Skylake/Kaby Lake worth jumping to or wait for Ryzen?

Skylake/Kaby Lake worth jumping to or wait for Ryzen?

Current CPU: i5 4460
also paired with a R9 390.

NZ prices so everything is a bit more epensive.

Other urls found in this thread:

downloadcenter.intel.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It would be stupid to not wait-and-see when it's this close.

upgrade now goy, enjoy your 10% improved performance

Jumped ship from 3570 to 6700k. Too many games were limiting my GPU by hitting bottleneck on CPU first. If Zen comes out and turns out that I could buy 6c/12t for the same price so be it. Honestly I doubt it though. Kaby is an overheating meme and I don't know if those 400Mhz extra on 7700k ocing are worth 20 degrees so I wen't for Skylake which also has cheaper motherboards by now.

Been thinking about upgrading for quite a while. especially all the AMD hate that goes on here.

Kek

If I were in your shoes I wouldn't upgrade for at least 2 more years and I would end up upgrading only the GPU.

Don't upgrade your CPU, user, unless Ryzen is actually good and a bargain.

However, Ryzen is probably gonna suck and a buying a new Intel CPU is throwing away money for very little improvement.

Wait for Cannon Lake or whatever it's successor is. It's due for official announcements late this year and will come with all the functions of the 270 chipset and will likely be a pretty big step-up. In addition I wouldn't doubt new GPUs will get announced around then as well, so it'll be a far better time to make a jump.

390 is probably too shit to justify jumping to i7 since even if you will bottleneck in those few games using more than 4 cores it's not like your gpu will magically gain double the power. i7 only makes sense for high end Nvidia owners.

Upgrading i5 to newer i5 also usually makes little sense because like others said the performance gain is rather insignificant especially since your CPU is only 2 years old. I'd recommend upgrading older i5s like 2500 but that's mostly because we went far with ram speeds and having something like 3200 mhz ddr4 when compared to 1600 mhz ddr3 can give you much smoother and higher frames.

Also if you upgrade to i5 buy a fucking unlocked CPU or learn how to oc locked ones using older bios versions. Your CPU is probably 20% behind any oced 4470k performance wise.

wait and see, you got nothing to lose

I meant 4670k*

Except patience. It's AMDelayed after all.

I was thinking about Kaby Lake cpu for my new rig, but then I found out it does not supports Win 7. But then I've read that lack of support only affects integrated GPU, which does not bothers me at all. So, would I be able to use Win 7 with Kaby Lake?

i5 tier zen = 6c/12ht trash cpu with no oc potential and bad single core perf.

Just wait it out.

Your current CPU to Skylake 4c4t is probably worthless.

However for same price or better(as sky/kaby i5), you might be able to snag 4c8t CPU or 6c12t CPU.

>i5 4460
>also paired with a R9 390.
Definitely worth waiting

Go and try to find drivers for it. Hint: you won't

Ryzen is going to be a meme. When has AMD done anything good with processors?

Never. Why would this be any different?

Oh yeah, it wouldn't.

Said the increasing nervous man

>When has AMD done anything good with processors?
underage b&n

You can use Kaby Lake with Win7, the problem is installing it requires jumping through some hoops to get things like USB working. I think it is possible to install it using a SATA DVD drive and PS/2 keyboard and/or mouse, and then install drivers for USB afterwards.

No you can't. Go look up what an xHCI driver is and why you need it AFTER installation. Again, you cannot use w7 with kaby lake. This has NOTHING to do with instillation methods.

This.

I don't know why would anyone have hope for AMD. You guys must really like disappointments

downloadcenter.intel.com/

Go find your windows 7 drivers for Kaby Lake

Wait a month and see. The potential for better deal is surely there, and Intel chips prices won't go up by that time, if nothing else.

>When has AMD done anything good with processors?

You must be 18+ to post on Sup Forums