/wt/ - Watch Thread

Smooth sweep edition

This thread is about the appreciation of watches, as well as the micro-engineering and materials engineering that are required to make a fine watch.

>Required Viewing For Newbies:
youtu.be/508-rmdY4jQ

>Strap Guide:
pastebin.com/SwRysprE

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.co.uk/itm/Omega-Extremely-Rare-Vintage-Omega-Speedmaster-2915-3-Very-difficult-to-find-/222385904417
amazon.com/Casio-G-Shock-Classic-Digital-Watch/dp/B01A7IL94K/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Whats a good skeleton watch with leather straps?

do non shitty fliegers

can anyone recommend a decently tough electronic watch under?

thoughts on homages?

dw5600
yes
timex ironman

thankyou,
good sir!

There isn't one, they are all ugly as fuck.

They're also shit unless you spend a fortune.

Just get an F-91W. They are cheap enough to throw away and get another when they break.

New Mako II turned up today, very happy with it, but still feel like maybe i should have gone for the USA 2, i just couldn't resist that Pepsi look though.

Snk809 depending on what u call non shitty there's also the orient flight which may be out of your price range

Looks pretty good mate. What is the difference between a mako and a ray?
Out of interest ofc

Just the look of the face/bezel as far as i'm aware, exactly the same otherwise.

hands too

This or Snow Frake?

Snow frake.

for the same price? snow flake

I'm really not a fan of those silver sunburst dials. Snowflake for sure.

hnggggg

the best answer SNOW

>throwing away your loyal F91W instead of fixing it
how about you throw yourself away fag

Picked up a new watch the other day Sup Forums. Paying for things at the store using Apple Pay has gotten me some odd looks buts it's super convenient.

It cost a lot of Canadaland pesos but it's great.

>it's great.

It's by far the best smart watch I've owned. The others don't even compare to how good this thing is.

Controlling the lights in the house with a watch is pretty cool too.

Sorry your watch isn't as cool or useful dude.

That's like saying "my brain cancer was by far the least aggressive cancer I've ever had"

> comparing the best smart watch on the market to cancer

I love posting when I get new apple stuff. It never fails to amaze me how mad you autists get.

f91w

That is actually my dream Seiko. It's perfection. Never understood why so many people like the snowflake. It's too big for a watch with that minimal design. It has an ugly bulky looking case. It has an ugly power reserve indicator.

There was a NOS seiko 6246 on yahoo jp auctions a few days ago. Was bidding on it but 221k yen was too much for me. There's an SBGR095 up right now for 498k yen.

I guess just keep a look out m8.

Get out

No no, I was comparing all smart watches to cancer.

R8

>$400

lol poorfag

red bull/10

Didn't even bother to exit the store?

400$ for a watch that does way more than tell the time. It's a pretty good price desu~

yes but it doesn't help you with your poor trolling skills 0/10 try again next time with a fossil watch

I dig the case. Looks perfect with a bracelet like this (apparently a NOS NSA bracelet).

Can anyone help me, I'm trying to find the dimensions of the Rolex Batman GMT but having no luck. Anyone know what are its dimensions? lug to lug, thickness, diameter and so on.

Hello, is this steinhart?

From what I could find:

40mm diameter
12.4mm thickness
20mm lug width
47mm lug to lug

No why would I? It's called trying before you buy. Also I'm gauging reactions.
Wow that is a really nice combo m8.

I'm looking for a solid chronograph, my current toss up is El Primero or a broad arrow Speedmaster.
What are some other great chronos under 5k?

Had a look at some other shops in my city too, pic related

I wasn't ever trying to troll. I posted my new watch in the watch thread, that's it.

>Batman GMT
You mean blue and black maxi-case horror?

Do yourself a solid, get a 16710.

>Never understood why so many people like the snowflake. It's too big for a watch with that minimal design. It has an ugly bulky looking case. It has an ugly power reserve indicator.

I'm glad I'm not the only one.

The finishing and quality is clearly impressive. But it's just not appealing.

And the they are in fact huge.

>can anyone recommend a decently tough electronic watch under?
cheapest g-shock

haha no, I'm trying to figure out if its too large for me

thanks cheers

one of my friends is looking to get a solid daily watch for about 100€, he doesn't care for movements and stuff so a quartz

apart from the obvious seiko and citizen, isn't timex pretty good in the price range? he likes the designs

Bro why did you not buy this?

ebay.co.uk/itm/Omega-Extremely-Rare-Vintage-Omega-Speedmaster-2915-3-Very-difficult-to-find-/222385904417

I went for it.

I've never tried it on so it's a shot in the dark. But after reading reviews it seems like a quality watch.

How do you know I didn't?

Congrats user

Gorgeous

I voted for the red tipped seconds hand but w/e

>$50000

this must be faked ridiculous price for a franken

If it means anything, the SUN date font in this version is red.

