I love OneDrive so much but I know that I'm getting fucked in the ass by Microsoft at the same time...

I love OneDrive so much but I know that I'm getting fucked in the ass by Microsoft at the same time. What does Sup Forums use for storage. I also use a USB flash drive, but only for sensitive information.

Other urls found in this thread:

nextcloud.com/install/
openbsd.org/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Drive
Dropbox

>Dropbox
>Google
Isn't that worse?

There's also Mega. Though I haven't kept up so it's probably a botnet or honeypot or something now as well.

This.

"The cloud is just someone else's computer." All of them fuck you in the ass. They're only appropriate for sharing things like public documents. To that end, Drive and Dropbox have (in my experience) the broadest integration into other services.

That having been said, OneDrive is convenient if you also use Outlook email since you can "attach from OneDrive" directly.

Dropbox is fucking shit

>go to dropbox link
>suddenly gone

I've never seen that happen unless the file owner started fucking with the file, like re-sharing it to chmod or outright relocating it. It's not like the link follows the file through changes like that.

In fact Dropbox used to have a problem of being TOO willing to keep links alive. Since they were assigned with short random keys, it was possible for an existing link to get recycled and end up pointing at another user's tax documents and shit.

any cloud service is fine as long as you encrypt your files before uploading

Mega is pure shit now. I believe they have a 2GB limit per 1~2 hours.

Google Drive hasn't given me any issues so far.

nextcloud server.

It does require a bit of securing yourself, and/or the hardware or a vps but its basically like having your own google drive.

Other than that there's seafile and syncthing.

I'm right there with you OP. I also love OneNote but have found Zim to be a possible alternative, with the combination of online storage that you're asking about it would be perfect for me

They're all "botnet", especially the big ones that are monitored by NSA.
And if you're using Windows and OneDrive at the same time you're pretty much NSA's ideal goy.

If you really have to store data on other people's computers at least encrypt it first. Mega says that they encrypt it locally, you can trust that or not.

>using Outlook or any other service from Pajeetsoft that isn't Windows/Office (for compatibility)

did you get a grandfather 300gb account?

FUCKING LOVE IT

it doesnt sync reliably like dropbox does tho.

how is the onedrive app so fucking buggy? ITS MICROSOFT'S OS! HOLY SHIT

THEY OWN THE FUCKING FILESYSTEM?

anyway 300gb cant beat it :)

>grandfather'd

nextcloud

>nextcloud
mfw i go to nextcloud.com and its down

lmao

"Access forbidden"

what a joke. I would never trust my data with amateur trash like that

AHAHAHA ITS DOWN RIGHT NOW

nextcloud.com/install/

>HAVING DOWNTIME IN 2017
>THE YEAR OF OUR LORD

JESUS WOW WEWW BOY

you homeserver fags live on a stack of cards.

Lol they are down right now wtf lol.

I use nextcloud and that's shit even. If I had to guess, their ssl lapsed. Same shit happened to amazon last month.

can nix fags do anything right?

>using the Google botnet
you're one to talk, user

theres plenty of bittorrent-based syncing mechanisms but i dont trust their security?

I would just go with a straight syncer like Dropbox or OneDrive or Google and ENCRYPT YOUR FILES.

but right now there's no easy mechanism to use their services + have your stuff encrypted

THE ONLY service i Know of is

SPIDER OAK

they provide full end to end encryption so that they cant see your files. Not sure why Dropbox doesnt offer that.

name a better performing browser than GOOGLE'S CHROME.

there's no competitor. period. it trounces on every single other software on every single metric.

if a better alternative becomes available then I'll use it. if the botnet is superior then you use the botnet.

who's to say I don't run it in randomized VM's behind 7 VPN proxies every boot? you're more anonymous on the botnet as user 389748934793279842398 identifying as google chrome than identifying as INDIVIDUAL UNIQUE UNIX DEBIAN RUNNING OLDVERSION FIREFOX CUSTOMER 44.4.

by running non-generic and uncommon web id you make yourself much more open than Windows64/Chrome.

>posted to their subreddit

J U S T

Mega

>you homeserver fags live on a stack of cards.

Truth.Your residential internet connection on residential power with old used hardware is never a good combination if you care about uptime.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

it's just a simple metric of how professional or well-run something is under its core. Yeah, you're running it on your own system and network, but what level are the devs operating at if they could ever let their website go down?

A page like openbsd.org/ has probably had 100% uptime since 1994.

And worse, this seems like a config issue? Access denied? Were they hacked -- if so -- could a hacker have pushed a security patch out?

Sometimes the de-centralized nature of Linux and opensource is EXTREMELY dangerous.

>Hold on, boss, I'll pull up the schemaitcs, let me just pull up my Dropb- I mean my homebrew sync platform running off a UPS and old frankenstein parts from eBay.

>Oh.. wait it isn't working? Maybe our network is down? No, it looks like my grandma unplugged the router by accident.

Mines fairly stable. I live in the center of a major US city. Power almost never goes out and its set to resume when ac returns anyway.

If you're going to go the nextcloud or syncthing route, I suggest using a paid vps though.