VR, which will be basically the same app boom as the one for smartphones and tables.

You're retarded. Have you not seen the sheer amount of people that attend anime conventions?

10 bucks on some sort of modular laptop system so you can build your own

>Murica at its finest everybody.

My diiick

There's people at work who get sick from back problems because their keyboard is 'too wide', at least according to the h&s officer. VR would be a minefield of shit for eyestrain and neck problems.
Maybe in a shitty young hip hoppening start-up company but not anywhere else.

What the fuck is this

Microsoft Windows running on Qualcomm smartphones so that you can control your windows xp cnc machines from your smartphone.

That's honestly so cool