Radeon HD 5770 finally kicks the bucket

>Radeon HD 5770 finally kicks the bucket
>order an R7 250 because it has comparable performance as measured by Passmark
>card gets here, plug it in, all is well
>try to render a video
>literally takes 5-6 times longer than the 5770

Mind explaining why a graphics card from 2009 outperforms a graphics card from 2014?

Should I expect the same shit if I get an RX 460? Worse performance than almost literally decade-old hardware?

Other urls found in this thread:

nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/sV78XH
youtu.be/qPc4Gsqi8tU
m.youtube.com/watch?v=sph6cjJeRdI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>R7 250
That's why.
Should've gotten an EVGA nVidia GeForce GTX 1080 FTW with 8GB of VRAM, GSYNC capabilities, and support for nVidia GameWorks features such as nVidia's patented HairWorks and PhysX technology.

Are you positive it's actually utilising the gpu to render you fucking clod

>spending a thousand dollars for marginally better performance than the $170 RX 480
It's 2012, I very seriously hope you guys don't do this.

>marginally

Who is this boner bhabhi?

Fairly sure, I don't know what else would cause my GPU to sit at 15 degrees above idle.

>588% of the price
>~140% of the performance
yeah. marginally.

Can you pull up a gpu utilisation graph because that temperature increase could just be the ambient temperature rising because the cpu is under full load

wtf I love India now

take that piece of shit back and get a real gpu from either brand.

fuck just get another 5770 if you can from ebay. they're 40 bucks. that being said they're not worth 40 bucks, but used gpu prices are retarded as of the last couple years for various reasons.

What ridiculous prices do you have in your shit tier country

yeah op load up GPU-Z post pics.

>multicard setup when 99% of applications don't benefit, sometimes even performing worse, with it
>AMD

Well then. It'll sit at ~70% utilization for a few seconds, then dip to 0, the sit at 25% for a few seconds, then jump to 70% and repeat.

Boy oh boy, guess I'll have to see why the fuck it's only *sometimes* using the GPU to render shit.

wtf i love poo in loos now

What do you consider a "real" GPU?

Thoughts on this budget build? Think I can go cheaper for the same performance?
nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/sV78XH

a gpu that was considered mid-high end or better within the last 5 years.

the r7 series was never made to have any significant computing power, they're just a way to sell chips instead of scrapping them.

Same here got a t9 390 to replace hd5770, rendering on adobe premier got fucked up. Think the software didnt support it well

Are you fucking kidding me

>the last GPUs to support rendering were the 5xxx and 6xxx series

How the fuck do studios and youtubers render shit then? This is just a 4 minute video and it took almost 35 minutes to render. There's no way a studio exec is going to sit there with a thumb up his ass for 5 fucking hours to render 40 minutes of video.

>replace hd7750 with rx460
>barely any faster in the games I play
>Sven Coop still a stuttering mess in big maps
literally how

not bad
change the psu to something better
I personally use FSP raider 550W and I can recommend it or you can choose another one just make sure it's good
don't cheap out on it
bigger Watt does not mean better psu
look for amper in 12V rail to be more than 40A and can do overall minimum 500W
also switch that 980 to an 1070 if you can, the 980 is 1060 level
the 1070 is on Titan X (maxwell) level

The only game where this would probably happen tbqf

your HDMI is probably plugged into the motherboard

Thanks mate.

You white trash are ignorant.

It's not using the GPU at all, it's using your CPU.

Why do tards post threads like this without even checking the most basics of basics?

You probably bought a FX series CPU like a retard

CPU bottlenecks are a thing, especially in ancient engines that are single threaded

For now. DX12 is gonna fast become standard

>current year
>HDMISIS

Rendering using the GPU produces lower quality encodes, nobody professional uses it, they buy an i7.

i've heard this twice in the past two days on here.

care to explain why?

Tamannaah Bhatia

i would love an explanation as well

pro tip: he's talking out of his ass, just like all the retards that say anything less than a gtx 1080 is a waste of money

Think about it. How the fuck would rendering with a GPU produce lower quality encoding? If you use the calculator on your phone does it do worse math than a TI-84?

They use i7 6900k or 5830X. You know they are not poor as you are. 1080GTX also helps.

>using a card with no support whatsoever for video rendering
They have fancy processors but they absolutely do not use Nvidia cards, at all. Nvidia's render support was atrocious for a long time and then completely ended with the GTX 580.

Even in America a GTX 1080 is garbage. Wait for Vega or the GTX 1080 ti. Nvidia offers top of the line, but they fanboys in Nvidia are absolutely trash tier meme garbage. I just want top tier performance for good prices. Fuck Intel and Nvidia those goddam shills and AMD if they ever become like ShillIntel and Njunk.

youtu.be/qPc4Gsqi8tU

this video explains everything newer GPUs have problems rendering in sony vegas

Premiere encodes on nvidia via CUDA. No way in hell anybody actually encodes on CPU.

Even reviews couldn't recreate AMDs results.

>cup usage nearing 100%
>"no I'm certain it's using the gpu!"
>gpu peak not even at 100%
/thread

>Sup Forums pajeet
Literally cancer and shit mixed together.

There are limitations on the GPU that the CPU does not have, similar to how the entire OS just doesn't run off the GPU. Try to encode hi12p with the GPU you dumb faggot

Historically it has always been that the CPU produces higher quality encodes, look at any review where they autistically zoom in and show the lower quality.

>>replace hd7750 with rx460
>>barely any faster in the games I play
maybe it's because the 460 is barely faster than the 7750?
>sidegrading

>R7 250

You fucked up. Should have just got an RX 470 or 480. They're cheap, and would have been a solid performance increase. If you can't scrape together $150 for a 470 you need to have a serious look at your life.

>buy FX8350
>everything runs fantastic
Feels great

>buying an r7 250
>in 2017 no less
wtf

Update your drivers
Switch to Windows 10
Update your video editing software.

what is the hd6850 equivalent to in the rx4xx series? so I don't side grade?

It was 40 dollhairs (after MIR)

hd6850~=hd7790
while
hd7850~=rx460

just get the 470

>Should I expect the same shit if I get an RX 460? Worse performance than almost literally decade-old hardware?

yes, go buy rx 470 you cuck

>everything runs fantastic
>at 20-40fps
>with 0fps stutters all the times

AMD retards are so fucking dumb that you could mistake them with console plebs

OP is probably poor or has other priorities.

would it be a upgrade from this?

I dont know op you tell me
m.youtube.com/watch?v=sph6cjJeRdI

You know op your not suppose to take passmark scores so literally. For instance the gtx 940m has the same score as the intel hd 530 or similary to the 520. But in real world performance the intel hd graphics does worser in gaming. Because it has less features/capabilities that the gtx has

kek

Both of these.

>unironically not running windows
It's well past 2012, I seriously hope you guys don't do this

Normally I hate that cunt but

>I'm gonna be taking a look at the R7 240. A product that sucks, and is cheap

had me giggle

if you can look beyond all the memfagging, linus and especially techquickie are actually decent while being mildly entertaining.

>Historically it has always been that the CPU produces higher quality encodes, look at any review where they autistically zoom in and show the lower quality.

that's great and all, but WHY?

Would let her poo in my loo

>every southern actress isn't southern nor is she an actress
feels so fucking bad man.