Browsers

Now that Firefox has gone too shit, what do you use?

Other urls found in this thread:

pcworld.com/article/3036509/linux/iceweasel-will-be-renamed-firefox-as-relations-between-debian-and-mozilla-thaw.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

edge on wine

wine???

Netscape

Chromium since though this is a turd, so is fucking everything else.

Let's hope that Open Opera leak gets somewhere, but let's be real, there's a 99% chance it won't.

What do you think of Waterfox?

Edge :^)

Nightly

Steam browser

Internet Explorer

No, seriously, these threads stink and you are tiresome. Don't you have anything better to do with your life?

Opera 12.16

it allows you to run edge on linux

I'm learning to program in C in order to create my own perfect browser.

luakit

cheeky bastard

I think AirDog or MetalCat

Vivaldi

For the nth time NSA, Firefox is not dead yet.

Fuck chrome and fuck google.

Strip the XUL support from the gecko engine and give it a frontend.

+1

Unfortunately there's no browser out there that can replace Firefox. All alternatives are considerably limited in terms of what their extensions can do, in comparison.

I still use Firefox, and once 57 rolls outs, I'll just keep using 56 or whatever previous version works the best.

Chrome.

Firefox 28

What's wrong with Firefox?

Can't you help with a current browser instead?

Either IceCat or dwb if you are into vim key bindings.

>Unfortunately there's no browser out there that can replace Firefox.
IceCat can, and is privacy friendly by default.

memes

This lifeless kid making a daily thread about how there's something wrong with it. Pajeet general?

What's the best browser if security is more important than usability or efficiency?

Nothing, unless you have down syndrome.

Seriously, what the fuck is wrong with this guy? He 's been doing this since years.

Is there certainty that IceCat will not drop XUL/XPCOM extensions in the future?

You can be sure they won't n the near future. ANd probably by then many developers will realize they can negotiate with IceCat's devs.

Just some dumb fag.

Chrome :^)

The botnet

:^)

>using the smiley with the karat nose

>IceCat
>AHAHAHAHAAH

IceWeasel already flopped and was deprecated, and now I learn that they rebranded it as IceCat and they're still trying to force it. It was shit.

firefox esr until qutebrowser completely swith to qtwebengine

you mean chrome?

Why shouldn't I be using firefox? What's wrong with it?

it's literally and unironically the browser for cucks

I'm using Waterfox with VivaldiFox and it works well. Cyberfox works just as well.

Vivaldi seems good.

Iridium seems good.

I had too many issues with Pale Moon and Ungoogled-Chromium isn't properly supported.

Firefox

>flopped and was deprecated
no? The original reason for the fork (trademark stuff on the logos/name) was resolved

pcworld.com/article/3036509/linux/iceweasel-will-be-renamed-firefox-as-relations-between-debian-and-mozilla-thaw.html

>they rebranded it as IceCat
WRONG

ITT NSA.

to shit? It remains the best browser

Not even hackers want to touch that steaming pile of shit because it's too easy and not a show of skill.

Embarrassing as hell.

And there are people on here who unironically use that piece of shit???

Fuck off firefox is AMAZING

Even if it is less secure it's still got superior functionality, which is the reason people use it.

I'm kind of looking for an alternative myself, since both Chrome and Firefox pretty much suck.

what functionality? lack of speed is a functionality? you're literally wasting seconds, minutes, hours of your life by using that shit.

>muh speed
Stop with the shitty memes. Oooh Chrome and Firefox both opened the site in under a second but Chrome was slightly faster, the fucking torture Firefox users must endure is simply incomprehensible! Anyway, shit like changing the UI and making it work the way you want.

you've just admitted Chrome/Chromium is faster. why are you wasting your life away?

Why wouldn't I admit it? It'd be a blatant lie to say that Firefox is faster.

because it allows for an easy non-root ad-blocker on mobile

Firefox esr
The real joke here is that while Firefox has gone to shit, it's still better than the competition.

He's being paid to make these threads.

why do you need that now that you have 64-bit firefox?

iceweasel was just firefox with the copyrighted name/logo stripped out for FOSS nerd reasons

Why do you want tot use edge over iron or waterbird, or whatever The maymay browser is these days?
Secondly, isn't there a good chunk of performance loss by running programs in wine?
Thirdly, do you really like shitposting this much?

Pic related

Whew lad, this is Sup Forums. You're supposed to like and shout down anyone who doesn't conform to your standards

pics or it didn't happen user, there's no way that WINE has UWA API.

>Ctrl+F Seamonkey
>0 results
good thing

Google/Microsoft shills

Mozilla has been stumbling in a couple of places, but Firefox has never been better actually

I've tried this before and I find it too slow. It just seems unresponsive for some reason.

>Secondly, isn't there a good chunk of performance loss by running programs in wine?

Wine isn't an emulator or a virtual machine. It's just a windows compatibility API-layer. So as long as the proper API's work/are there, there is obviously not any loss of performance.

The key words here being whether the API is there. Wine is the furthest thing from perfect in this universe.

i use only supreme browser which is google chrome. also have waterfox installed just in case

Why? It's the best browser that still receives updates.

You could just call these "Daily Firefox is Shit Thread" by this point

ungoogled-chromium

but the installation of extensions is a meme, and I can't fucking use Google as my search engine. I can't believe that all browser I try must be shit. I'm going back to Chrome if I can't find anything better.

Opera

>the installation of extensions is a meme
It's just different, and easy as shit. Plus it's not like you install extensions every day, once you have the ones you use, you're set
>I can't fucking use Google as my search engine.
Yes, you can

>It's just different, and easy as shit. Plus it's not like you install extensions every day, once you have the ones you use, you're set
I would like to update my extensions, but that's asking too much.
>Yes, you can
No. I can't. I also tried encrypted.google, but it won't let me use it.

Why is gone ?

>No, I can't.
Well, I can.

>never have problems with firefox memory leaking
>during last week ff uses 2/3 of my ram
only me or its global issue?

Firefox.

>too

Now that Firefox has gone to shit I use the only available sensible choice. I use Firefox.

Yes it has gone to shit, yet there is nothing better.

They don't respect the gays

Isn't that a good thing?

>current state of Edge font rendering

I think the same.
No better alternative

firefox has gone to shit?
haven't all "full-featured" browsers been shit for years?
isn't the real problem behind that is standard web design practices have gone to shit?

i still find firefox the most aesthetically pleasing and capable "full-featured" browser, providing it has classic theme, ad blockers, script blockers, and I restart it every day or two to clear out the ram.

Firefox because Sup Forums is always wrong.

Ever since upgrading to Firefox 51 my http requests have been failing and/or stalling.
Downgraded to 50, no issues.
Upgraded to 51, issues again.
Thank you Mozilla for spending your money on diversitry instead of testers.

Waterfox

have you tried firefox nightly? it's currently the best one

FF Deweloper Edition. It's one version past Beta.

Have done before, from around version 4 to 30.
I have an actual job now.

Cyberfox is cool for me.

wat

Pale moon.

I really like Firefox/Nightly but some of the tools I use for work don't support it. It's a bummer

LEAVE FIREFLACS ALONE!!!

safari

Chrome.
Chromium is some other cases.