/spg/ - Smatphone General - Abu Hajaar Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of a long time ago
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>Shill your Xiaomi
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES unless you live in America you shits

>News:
Samsung Galaxy S8 availability and prices leaked
gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_s8_availability_and_prices_leaked-news-23184.php

Samsung Galaxy A (2017) series go sale in the UK
gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_a_series_are_on_sale_in_united_kingdom-news-23181.php

Huawei's Honor 6X is officially getting Nougat and EMUI 5.0 next month
gsmarena.com/huaweis_honor_6x_is_officially_getting_nougat_and_emui_50_next_month-news-23158.php

Samsung Galaxy S7 before and after the Android Nougat update: here's what's changed and what's not
phonearena.com/news/Samsung-Galaxy-S7-before-and-after-the-Android-Nougat-update-heres-whats-changed-and-whats-not_id90673

Google will discontinue Google Now Launcher in the coming weeks
androidpolice.com/2017/02/03/google-will-discontinue-google-now-launcher-coming-weeks/

Every angle of the LG G6
underkg.co.kr/news/1702802

old

Other urls found in this thread:

i.4cdn.org/g/1486153342637.gif
youtube.com/watch?v=0sOoCVBtfWo
kimovil.com/en/compare/asus-zenfone-3-laser-zc551kl-32gb,asus-zenfone-3-maxzc520tl3gb-32gb,motorola-moto-g4,motorola-moto-g4-2gb
m.ebay.com/itm/182316417176
casper.io/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Abu hajar!

/SG/ ?

Are there really no more good none-chink budget phones?

G6

iphone 4s finally shit the bed last week, have about £450 to spend
not buying a new iphone
touchwiz is shit
is the op3t too chinky or will it last me 5 years like ol' reliable apple

do i just wait til this conference thing next month

im jewish if that helps

J7 2016, J7 Prime

G6 also

He said good, not Samsung tier.

Does 'Doze on the Go' in Greenify require Xposed to work? It's an option under the regular settings but also present as an option under the 'Requires Xposed to work' options. So I'm not sure which one it is.

Touchjizz has improved alot since kitkat.

I have a tab s 8.4 on 4.4.2 and it stutters and lags.
My J7 on 6.0.1 Flies.

Of course I put Nova on top.

Wait for MWC, plenty of good shit coming up.

better version.

Moto G4 series is bretty gud, especially the G4 Play

I asked before
I ask again
is there a widget that shows hours/days until the next alarm
instead of showing the time and day of the next alarm?

Link to pic?

i.4cdn.org/g/1486153342637.gif

Thx.. And the NSFW version?

It's not NSFW. It's just cropped to make it look that way.

Doesn't it update less now and includes chink spyware?

Sad.

youtube.com/watch?v=0sOoCVBtfWo

Budget: 200±20€
Requirements:
pretty good battery capacity (specially for mobile data)
Minimal 720p resolution
Capable of running 720p@60
sd slot

kimovil.com/en/compare/asus-zenfone-3-laser-zc551kl-32gb,asus-zenfone-3-maxzc520tl3gb-32gb,motorola-moto-g4,motorola-moto-g4-2gb
I did my search and I seem to be more inclined to the Asus Zenfone 3 max. idk, Thoughts?

Also, how much will the Asus Zenfone 3 Max probably cost?

The Moto G4 series got updated to Nougat sooner than a lot of the flagship phones did. Also the spyware was only in a limited amount of China-only Lenovo phones, never in Motorola phones.

Redmi 4 pro NIGGAAA

thought I would tell him
but he has large screen phones there listed
probably some faggot who carries it his purse

No. Anyone making budget phones are chinks so eat shit Sup Forums

LACKING GENERALLY

I didn't even saw the size. what's an acceptable size or limit?

I'm trying to see if I can get it from a trustworthy shop here. so far no luck.

Best launcher for ricer faggots?

>inb4 download them all

nova is the most popular one
get it use it, have it as a reference point

Nova ofc.

I want the BlackBerry Mercury to be good!

Syncthing isn't downloading from F-Droid on my Moto G4 and now I'm afraid I'll have to go deeper into the botnet. I have been trying to avoid pairing a Google account to this phone for paranoid neckbeard reasons. the only reason I have a smartphone in the first place it's because I hate texting on a future phone and my normie family communicates to me through SMS, I also wanted a pocket-sized text editor. The G4's physical size makes it a little better at it than other smartphones.

