As for the denial of wiping...

> As for the denial of wiping, the Court’s independent expert found 92 percent of Carmack’s hard drive was wiped - all data was permanently destroyed, right after Carmack got notice of the lawsuit, and that his affidavit denying the wiping was false.

My.

Fucking.

Sides.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VmNQTCwoN0I
bleachbit.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

About what?

HAHAHAAH

John Carmack has to pay $150 MILLION DOLLAROOS in a settlement.

He has to pay 3x more than he ever earned in his life.

and yet hillary won't suffer shit

Hillary did nothing wrong

so DOOM is kill?

No, Carmack is kill. DOOM is owned by Zenimax which just got $$500-600million dollar infusion of cash.

Carmack is now fucked as he has to pay $150m which he doesn't have... because he was found personally liable for stealing the IP and code.

Source on her breaking a law?

What the hell did Carmack do?

>they found nothing so he must be guilty

you're a retard

lots of retarded things...

- he worked for Oculus while being employed by Zenimax
- helped Oculus and gave them secret info while working for Zenimax
- stole thousands of documents from Zenimax when he left them (he actually admitted to that)
- poached 5 employees from Zenimax and took them to Oculus
- when he received a subpoena from judge for his computers, he deleted evidence
- he's so fucking retarded that he had to search google on how to wipe hard drives on the day he received subpoena
- ... and forensics investigators found all that shit he did

he's a fucking retard, a liar and a thief.

Alright come on man, if a lower level govt employee even tried to do anything that she did, nigga would be getting gangraped by bullqueers right now, no use in pretending otherwise. She got away with it because of her connections, and I'm not even a trumpfag or a shillary.

Does this mean Oculus is kill? That would be great.

Thanks to Hillary you can getaway with things like involuntary man slaughter and involuntary secret exposure so long as you say you didn't mean it and Black lives matter an shit.

>he still thinks the justice system is fair
so because low level trash get railroaded with bullshit everyone should?

Sup Forums is autistic as fuck and has no idea how the real world works.

>Carmak a master coder doesn't know hot to use DBAN
ughhh

did he fugg your waifu or something?

why are you so in love with him?

DBAN is a meme

dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sdXY bs=64k
is sufficient

Isn't this guy supposed to be some kind of hot shit programmer? I have a hard time believing that such a person would have to google how to wipe a hard drive. Doesn't make sense.

He invented 3d

>people should get special treatment because reasons
>dude just be born rich
>brah it's like, your own fault that you're not as lucky as her
And you wonder why Trumpets make fun of you niggers. Your complacency is what's going to kill democracy.

>Carmack invented 3D

these DRUMPFKINS just aren't as smart as us hilldawg supporters!
another reason why he'll never be president!

We can say he's doomed.

Who is this and why should I care. Give me a rundown

What law did she break theoretically then?

...what if he didn't?

Hear me out, if he lied about this what if he lied about 3D too? Who did he steal it from?

His early life theft hijinks always seemed charming. Now you gotta look at it in a different light.

But still, you can't hate him too much. You can tell this guy was never really in it for money. He was stuck in a dead company and itching to put his skills to use on something revolutionary because that's how the dude rolls. If you put aside your juvenile Sup Forums crap and put yourself into his place - perhaps you may well have done the same.

Why would someone lie about that?

>Wiping her email server while under a subpoena
>Storing classified information on her unsecured, unofficial server
Some people try to dispute the second part because some of it was improperly labeled or not labled at all, but as Secretary of State she was a Classification Authority and fixing shit like that was part of her job
>and then lieing about it to Congress

I'm unaware of Carmack ever being a bragtard. Why would he make anything up? And why would he get paid so much if he's a fraud?

People proclaimed him a legend and he just embraced it.

Something something great artists steal.

only one of those posts you quoted is mine.

i followed this lawsuit closely. Carmack was one of my childhood heroes and the main reason why I got into computers and programming.

it sucks when one of your heroes turns out to be a fucking psychopath with no morals whatsoever.

The only thing he stole was stealing his talent back to himself on another company's time. And I bet he didn't slack off in regards to his duties to Zenimax either. Dude probably just didn't have jack all to do there anymore and was bored.

the only questionable thing carmack did in this case was backing up all the stuff he had been working on in the 3 years before leaving his old job.

and that's actually a good thing: he didn't trust zenimax on mantaining reliable backups, and his code is by contract required to become open source in the next decade.

