Does anyone here work for a giant corporation?

What's it like? How's the salary?

Pay is fantastic and the increase in pay over time with promotions and yearly % increases is exponential. Earning 300k (salary, stock, bonuses) after 5 years in industry isn't unusual. The perks are good but some can be viewed as a way to keep you at work for longer so that you end up doing long days. The work is quite enjoyable but it's worth noting that very few teams do any novel and groundbreaking work. Kinda feels like youre doing work below your skill level which isn't great for constantly challenging yourself.

what company are you referring to? able to disclose that?

I work for the largest corporation of all. The government

Google

Moot?

Bumo

I work for M$. It's pretty shitty all in all. It's like working for a startup except with less benefits and the same salary. Also you have shit like enforced work hours that are typically not a thing with startups. And then there's the fucking golden handcuffs. If you stay 20 years you get much higher payouts, but if you stay a second less you get nothing at all.
Plus, compared with startups, you need significantly higher qualifications to even get any position, so chances are you'll never do the job you want to actually do and instead you'll be treated like shit and work as a janitor. Thankfully that hasn't been the case for me because lol acquisition.

Overall, 2/10. Would bump up to 4 if you were big on M$ products because then you could get discounts in the store. Also worth to note that people in seattle make ridiculously more dosh and have significantly more advantages for the same position so this of course also impact the rating.

I can vouch for this.

I work for one of the most hated companies in the world but they treat us so fucking well, today we did our annual talent profile updates, its basically choosing what the fuck you want to do and they guide you how to get there.

I know several people who have shot up several tiers in less than 3 years and triple figures is a relatively easy goal.

As anything in life though you still have to work hard to earn the rewards.

>tfw got offered a role at the largest company in the world
>rejected it because I had a better job

That company is Aramco btw aka Saudi National Oil company

Does it count if I only work in the warehouse of Amazon

Does it count if I work as a janitor for Walmart

moot doesnt come here

B-but he said in the q/a two years ago he still lurks

Moot!

>Ever working for Arabs
I think you made the right choice, user

Working at fb is shit tier. I'm there two years already and need three more before my "options" kick in. The salary is jank and I can tell you my MAGA hat and Trump backpack did not make life here any easier in a libtard sea of SJW.

>inb4 go back to Sup Forums

As long as your not indian, black, or filipino what's the issue?

Facebook doesn't even offer stock options. You could at least do basic research before making up shitty stories.

If he got acquired then he would probably receive options or stocks (or restricted stocks) as part of the sign-in bonus.

obvious shill is obvious

Hi moot, how much for the blowjob?

Like $15 in the bay area. The bars are really expensive!

24/cisco/150k

i do what i love from anywhere in the country.
some days i dont do a thing, other days im white knuckling but come out a hero. benefits are great, overall its solid. ive worked with google, apple, and facebook and can say i honestly prefer what i do. ive advised on projects there and the atmosphere was really odd. ive also been at riot games and can say the same.

>I work for one of the most hated companies in the world

Comcast? desu its relevancy doesn't seem to extend far beyond Reddit whenever it comes up (though there was that viral video in Winter where their guys failed), though i've never seen a company more hated than that.

there is also that eyeglass company that owns it all and buttfucks their consumers with charging 200$ for like a 20 cent frame, but no one even knows the name of them.

luxottica

>300k
gave it away shill

Are you in San Jose? What grade are you and what position? I don't hear anyone entry level (below grade 8) making 150k. Outside HQ I think a CCIE & grade 10 would net you around 110k.

NYC, I'm a grade 9

I did work below my skill level.
Felt like my skills were entropying fast despite high pay
Work is boring.

You get stack ranked

Chance of changing managers (outside your control) getting on a bad project and getting LR'd or fired despite history of high performance just like that on a whim

Cisco does geo salary readjustments. That makes sense. How do you like working there? They lay off 6-7000+ people every Q4.

I've been here three years, I know what an LR is. They're largely old business units. We acquire companies regularly. Appdynamics was +1400 employees. Ever notice how even though we layoff 7000 people (wasn't last year 5?) We don't shrink below 70000 employees? It's called churn.