I know retarded to be concerned about privacy when you have a smartphone but this is Sup Forums and I know you guys are paranoid neckbeards. how do I get software from Google Play while still being a paranoid neckbeard?
**especially concerned about my contacts and calendar events. I know Google will try to copy that shit**

>what's an acceptable size or limit?
That's completely down to your own preference, I've got tiny girl hands and yet I'm completely comfortable with a 5.5" size phone, some other people feel that anything over 5" is too big.

Go to a store and try demo models of different sizes

Keep bezel retardation in mind when using that information to consider other phones

>muh privacy
fuck off freetard.

I'm currently using a Nexus 5x, but I'm not very satisfied with the battery life. What is the most efficient custom ROM + kernel that I can use for maximum battery life? I don't do anything super intensive so performance isn't an issue as long as the response is still snappy.

We all do user. That way they get enough money to actually make a landscape keyboard version, but oh well.

Buy a Xiaomi phone

Can I buy a replacement smartphone camera? The one on my axon broke after a drop. The lens cover looks undamaged, so I assume the issue is the actual lens on the camera.
>pic related

The camera pops off of the motherboard very easily via a connector. I was wondering about the difficulty and price of procuring a replacement.

If it can come off the motherboard then yes, there will be spare parts available. No idea where but they'd exist.

How long do you guys keep your phones? I'm thinking of replacing my 4 year old Samsung Galaxy S4 since its gone down the shitter.

What are some good phones (max $250) that have a good camera, good battery life and is at least 5"?

I'm in the same boat as you. I was either thinking of going all out and getting a LG V20, Getting a used s5 for the 100x better screen or OP3 but maybe not since theres not even a sd card slot. My s4 runs well on CM13 but I feel like I need to upgrade because the screen ruins the battery life and idk, upgrade time and turn my s4 into a music player.

If you find anything decent let me know.

What do I need to put in my host file to make the 4chang ads go away

Am I the only one that thinks the back on the G6 looks like a removable plate? Maybe LG will keep the removable battery after all? The Japan-only LG V34 is an IP67 water proof version of the Lg v20 (with a smaller screen) while still having a removable battery so obviously they know how to do it.

usually for at least 5 years, see no reason to otherwise
im not some ape that drops shit constantly
my s3 that went without a case is still going strong to this day, but damn battery life is pretty much nonexistent.

Bought one of these recently

m.ebay.com/itm/182316417176

Besides a few micro scratches its pretty much perfect. Warranty checks out too though you'll probably need to make a fake invoice from Amazon or something

Did ZUI fix the Zuk z2 bugs now that you can update to Nougat?

>International unlocked Note 4 (no carrier shit)
>Exynos = fuckall for custom ROM development (The best I can get is a debloated stock ROM that's on L, and I'm on M)
>293 system apps listed in Root Uninstaller - research them for debloating purposes
>At least 196 items that can be removed/replaced

samsung why

>smatphone
Is this a meme now?

>TFW got trolled into getting this phone

what the fuck do I do NOW?

Is it worth installing cm/los without Play Services? Is there any appreciable battery improvement?

if it is, it makes it twice as hard to find the thread

if google play shows up in your battery usage largely sure

Has anyone figured the best solution for using a yubikey with a smartphone? I'm thinking of getting this with it and just use a piece of tape or velcro, but I'm really not sure if that would actually work.

I must be a pirate with a ships wheel for a dick, because this be driving me nuts. If I try to attach a picture(Attach->Picture->Gallery->Solid Explorer), it gives me this shit. I'm using the default Messages app on a rooted HTC 10, y'all got any ideas?

I don't like or use google play services. I just downloaded the APKs of things I liked using, twitch, instagram, snapchat, etc. Phone works 100x quicker and the battery life is almost 2x better.

Samsung s4 btw.

What's a good camera centric phone for $150 or below? I've already shortlisted the Mi4 and the nexus 5x. Anything else?

well?

