Why do normies almost exclusively use laptops instead of desktops?

Why do normies almost exclusively use laptops instead of desktops?

You can figure this out
You're not that retarded
I believe in you

You can show off a laptop, you can't show off a desktop

normies are ALL about the social signalling

I can't think like a normie

>Poor people don't have enough space to set up a desktop
>You can buy a laptop from a retail store and comfortably take it home
>You can take your laptop to work
>You can take your laptop to bed
>You can take your laptop to the living room sofa
>You don't have to worry about extra cables for your monitor or core peripherals; it's all in one device
>A lot of people are not interested in physical specs, and would rather just a device that werks for their Facebook, their Microsoft Office and Netflix

A literal sign of autism

I have both a laptop and a desktop, but dekstops are so much more comfy.

If you say so

normies leave the house

I don't consider myself a normie, but I only use a desktop computer at work. At home, it's a lot more convenient to just move my laptop around.

Laptops became more than powerful enough for normies years ago. Most normies don't even buy a new one until Windows shits out and it's "broken."

Laptop is cooler and more futuristic? beside laptop is more comfy and you can bring them everywhere? like how can you stay all day in your basement? It's good for your mental health to library and enjoy yourself there.

the right answer
also notice how Sup Forums talks a lot about laptops and smartphones

They don't live in basements and they walk out? With their computers?

If I wasn't playing games I would buy a laptop too. When I get bored of them I might sell my desktop and buy a laptop.

laptop in bed is very comfy and you can use it at a desk if you need to do srs bsns

No reason to not have a laptop unless you're doing serious workstation-load stuff.

Power.

The only consumer activity that requires the power a desktop can provide is gaming. And the gap between acceptable graphics and top of the line is getting smaller.

So laptops are quieter, run cooler and are portable. The question should really be, why are you using a desktop?

I only have laptops and tablets. I dont see why i have to sit in a chair.

Temperature. I dont have to elaborate

>laptops are quieter, run cooler
wot

with a laptop you have a fan spinning right in front of your face

>A lot of people are not interested in physical specs, and would rather just a device that werks for their Facebook, their Microsoft Office and Netflix

A lot of people? It seems like you are living in a seriously distorted bubble.
MOST people don't care about AAA games AT ALL. Most people use hardware-challenging programs exclusively at work.
At home they need something to browser the web and do light office stuff, mail, maintain some casual photo library and nothing more.

If you really think the majority of people has hardware needs beyond a laptop-CPU from a few years ago then you should start socializing with people fast, you obviously haven't left your basement for quite some time.

That's what he said you dullard

normie here how much would it cost me for a desktop
don't wanna spend no more than $400

mac mini base model is 499

only if you use a shitty laptop

my laptop fan only turns on when doing full screen video for extended amount of time

Oh you

Because there is literally no reason to own a desktop or use case that justifies a desktop instead of cloud computing, unless your whole identity is defined by videogames, and even then you'd do much better to invest the money in a gun or some rope to end your life.
I'm not even kidding.

most people use their computers for browsing web/facebook/music etc. why would they need a desktop and external monitor for that? laptops are much more convenient, mobile and affordable. Apple is even pushing ipad as a laptop replacement, so this trend goes further.

>laptops
>run cooler
In what universe?

most the people with new laptops use the touch screen, im thinking wtf why use a touchscreen on a laptop your sat down and literally next to a keyboard.

I have a laptop. I can take it to uni.

Because most people are retarded.

Well they are.