Who here uses a radio controlled watch and what do you think of it? Post pics if you've got them.

I contacted casio to ask if the radio would be able to reach me in Southern Ontario (Canada) but the answer I got back was "Yes, but other factors may make it difficult". This seems a bit cryptic to me, does this mean it will work but take an hour to update or some days it will work and others it wont?

Pic related was attached in the email.

I though from the thumbnail you bought a Seiko 5. Maybe you should look up its S5 equivalent on the Seiko 5 Finder and get that one too.

I live in DC and my GShock has trouble getting a signal from the Colorado station, while indoors

So it is just a regular watch which gets reset when you are outside or does it not work at all?

>This seems a bit cryptic to me
it means "you can't blame us if it doesn't," and "you're always going to be a number of milliseconds off due to the distance anyway."

Also, watches that sync with a radio signal don't really function any differently than a regular watch for most people. I'd sooner just stick with a non-radio watch or go GPS.

I get a better signal outside, but it's just inconsistent. Which is annoying.

Protipp: Indoors kills the radio watch.

I have a radio sync desk clock in the mall I work in and the structure blocks DCF77 completely. According to this map I'm less than 800km from it and it just doesn't work.

The clock is already -6s from atomic time, so I should take it for a walk or something.

doesn't it only need to receive a signal once a day? what's the problem?

It doesn't need to receive a signal ever. It just wont sync to a signal if there's no signal.

>I'm really not a fan of those silver sunburst dials.
Silver dials, hands and indices are a bag combination in my experience; it's impossible to see the time with the sun reflecting off all that shit on your dial.

Needs more contrast.
In this case, go the frake. The other variants of that model, the costlier gold ones, look nicer I think.

Dimensions are one thing, but it looks bigger than the specs would have you think due to the way the case is shaped.

Really have to try it on to gauge properly whether or not it looks too bulky on you.

>>apart from the obvious seiko and citizen, isn't timex pretty good in the price range? he likes the designs
Timex is fine.
One thing people complain about in regards to their analog quartz is the loud ticking compared to alternatives.

oooh, that's nice.

TICK

>The clock is already -6s from atomic time, so I should take it for a walk or something.
kek

What's a neat slav watch to buy used under 150€? Do 3133's fall into that price category?
>inb4 buying used slav watches
I will try to inform myself thoroughly before doing anything.

The snowflake really could be like 2mm smaller.

/wt/'s opinion on doxa dive watches?

>doxa
I would suggest doing some research into this mess of a company before even considering one of its products.

Short gist:
>Swiss name that's been ressurrected by fuckers
> Shilled and made famous again by a hack american fiction writer and those that wish to LARP as his main character
>Made in china, not really swiss, but the prices would fool you
>Swiss "office" is literally just a post box
>other fuckery involved in general customer service that' too much to get into here

If you're talking genuine vintage doxa, that's another story. Modern "doxa" is for the discerning and easily fooled.

If none of that bothers you, I think the designs are nice. But there are too many reasons as to why I wouldn't buy one, and the designs aren't enough to outweigh this.

For that price, you should rather buy a Certina.

At least get one without the God awful maxi case.

Vostok Amphibia, Raketa 2609.HA, Vostok 24xx, Poljot alarm watches, Slava day-date automatics, etc. I doubt you'll find a 3133 under 150€.

Is there this

amazon.com/Casio-G-Shock-Classic-Digital-Watch/dp/B01A7IL94K/

But cheaper anywhere?

Target and walmart had it for 38 dollars for a while. But it looks like that's about as cheap as you're going to be able to get it right now.

Hm. Is there a different model I could grab or should I just fork over the cash?

You might be able to get one of those huge round ones slightly cheaper. Otherwise, it's good.

Why are royal oaks so fucking expensive

why aren't ferraris $10k

Paint costs

Haven't posted in quite a while.

A few new arrivals, to post later on.

Nice watch does the lm stand for lord marvel?
What's the point of that likr what's so special with LM

Finally got around to taking out the manufacturing piece of metal that was lodged in the amphibia. In the case on the left.

I have a couple watches where the hour hand points directly at the index at five minutes past for example, is that an easy fix or do I have to remove the hands and replace them?

you will have to remove the hands and replace them

Guess I'll give it a shot, can't be that hard.

Remove and replace. Don't go twisting the hand on its pinion, you'll be stripping gear teeth.

spectrum plot of audio recorded from my two tuning fork watches, an Accutron 214 and a Longines Ultronic. Peak at 360 for the Accutron and 300 for the Ultronic.

thoughts on bulova?

How do you store your watches? I'm out of space.

sup

They can be good
The watch you posted is an exception

Also wheres lawyeranon been the last few threads I haven't seen him for a while

>not going fo the GPS satellite-controlled
lawyeranon was right familia