>a company can own what you do on your personal time because you work for them

Wew lad.

RIP Oculoooos

He's a heartless android without any knowledge of human emotions whatsoever

But he's also the most honest, reliable, hard-working employee you could get.

Carmack didn't do anything wrong.

>only
what about lying, destroying the evidence, working for competition etc?

quit sucking him off, retard

>He's a heartless android without any knowledge of human emotions whatsoever
that's true. he's a high-functioning autist who's probably a sociopath/psychopath

>But he's also the most honest, reliable, hard-working employee you could get.
$150 million jury verdict would say otherwise.

ps: he was also caught stealing apple computers from a school computer lab when he was a kid and had to spend a year in juvie.

Anything can be considered fucking "competition" in the corporate world. Was Zenimax actively working on a VR project? Fuck no, they were just growing fat off Bethesda's shovelware walking simulators.

Do you really think Carmack had an evil scheme to make boatloads of money on Zenimax's expense? This guy really strikes you as a fraud out for money? Or was he simply restless and eager to finally work on something relevant again?

Dude's clearly a criminal as it turns out, but if you're itching to hate him, you're clearly just being a contrarian and fading perfectly into the background noise of Sup Forums contrarianism.

>To be clear this is not to suggest that in similar circumstances a person who engaged in this activity would face no consequences. To the contrary those individuals are often subject to security or administrative sanctions but that’s not what we’re deciding here.

straight from the FBI released statement you can get right off their website and here is a youtube clip of the director stating it:
>youtube.com/watch?v=VmNQTCwoN0I
what she did was still enough where a normal person would have been fired, forced to pay a fine, demoted, extra.

he has a history of criminal behavior: he was caught by cops while stealing school computers, he stole computers when he worked on Commander Keen and now this. He has NO MORALS WHATSOEVER.

keep on denying reality, retard.

He was personally named as a defendant? Why does he personally have to pay $150 million and not Facebook?

TEPKOK

because he was personally charged since he conspired to do this whole criminal act.

He has a history of being pathologically devoted to technology and programming.

I don't understand, what's this guy's killcount? How many babies did he rape? How many homeless does he beat up daily?

What the fuck am I denying exactly? Why are you so eager to prove that Carmack is some sort of psychopath criminal out to rape my mom?

It must sting, selling the legendary company you founded to some eurotrash company called zenimax, only to have that same company sue you for half a billion dollars 7 years later. And for a fad.

>and then lieing about it to Congress
yeah this can't be ignored that she lied in her first testimony to congress about it. she at first completely denied that she had a hidden mail server. then when she got caught about that lie is when she had the server wiped with bleachbit.
>bleachbit.org/
who hillary herself endorses which you can see on the site.

what she did was wrong. downright wrong and anyone else would have faced some level of punishments. she didn't even get a wag of a finger and was rewarded with the opportunity of running for president again. so much so her own party and cnn rigged and made it hard for bernie to ensure hillary had the highest chances of winning. such as cnn's "political commentator" emailed hillary's team debate questions they were going to ask during the democrat primary.

That's not what happened. Carmack in his official capacities at ZeniMax was developing VR software. He leaves ZeniMax and goes to work at Oculus who suddenly has a massive leap in VR capabilities. ZeniMax sues Oculus for non-literal copying of their programs, which is where it gets tricky. IP law with regards to software is a very tricky subject and is still not very mature. I find it hard to believe that Carmack copy/pasted ZeniMax code and then changed variable names, which is what some have suggested, but I would be certain he redeveloped things done at ZeniMax at Oculus. This is where the law becomes tricky because algorithms cannot be copyrighted, so to what level do you say Carmack just copied stuff? The court felt there was enough evidence that Oculus has copied ZeniMax to award the money, but without knowing all the facts presented in the case (and reading news articles only is not a very good source of info) you can't feasibly pass judgment.

There were no criminal charges and no crime has been committed you imbecile. This was a civil case between two companies. Don't invalidate your arguments in this thread by posting overly wrong things like this.

Zenimax lost the case, big time, Carmack actually came as a saint

>The jury found that ZeniMax failed to prove that any of the defendants misappropriated the trade secrets claimed

>The jury found that Luckey breached an NDA, but it decided that the doctrine of laches barred the plaintiffs’ breach of contract claim against Luckey

>The jury found that Facebook did not interfere with the NDA

>The jury found that Facebook and Oculus did not engage in unfair competition

>Regarding the documents admitedly taken by Carmack, no specific damages were awarded

Suckerberg is a lying thief fucking faggot and so is his posse

seriously fuck facebook i hope it collapses soon.

