Ryzen gets Windows 7 drivers

computerbase.de/2017-02/amd-ryzen-am4-treiber-windows-7/
THANK YOU BASED AMD

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/dyyWlXQwUF8
downloadcenter.intel.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Smart

Why is this news worthy? W7 has 3 more years of MS support left and a huge market share.

They depend on poorfags, so they should support XP too.

Win7 has still more market share than Win10. Thanks AMD

youtu.be/dyyWlXQwUF8
For the people that live under a rock

MS is only coming to support Win10 with Ryzen and Kaby Lake

Screw you, I'll stick with Win7 forever.

People are having trouble installing W7 on Kaby Lake. AMD is being nice.

Actually, AMD is being normal. They are only nice when compared with... the competition.

This inlcudes Windows 8.1, right?

Fuck off, falcon.

Kaby lake has no drivers for w7, so yes, people are going to have much more problems than just getting it installed.

No intel is not supporting w7, microsoft is just bribing intel to only release optimized drivers for w10.

ty based gook-keller

Hope you feel better soon, user.

BASED

Windows 7 sucks on 8c/16t

god is smiling upon the red side. i'll be standing on the sideline with my 4670k watching the bloodbath ensue after ryzen launch

>windows 7 support
>all cpu's overclockable
>socket that will last at least 4 years
>yfw AMD is finaly making the right decisions

Let us hope that the performance is there. And that the price is right.

IPC gains seem legit from the leaks so far, my only fear is that they can't clock them high enough to compete with Intel's offerings, but we will see

>from the leaks
Bulldozer had leaked info as well. I am not getting burned twice.

Im posting your pictures and info when I get home tonigh

;_;

Does someone have a links to posts of guys actually trying to install w7 on Kaby with a list of things that refused to work? All I get in google is all those repeating "news" about it not happening.

Works fine here.

THANK YOU BASED LISA
THANK YOU BASED KELLER
THANK YOU BASED RAJA

Seems like an obvious move. AMD execs want their product to be as accessible to as many people (and companies/organizations) as possible and avoiding Windows 7 users who make up the majority of the OS market wouldn't help.

> my only fear is that they can't clock them high enough to compete with Intel's offerings

actually i7 7700k even if you oc it to 4.8ghz from 4.5ghz it doesn't mean shit it only increase fps by 0-3. Digital Foundry said 5ghz is never worth it and most likely people should just not oc it at all since temps/watt usage from higher volt is not worth adding 0-3fps. I just hope 4c+8ht will oc to 4.5ghz with having 95-99% of perf of i7, that's all i want.

If you install newer Intel processors on win7 it wouldn't support all of the available instruction set extensions. Kinda like installing 32bit windows on a processor that supports 64bit. It should work it just wouldn't give you all of the functionality that you paid for.

I still remember you telling me nearly five years ago that crossfired 7770s wouldn't work without a bridge. You were wrong!

bunch of lies

Instruction set usage is in no relation with drivers. CPU will execute whatever you will throw at it if it is supported.

The only stuff that will probably not work is integrated USB conntrollers, graphics etc. So my question is which of those integrated things are missing pre-w10 drivers? And I mean completely missing, not just "you have to dowload them from different sites insted of getting them with OS/via MS Updater".

No it won't work at all you stupid shit

Looks like the biggest source of irritation is the USB controller. The windows 7 installer image apparently doesn't have the driver required for the controller so you have to provide one. You can install from disc though.

stop talking out of your ass

JayzTwoShills was able to get a 7700k working with Win7. It did have a few issues though during install but he got it running near 5.0ghz

No, you stupid shit. Go look up what xHCI driver is and why you need it AFTER you get your OS installed

downloadcenter.intel.com/

Go find me ANY type of essential driver you need for w7 to work.

why does she remind me of John Romero

>2017
>wanting to use Windows 7

If you don't care about the botnet, just go with Windows 10, otherwise INSTALL/G/ENTOO

> The windows 7 installer image apparently doesn't have the driver required for the controller so you have to provide one.
Isn't it correct for many recent pre-Kaby motherboards too?

*long annoyed sigh*

F I N E !

I will wait. *deletes PC part picker plan for new PC using intel chip*

Has nothing to do with instillation
What about after?
What are you going to do then?

ahci
xhci (installer requires it anyway)

this. after this, windows will only be a gaymen OS to me.

LINK?

Intel doesn't make them

>outdated performance
>outdated windows

Makes sense

How? Only recently has AMD made Crossfire without the bridge a thing.

I'm assuming you mean since USB peripherals probably don't work right? Is there a way to use another bus like PS/2 or did Intel do away with that?

>Go buy state of the art brand new consumer cpu
>install windows 7 on it

People ACTUALLY do this dumb shit?

HAHAHAHAAHAHAHA

Why not? It's not like the alternatives are better or faster somehow.

>build a computer, something you'll be using daily
>couple it with software you dislike
People ACTUALLY do this dumb shit?

Windows 7 is such a deprecated piece of shit, and your showing your ignorance by saying otherwise.

*you're

retard

>deprecated

>no arguements against win7 sucking shit
>Resorting to ad hominem

Unsurprizing. Win7 fags are the fucking worst.

when will you dumb shits realize your OS is dead?

if you hate windows 10 make a more responsible choice, switch to OSX or Linux, or just get with the fucking program.

Okay. What's missing?

Or how about they continue to use what they want to fucking use on their own damned machines?

