Why is pic related the only person in this day and age who seems to be pushing technology to progress the world?

Why is pic related the only person in this day and age who seems to be pushing technology to progress the world?

He isn't, he's just the most public figure.

Do you think no one else on earth is doing anything to advance technology in the fields that Musk's companies are in?

Because capitalism rewards degeneracy, not progress.

He's actually an alien from the future.

Then who else is making such an effort to push the human race into a more advanced age? Please enlighten me so i can also follow their progress.

Shit posting isn't really contributing to the discussion my friend.

Create an Expensive electric cars
That you Can only drive 300miles
And
Create a Expensive way to launch shit to Space that fail more than 95%
Is It innovation ?

this

capitalism may be the best thing there is but it's neither good still nor is the world doing it right

because roborts and imingarants are gilling our jerrbs :DDD

this guy

too busy partying on bitcoin island

>overpriced electric cars with shitty range
>Murderous self driving car nonsense

Lmao

>overpriced
model 3 will cost $35k

>murderous
videos seem to prove the opposite

:/ sorry bud

I'd really like to know the sleep schedule of him. He looks tired all the time.

>has to deal with lazy workers
>has to deal with government bodies
>has to deal with media
on a daily basis, even if you're SOMEHOW getting some revolutionary sleep, you'll still look like shit purely due to environment.

The people who work for him.

I'm pretty impressed with his work ethic. He has a shitload to deal with on a daily basis and has a bunch of kids too.

Some weeks I'll be here 65-70 hours and I'll see Musk mulling around pretty much the same hours as me.

t. SpaceX wageslave

All of these plebs judging a modern day god. Neither of you will ever amount to anything.

There so many gems buried behind the memes

Why doesn't he try to push for progress in robotics so we can finally get robo waifus? Electric, self-driving cars and space travel is nice but not as important.

We don't need cars that can drive themselves.

We don't need to go to Mars.

We don't need hyper-speed transports from Las Vegas to Los Angeles.

He's wasting his talent and his considerable resources on shit we don't fucking need and not putting the talent and resources towards things that we do.

Typical dreamer: this world is fucked up so let's find a way to leave it so we can start fucking up another one.

>stupid fucking people will be the death of us all

>Why doesn't he try to push for progress in robotics
You should see some of the automated welding machines we have at SpaceX. I can't wait for my robot welding waifu.

Kobe>

40k people are killed in the US by car accidents, over 90% of those are caused by human error that would be prevented by AI which has already been proven to be far safer than human ai, leading to nearly as perfect a safety rating as is possible by 2020, you're a silly fool for thinking autonomous cars will do anything but save thousands of lives every year, not to mention boost our economy and energy efficiency, why do people not use their brains honestly

>Why doesn't he try to push for progress in robotics so we can finally get robo waifus? Electric, self-driving cars and space travel is nice but not as important.
why was this very important post deleted?

He has a point, why aren't cybernetic humanoids as advanced as I was promised they would be in 2017?

He is trying to open up a space market for commercial interest.

There are thousands of people doing applied science around the world that are the real ones advancing our technology inch by inch.

>safer than human ai
>human ai
do you even know what ai stands for?

>>There are thousands of people doing applied science around the world that are the real ones advancing our technology inch by inch.
I normally agree, but as a field space is an outlier. The problem is that without SpaceX and Blue Origin, nobody was using the advances mentioned to further space technology/spacefaring. Instead, the incumbents continued to twiddle with 40+ year old designs, making inscrutable changes every few years and making mad govbucks doing it.

Solar/batteries/EVs certainly benefit from Tesla pushing forward, but all of that has gained enough momentum on its own that it all would've come about and become dominant without Tesla's presence (albeit a bit more slowly).

>implying talent is a universal resource that can just be diverted to any other possible application at will
>implying hyperloop wouldn't be a serious improvement for national and international infrastructure

obviously it was a typo

Progress the world? He doesn't denounce Trump, he doesn't follow enough females on twitter, he follows too many females on instagram. He's literally the patriarchy and white savior: the person.

Keep falling for that marketing you ignoramus.

Africa never invented any techno---

This is the noisy pathetic luddite shit I've ever heard in my life. If it were up to people like you the toaster would have never been invented.

