Why does Angular needs a book of 788 pages Sup Forums?

Why does Angular needs a book of 788 pages Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

locutus.io/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Because writers get paid per page written and AngularJS experts need to make money somehow now that the framework is obsolete.

LOL Christ what are the cool kids using now instead of angular?

Angular (fka Angular 2)

Typescript is comfy

Just use react, it's a no brainer.

this

788 pages of toilet paper
react won

Misspelled Vue there m8, honest mistake.

This syntax is unbearable

Because Angular is a bigass framework with built in utilities for everything you might possibly ever need.

Most people are only going to use a fraction of it, but its all there, so they're going to write about all of it

Svelte or Inferno or anything else that is really fast.
Brainmen avoid React due to the license.

What is it then, Vue or Svelte?

why not just do your front end with vanilla html/css/javascript/jquery

Why not build horribly un-maintainable pieces of shit?

Gosh, I simply don't know

inb4 muh purity, muh no learning curve, muh no bloat

If you're going to build a homepage or a todo list, go right ahead. There's a reason people use frameworks for bigass fuckin apps though senpai

fuck man, idk, facebook uses c++

angular or react?

Facebook is written in a "custom" PHP dialect called Hack. Hack compiles to a bytecode that runs on a VM called HHVM (HipHop Virtual Machine) which is written in C++, for maximum performance.
And their client side code is obviously JavaScript, since thats the only god damn piece of trash you can run in browsers.
They use React, which they invented, and which is written, like all client side browser gutter trash, in JavaScript.

wtf so what would you recommend if you hate JS then? one guy says .js frameworks are god tier then another guy says theyre gutter trash. What's your end game?

Well, I do hate JS, because I've written a lot myself (and actually generated JS on fly from another language... that was cancer). And I don't recommend it to anyone.
Its a fucked up language, with undefined behavior, tons of errors of conceptions that the devs and the community try to solve by writing megabytes of .JS libraries.

But the real problem with JS is that you CANNOT not use it. There is simply nothing else that runs in a browser (apart from VBS in old IE versions).

So TL;DR, I don't recommend it, I don't think any sane programmer would recommend it, but you don't really have a choice. There is no alternative. You can transpile, use libraries, layers, etc, but you'll end up writing JS anyway.

Our only hope is this webassembly standard, so we can have, i.e, a C++ or C# to webasm compiler with no performance drops.

when does webassembly come out?

Well, Chrome already has an implementation of it that you can enable in the chrome://flags. Its probably the same for Firefox.

But its nowhere to be ready until the tooling is here. Like production usable compilers and debuggers, IDEs, libraries that give you access to the browser API and DOM, (in C++, that could be stuff like JSEngine::Console::log, etc).

i played the demo game on the webassembly site in both webassembly and asm.js, didn't really notice any difference....

>why not just do your front end with vanilla html/css/javascript/jquery

Because it's not hip, plus it requires you to actually learn how to use css/javascript/jquery instead of throwing together a bunch of templates and call it a day.

I build everything in native html/css and only use js/jquery to just do ajax calls or change classes (every visual element can be done with css transitions or animations, I only use js to "launch" them by changing classes), or sometimes do event callbacks. With css I'm doing black magic level stuff nowadays, especially with responsive layouts (all of it is handled in CSS), but I have to admit that it takes a ton of time compared to throwing around a few template modules in Bootstrap and calling it a day.

>(and actually generated JS on fly from another language

... why would you do that?

The aim of both projects is really to have a common assembly-like bytecode to compile stuff to. Like you'd compile C to assembly.

Once everyone is one the same page, they'll start to optimize the shit out of it. In ten years. *sigh*

Because they're dumb and need a bloated framework

Also they're literally the cancer killing the web and completely wiping out any cpu performance gains we get

Well, when you're writing an ASP.NET application that can generate grid and forms by reading a database, you have to put tons of javascript on your page. For example, for each grid you add a button, you generate a piece of JS that reacts to the click of that button only and acts on the grid thats "binded" to it. It needs to be dynamically generated, since its a "dynamic" engine based on variable data.

I'm sure your todo list app is very impressive user

Webassembly won't help you because
- you will have to wait until all non-supporting devices become deprecated and updated, which means 15 years minimum (we still can't use Flexbox despite it being around for 8+ years)
- you still need to draw crap on the screen, for which you need DOM manipulation, where you get fucked up inconsistencies between how they work, how they should work, and how they work in other browsers. Including desktop and mobile.

The only reason webassembly is even a thing is because by putting compiled code on the web, people cannot just save your minified javascript from your site and use it on their own page. No, you'll have to BUY libraries once they start coming in compiled form.

id say like half the apps i go to run great and feel lightweight, then the other half are bloated pieces of shit. I'd be willing to bet an app made with php for back end, and vanilla js for front end would run better than an app made with all these .js frameworks and includes

>I'm sure your todo list app is very impressive user

I write corporate sites, not mobile apps.

>For example, for each grid you add a button, you generate a piece of JS that reacts to the click of that button only and acts on the grid thats "binded" to it. It needs to be dynamically generated, since its a "dynamic" engine based on variable data.

??? can't you just put onclick="somefunction(this);" on the button, and then set up somefunction() to check which grid the button it was fired from belongs to? Why generate dynamic javascript for that crap?

>corporate sites
>pure js
>maintainable by future developers

pick 2

Yeah, it's so hard to maintain all three class toggles I do to trigger some CSS animations.

I think Vue(2.0) is also pretty fast, so it doesn't really matter.

>maintainable by future developers

that's not how you get job security.

>Websites
>not rewritten all 3 years anyway

C/C++/Rust compile to Web Assembly and asm.js.

what do you all think of this? if i understand correctly they are using js for the back end?

locutus.io/

Retards.

i dont get it either, why not just use the original languages?

Hipster cred.

It's funny because that's exactly what PHP was invented for, and still does better.

I prefer Hack. It's the evolved version of PHP. Easy to async with it too. JS is literally hippy tier.

I prefer Go. It's the evolved version of C and Pascal. Easy to do concurrency with it too. PHP, Hack and JS are literally retarded turtles.

Go doesn't have as many features as Hack though...

C++ has even more features than Hack. Must mean it's that much better.

You're right - it is.

for web dev tho? nah. Go is great but for web dev its not Python, PHP, ASP.NET tier tho

How so? inb4 jobs.

just read the docs man. Hack does a lot more

And Haskell does even more than that.

Smartie, your onclick="somefunction(this)", the "somefunction" is what has to be generated. You don't know how many grids there is going to be, how many buttons, etc.

Not that guy, but I have done that. Hack tries to fix what isn't broken. Tries to be a better Java but we already have C#.

i think maybe the font size is too big or the page is smal?

But companies like to compete. Java has been around forever and C# is a M$ thing. *yawn*. I'd rather not join the M$ poo in loo cult. Facebook and Google have the best engineers.

788 pages you need to forget next year

* wink wink*

>I'd be willing to bet

k senpai

Is the data fixed after generation, or do you add more nodes after page load? If it is fixed, you can assign the function into an event listener in a snippet in the footer. If it is dynamically added via ajax, you can still set up a DOM change event listener that will do the same to any newly loaded grid elements.

Don't see how this is difficult.

The data can be modified, but I don't have control on that. Its Devexpress components after all. Even they told us to generate JS on fly, heh.

This is how pages look like.

What I usually do is onclick="someFuntion(Id)", the Id tells me the row it is so I can fetch the data and only create a single function for all the rows.