Osx or Linux doesn't have games you dumb fuck

Windows 7 is still superior to your add ridden piece of shit windows 10

>use a Windows VM for gaymen
>use a real OS for everything else

Vm performance sucks shit, this is not a solution to the fact that W10 is an ad ridden piece of shit

Or I just use Windows 7

I would get with the program, but the program doesn't work on W10! Yoda's Stories works perfectly in Windows 8.1. It sounds like W10 broke a lot of compatibility. I am not losing my connection to Yoda! Linux may have TempleOS, a connection to God, but I have had a connection to a puppet since 1997. Now they want to take that away from me.

Except it doesn't.

Yeah, 95% the performance of running it natively is just complete ass
>this is not a solution to the fact that W10 is an ad ridden piece of shit
I never said anything about Windows 10.

Why use an OS that's only good for gaymen for everything when you can use it for just gaymen?

Except it does

Only a small fraction of people actually adopted Windows 10

>Yeah, 95% the performance of running it natively is just complete
Thats a huge load I'm not getting because my host OS needs resources to run itself. That's cpu cores and ram I'm not gonna get and my system doesn't even support a hackintosh well enough to work

>why use an OS that's only good for gaming
It's good for everything without the bugs, shit, and ad ridden malware of windows 10

asian women are truely the only fit for us tech geniuses am i right guys :D

>Yes goy, get our spying dick rammed on your ass, everybody else loved it too
Fuck off shill, the only thing that W10 has over W7 is DX12, besides games, there is no exclusive software that W7 canĀ“t run.

>Thats a huge load I'm not getting because my host OS needs resources to run itself.
Oh yeah I forgot how games max all of your hardware for the entirety of play time.
>It's good for everything
If by "everything" you mean "just gaymen"
>without the bugs, shit, and ad ridden malware of windows 10
Again, I never said anything about Windows 10.

>no arguments in favor of win7 sucking shit
>resorts to name calling

hurr durr

>If by "everything" you mean "just gaymen"
Everything including gaming you fucking mongoloid, there's nothing Linux or osx can't do that Windows 7 does

There's no point in setting up all this bullshit to effectively do what windows 7 already dpes

Yes it does work with kaby, it just has an if block in the code which tells your pc to go fuck itself.

Microsoft could easily deny or just stall signing their driver.

>there's nothing Linux or osx can't do that Windows 7 does
Then why are you fighting for it so hard if Linux and OS X can do everything it can?

>pretending that you don't want ryzen to btfo kaby lake

Why would I want Windows on top of another OS when I can just have Windows with 100% performance?

>ITT grandpas who are afraid of upgrades

Back to amd when my 2500k is kill then.

Linux can't do everything Windows 7 already does

Windows 10 is not an upgrade

>Sup Forums suddenly love win10 because they will do anything to hates AMD

sad.

>Sup Forums is one person
More like Microsoft shills come to defend aware and malware

Intel isn't supporting W7 on Kaby Lake

LTSB N kinda is, but I agree that any other SKU is a serious downgrade (including Enterprise)

What are the big differences between LTSBN and regular 10?

No cortana
No store
No ability to link a microsoft account (by default)
No UWP
Old calculator (the working one)
No forced feature updates (just security updates)

LTSB is long term service branch. It has all the same telemetry (botnet) but little of the bloatware & no cortana that the main editions have.

N means it comes without codecs etc.

Except you can disable telemetry to "security" only and then pigeonhole anything that even that sends out to a deadend custom reporting location on your network

I was thinking of jumping from my 8.1 to 10 using this

Its mostly for gaming and all my work and shut, can it still do all that?

What codecs is it missing? Do I need them to run anything?

I HATE INTEL SO YES I WOULD LOVE FOR IT TO DO THAT!

Sorry if my post wasn't clear, i have been agonizing over building my new computer (i waited to fucking long, no money, etc) and i was just about to pull the lever on an intel PC when I saw this news and deleted fucking everything. I will now wait and enjoy my 6300 with gtx 660 and 1tb of space for another 3 months it seems!

You mean like not having software and drivers out of the box? Windows 7 is completely unusable by default.

Out of the box it has absolutely nothing in terms of media playback or media server and probably some other shit. You'll have to install a manual update to add back media player if you want to play HTML5 video on some sites (like vimeo) for reasons I still don't understand (but assume are DRM based)

Windows 7 actually tends to work pretty well out of the box except for like GPU drivers and maybe wireless card drivers if your chipset manufacturer is a dick like broadcom. Those issues mostly apply to linux as well though.

>it has no telemetry except for all this telemetry
If you want to watch any video at all you need to install a codec pack, so just don't get the N version. Only retards recommend it.

Search "n editions of windows" m8, it's not difficult.

>If you want to watch any video at all you need to install a codec pack
Any decent media player that isn't WMP comes with its own codecs. The purpose of the N version is to allow you to avoid the bloat of a media player you never even want to use. That said....
see
You'll likely still have to install WMP anyway. I believe the N versions have removed some other features as well though that you don't have to add back but I can't remember for sure

Thanks but I'm not retarded. I'm being nice and spoonfeeding the guy who's new to the internet.

Windows 7 has just as much telemetry if you're an idiot and opt into CEIP. Win10 LTSB has zero reported telemetry if you change the settings properly. Win7 has zero reported telemetry if you change the settings properly. What exactly is the difference?

cause windows is ad ridden spyware.

No they don't. Anything Ubuntu based immediately ships those drivers.

Pajeet can you just fucking leave and take your lies with you.