But really the work is great, the challenge is great, the flexibility and work life is solid and the compensation is very fair. This job is not for everyone (I'm not a developer I'm a presales engineer) but it's a job I never knew existed five years ago.

yes, you are working for Fortune #1 company, be proud

It's great, great perks, sign-on bonuses, salary higher than applel cucks or google ( probly same as linkedin)
RSUs every year
bonuses every year
challenging
never in comfort zone

they pay you very good, so they expect the best of you

>presales engineer

care to explain your duties?

t. M$ pajeet paid shill literally too dumb to even read the OP.

I work with enterprises who spend between 1-8million with Cisco a year. I help them identify and design technology projects within their business and often compete for that business. I also manage the relationship between that enterprise and Cisco. I'm 70% technical 30% sales, but I cover our entire portfolio. Monday I might have two meetings on Spark Board and a briefing on our server business, Tuesday might be all router stuff and Wednesday I might be redesigning a campus architecture. Security weaves through all this, too

A

t. dumb poorfag inbred doesn't even have a valid argument

I noticed that too with the consistent 70k head count. I was LR'd last August. No warning. Had a 1:1 with my manger after Chuckie gave Q3 results. I was part of the under 30 y/o headcount LRd. I used to receive good ratings in reviews (before the people deal decided to hide your rating). Cisco changed my managers as well, so I was on a new team where I didn't really know my manager or teammates. I had been at Cisco for several years as well but still fresh.

Q4* Typo.

>Pay is fantastic and the increase in pay over time with promotions and yearly % increases is exponential
Bullshit.

Have they taught you how to poo in the loo yet? Or did they buy a street to dedicate to your shitting?

What business unit? Sounds like you could've been service provider or any of the heavily impacted segments... It's an unfortunate game of where you're standing and when. In 2015 I was a service provider overlay and I'm glad I got out when I did because that axe came down hard. You land at a partner or another vendor I hope?

any australian in here that work for big companies?

yanks need not reply

I was in Services, but been in Services + Engineering during my tenure at Cisco. Some upper management got axed too.

I haven't been picked up by anyone yet. I'm trying to change from analyst role > software engineer so went back to school. Need to find work soon, so will be applying for jobs shortly. Had a Big 4 express interest due to my background, but I am still prepping for them. In the meantime I need to figure something out with school/work. Changing fields isn't easy in terms of cost + trying to find a company willing to let you take in-person classes.

Make sure you get a job offer before your 30s.

i had one already with cisco, why a new one before 30?

the jobs id qualify for are not the ones i want. i no longer want to be an analyst, i'd rather do software development. this, i need to take courses in CS/take the time to to learn the trade. this takes time and effort. If i get a job right away then I'd be stuck being an analyst at a company that may not give me the time to do part-time work to switch fields. i'm already acing my CS courses (that's all ive been doing since i got LRd is taking CS courses).

kek
right in the feelings huh?
keep bitching nigga, I'm off to Vegas.

how hard is it to get a job at M$?

Is government a giant corporation?

Trivial.Just be a pajeet like

You have to know someone at MS.
And if you're a Pajeet, you'll get an H1B easily and come over.

Make no mistakes. MS is Pajeet territory now. All MSFT certifications go to Pajeets. All MVP certifications go to Pajeets. All MSFT jobs go to Pajeets.

How much can you get a surface book for?

25% off on holidays, that is it. 10% off otherwise.

>If you stay 20 years
This isn't the 60s anymore. Very few companies last 20 years. I doubt Microsoft will still be the same after 20 years.

jesus chris my balls

Exactly. Even then I don't want to stay 20 years at fucking micro$oft, mostly because expertise acquired at M$ is not transferable anywhere else, since they insist on using their arcane proprietary tools, pipelines and systems while nobody else even looks at that stuff. They even go out of their way to deliberately be as far as the industry standard as possible on specialized tools, even.

Moot! Why did you leave comfy NYC?

silly valley is where all the fags are at, much easier to get some [spoiler]trap[/spoiler] action there if you know what I mean.

How many of you anons got your job/career with a degree and how many of you got your job/career without a degree?

I'm interested in the various paths.

Have a degree in IT. The knowledge gained from it helped. The diploma itself isn't worth that much.

Friend doesn't have a degree. It's shit for immigration purposes, but he has a nice background and works just fine with only a high school education.

how much should someone with 15 years professional experience make at a giant corp?

I know someone who has 15 years of experience in developing software in Clipper.

He's unhireable.

Years mean jack shit.