>Pushing technology
Rocket explodes due to problem solved by NASA and the Russians in the 50's.
Car door handles stop working due to problem solved over a hundred years ago.
Copies Solar Shingles, adds light blocking pigments to make them less efficient.

Name one thing he has invented. He is a modern day Edison, steels ideas and markets them.

you'll get funding one day, user :3

He's like that dude from Die another day.
>There's plenty of time to sleep when you're dead

>steels

His company (maybe him, maybe his engineers, dunno) have made many innovations in rocketry. Landing a spent rocket tank upright is no easy feat, especially on a floating platform. That's just one thing.

Again, I don't know how much he was behind that. I do know he isn't some clueless CEO, he actually does know a lot of the science, but I don't know how hands-on he is or if he's anywhere near his engineer's level of knowledge.

>we don't need to ensure the survival of the human species and life in general

Just kys and get it over with.

Captain Obvious is here

Because only governments are able to fund basic science and technology

Western democracies just give their money to rich people and the soviet union doesn't exist anymore

Going from telegraph to cellphones in 40 years simply won't happen anymore

If it feels like technology is the same and innovation is painfully slow, that's because no one funds basic science, only short term research exists

Unfortunately not many "entrepreneurs" can get unlimited government handouts to run their businesses

>not many
By not many, do you mean pretty much anyone?

what does his dick taste like, OP?

Show me another guy who was given a free billion dollar factory factory

He's pretty hands on at SpaceX at least. I work in welding and the times I've talked to him he is pretty damn knowledgable about the domain. He also works like crazy so there is a certain respect for that. He's definitely not the best engineering mind here, and I doubt he would ever say he is, but the guy legit does know his shit.

He also pushes cost cutting and efficiency like crazy, which is arguably our biggest innovation. You should see some of the piece of shit CNC machines we use compared to our competitors. But hey, it does save money.

Pretty much any of the major US automakers, although I guess those aren't considered "entrepreneurs".

No, none of them got free factories and they don't have their vehicles subsidised either.

They got a bailout in 08-09 valued at around $28 billion dollars. After the Treasury sold off their equity stake, the losses to US taxpayers were around $9 billion.

Also, specifically regarding factories, other automakers take advantage of the same kind of tax incentives Tesla does when setting up new facilities.

>they don't have their vehicles subsidised either.
You mean aside from general bailouts and tax incentives to set up factories? How about the fact that their entire fleet of products runs on a resource, oil, that is extremely heavily subsidized. Without the subsidies to the petroleum industry, ranging from direct subsidies to more indirect ones like our foreign policy and military spending to ensure global access to middle eastern oil reserves over the past 70 plus years, traditional ICE cars would be significantly more expensive.

You're an idiot.

its all mostly pipedream bullshit with no basis in real world economics

>Landing a spent rocket tank upright
NASA did it decades ago, it wasn't financially viable then, or now.

What?

South Africa is not nigger africa.
Point case, no country operates harder than them.

Someone is desperately trying to hate someone... But why, user?

Tesla is not profitable yet. SpaceX technically is, but they only have one customer, NASA, so they get an asterisk. He didn't even have anything to do with hyperloop, and anyways, none of the hyperloop companies have successful technology.

Elon Musk is a bubble. No one cares whether or not he is making real money right now, but eventually they will. When that happens, everyone is going to abandon ship and all of his companies will flop.

Fukushima get

because you're a pleb who's only interested in consumer tier shit

Here's the thing, anons. Humanity is in it's "last hurrah" right now: we tried democracy + capitalism, and while it's the least bad system that humans have implemented, it still has terrible effects. Constant war and military presence in poorer countries. Tragedy of the commons problems like our now-destroyed global ecosystem (the polar ice caps are like earth's radiator and they will soon be gone, wreaking havoc on ocean temperatures and thus food chains). Another one is the drive for media companies to produce sensational, but false, news that riles up their audience against some other segment of humans.

Elon Musk and his companies might very well be the last good by-product of capitalism and democracy: A man driven so strongly by the hero narrative we cultivated, and by the ideals of science fiction, that he may wield himself so fully as a weapon for positive change that he overcomes the pitfalls all other businessmen have fallen into.

Listen to this user, he knows a thing or two.