>Trump pisses off most of the western world
>BUT HER EMAILS!!!

Sup Forums's resident IP lawyers weigh in

can't both carmack and facebook appeal the verdicts?

Carmack released a facebook statement.

What is there for Carmack to appeal? Jury said he didn't do anything

>petty theft from institutions and corporations is immoral
You capitalists never fail to give me a chuckle.

Nigga you gotta write random data or just fragments of old files if you don't wanna be detected

Also, so basically it wasn't oculus, it was entirely fucking Carmack?
I hope to god facebook bails him out on this one.

Why do people support oculus?

It doesn't even look like carmack owes any money, the former ceo owes $150 million

Carmack was cleared of any involvement, read the fucking decision

He was stuck in a company with a tone of interesting shit about VR, but no-one wanted to do anything with it, they never where going to, they where holding onto it so when someone else made a headset they could patent troll them.
Now, carmack was stuck there, and then oculus shows up, so he grabs the papers they wheren't using for shit and fucks off to oculus, and goes back to the old place and says to some guys there "Hey, I know you wanted to work on VR, come and join me"
In a fair world where IP and patents only mattered if you where actively working on them, he did nothing wrong.
Not to mention how many hundred million dollars he made them with doom.

Wonder when we'll hear from the DNS lawyers

He stole the computers for other people who didn't have access to them.

sure thing.. hahahaha

Actually he borrowed them

indians truly do smell tho i hate to stereotype but when i was a contractor at shitty microsoft everytime i would walk by the 3 indian ladies on the corner i got a bad whiff of something...it was definitely some type of body odor. I literally started walking down the other hall way after it got unbearable.

Hahaha i would fucking sue the shit out of him for that too. Dude must have been desperate for oculus to succeed (because it won't).

YAY!
Where's this "He owes them $150m" coming from then?

What if he doesnt even fizzbuzz

The retard in this thread with a hate boner for Carmack

Might need to start doomsday prepping, it's obvious trump is going to start a war.

>liberals crying

you mean like with a cloth?

This is weird. He uses, or used to use linux a lot for example. It is trivial to overwrite a hard disk effectively with not too much CLI knowledge. Maybe he told his wife to do it and she made a mess.

>has no rational argument
>LEL, I'll just use memes

Pretty pathetic what conservatives have been reduced too

kek

>Man who has pushed graphics and digital entertainment industries forward single-handed for the last 20 years is going to lose everything because some company not even making use of his genius is suing somebody who is

Most people would have to google this. Shit I would have to google it since I know dban doesn't work for ssds and modern controllers. I'm a Linux systems engineer too, I mean at the least I'd google the syntax for using dd to do it. It's just not something I would use ever.

It always blows my mind how people that are lifelong programmers and have achieved so much know so fucking little about hardware. It's like left brain vs right brain. I'm a fucking idiot and can still explain die shrinks and finfet to people.

did he use hillary sponsored bleachbit?

You are equally shit at this, apparently. Yea you just wipe the drive with zeros, end of story.

I know how it works, I'm pointing out that I would still have to google it.

>Linux systems engineer
>can't use dd without google
user

I challenge you to come up with the correct syntax to dd zero a drive using only then man page and time yourself and keep note of any uncertainly you may experience. Then find it using google.

I don't even need the damned man page
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sda
Or let's say you want to fill the drive with random data instead of zeros, just replace zero with urandom.

sudo dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sda bs=1m (or bs=1M, depending on your version)
No man page needed.
/dev/random if you don't want it to be completely obvious.
To be a silly willy,
for ((;;;))
do
echo "Fuck you" >> file;
done
rm file

I really hope he'll go bankrupt so we won't have to listen to this thieving quack ever again.

He started with punchcards I can imagine him contemplating the idea of burn everything down

>Hillary says to put a no-fly zone in Syria and that she will nuke Iran if elected president
>Trump will start a war

Hello sir. I am English and I am very pleased with Trump thus far.

Use /dev/urandom.
Use /dev/urandom.
Use /dev/urandom.
Use /dev/urandom.

I thought zenimax won and hundreds of millions had to go to them?