>tfw spend $429 on a OP3T
>tfw I finally get it after 3 weeks
>tfw I try to pair it to my car's bluetooth and it fails
>tfw I go onto the OP forum and everyone has been having this same problem for a year on the OP3 and the OP3T
>tfw OP has no solution
>tfw my 10 year-old flip phone is better at handling the basic tasks than this POS

My OPO doesn't pair with any Bluetooth devices either, but neither did my old HTC One M7 for that matter.

Pretty sure it's just an Android thing

How do I block Sup Forums ads

Adaway isn't working

Clover.apk

delete phone

Okay, so I have to get a phone to have any effectiveness with the job search I will be doing. I want everyone to know I have autism so I will be getting a Tracfone.
>Do they make smart-tracfones that can do stuff off of Wifi
>What models would you recommend?

still using an iphone 5

sue me cunts

I wanna take screenshots on snapchats without the sluts from Tinder knowing. What do?

So only the Mi4c is the good camera on a phone below $150?

You can side load apps from files you download from the internet. There is also the Amazon app store called Amazon Underground, which lets you get apps with an Amazon account.

>lineage
>os

or maybe so

(gotta keep the kawaii face visible)

casper.io/

Broke my s6meme, this insurance I've been wasting my money on has a fucking $200 copay. Think I'm just gonna get a G4 Play instead. Anything else I should look at? Mostly just want a cheap, simple phone for normie shit on Verizon in the US. Mostly after decent battery life and expandable storage, secondarily a nice screen (brightness/colors).

Redmi Note 3 Pro International Edition or Redmi 4 Pro? Currently have a Redmi 3 16gb/2gb and it's getting pretty fucking unbearable due to ram management even with miui optimisation off.
They're both similarly priced in AUD
Leaning towards the RN3P (Kate) because of the better reception and 4g coverage. However, the Redmi 4 Pro does look like a solid phone with excellent battery and form factor.

Microg

So is the Samsung S8 the only good phone being released in the near future?
Was considering a Huawei Mate 9 Pro up until the S8 had equal or better specs.

Wish this wasn't the case as need a new phone myself. Shame it's been delayed to April.

20 minutes of youtube on my Nexus 6P reduced battery by 6% on 20% brightness and no other apps running. Is this normal?

came here for recommendations a while ago and you guys said moto g4 is gud.

phone has been excellent so far. thanks /spg/.

Best phone under 100 dollaroos that isn't Xiaomi Redmi 4A?

Camera, screen quality and ram are important.

Mi4c

>Smatphone General

What phone do you use and how many times has it fallen down?

Dude have you used the J7 Prime?! It's the best phone I've used in a while. I'm coming from an IPhone 5s. The battery is the best thing here. It on my usage lasts for 2.5 days. Swear on my mum.

I just put a 64gb microSD in my redmeme 3 pro

What can I use to move files (such as dcim folder) while maintaining timestamps/metadata etc so they dont get all fucked up and out of order and wrong date

fak u

Opinions about the Huawei P9 lite with cyanogenmod? Good or bad idea?

>people who unironically care about benchmark points
>implying there is literally any difference between flagships and entry level tier smartphones aside from the camera

Put the microSD card under your tongue. Clear your mind.

Synchronize your brain's frequency to the microSD'. Feel it. Start believing you are your phone.

meme3pro
3 times from about desk height

ever since I ordered my new smartphone I barely come to this place anymore.

I'll drop a review tho once it arrives.

>sony xperia x compact

Thought about the regular x too but I think the x compact is better for me needs. Also so small and comfy.

Name your phone and carrier.

i don't know how to answer calls on my Nexus 5X anymore

at some point they changed the answering to where you swipe up to pick up. as it stands i'm able to do this succesfully maybe 10% of the time. but i receive so few calls (and attempt to answer even fewer) that i have had very limited tries to troubleshoot it so i have no clue if it is just me doing the gesture wrong or there's something wrong with the phone

Yes. 10% per hour with the screen on is normal.

Am I some kind of static electricity generating Übermensch? Almost every phone I try has the touchscreen reacting way before I touch it. But nobody else seems to notice it.

Jack off before you touch the phone. It will alleviate the energy charge in your almonds and the problem will be gone.

Appreciate the reply. So in 1hr it would have eaten 18% of battery. Still normal?

Are any of the custom kernels available for an S6 objectively better than any other? Never bothered to root a device before.