Let's buy a really expensive and ugly """gaming""" laptop

>let's buy a really expensive and ugly """gaming""" laptop
>let's connect it to an ugly box aka external gpu when you game

are external GPU's just a meme? you would have saved a shitload of money if you just bought a normal laptop and a desktop, and by doing this you wouldn't look like some autistic paedophile you you used your laptop in public

It would have made sense if Apple did it though since macs are expensive and apple pretty much have given up on their desktops. they could have made a beautiful display with integrated GPU connected with one beautiful cable

>paedophile you you used your
>you you

(You)

Your lust for underage (You)s has betrayed you.

Why not buy a normal laptop and an external GPU so you can game at home like desktop?

I am tempted on buying a blade stealth purely because the spec/price ratio is so damn good in comparison to so many other shittops.

People who can't do math think they save money by using a single machine over two machines every time. "Because two is more expensive than one."
The same people also has problems managing two OSes/storage spaces, their autism want them to use the same environments/storage space for everything, and using a laptop + external GPU allows them to accomplish that.

This. If you buy a good desktop first, you're much less likely to make poor laptop decisions, since the whole point of a laptop (portability over power) becomes an acceptable compromise

People just jealous they don't have money to waste

If you already have a laptop it is cheaper than building a whole desktop

Do you already have a laptop with USB 3.1 gen 2?

Except that there is no reason to have a desktop and a laptop if you can have a workstation laptop and an external monitor for 2000€.
Unless you are >lololol gamin mustarrace XD and in that case is that way and mommy is calling you for dinner anyway so you better go

We're talking about full-sized GPUs here, starting with OP's post. If you don't play games you should fuck off back to your Friendly Gahnoo/Loonix thread.

>gpu using USB bandwidth and latency
sounds fucing epik!!1!1

>t. xXxPCMasterR4ceWeTheGaymersxXx
When you'll grow up you'll realize that GPUs sold as gaming equipment are literally a marketing strategy to get your daddy's money.
I have an Nvidia Tesla running 24/7 at full capacity in my uni's lab, and still think that having anything more than a powerful laptop is pointless for an end user.
Consider ending thyself

>what is thunderbolt 3
>what is an xps15

Not something most people think of when you say to be using a laptop you already have to save money

Right

Gaming is where the money is.
Your Nvidia Tesla is running in some desktop/server and your laptop is separate. If anything, you should be on my side, supporting desktop/laptop separation!

>Expensive
1k for decent specs and battery life
>Ugly
true

The external gpu idea is great imo I wish XPS 15 could work with this.

I'm not, because there's a difference between investing your money into duplicate hardware and investing less money in a comfy machine and cloud computing your shit when needed (either for free or at a fraction of the cost).
But sure, I see your point and this discussion is pointless like 101% of threads in this shithole

If I got one, I'd cover the shitty logo with a sticker or something to hide the shame

Youre're and idiot

>The external gpu idea is great imo
Not OP but did you miss the bit where the enclosures alone are insanely expensive and don't include a GPU? That bit's important. Yeah, 1K for a laptop with a mediocre by desktop standards CPU and an average screen. Then a further ~$500 for a mediocre GPU and enclosure. Oh hey, those $1500 could have bought you a better than mediocre desktop amd a good laptop, fancy that.

i wouldn't use one, anything portable is gonna run hot as fuck until it throttles or melts, any workstation replacement is gonna have a discrete graphics card anyway

Same im on the fence, I might get one and write it off on my taxes.

>display with integrated GPU
Why aren't these a thing yet?