Do we still use this or is there a new thing I should be using instead?

Do we still use this or is there a new thing I should be using instead?

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/gorhill/uMatrix/releases/
github.com/StevenBlack/hosts
twitter.com/AnonBabble

uMatrix

ublock origin

i used noscript for a long time. It's a pain in the ass in comparison

Yeah, there's this thing that everybody is using now. Use that instead of that thing.

>Do we still use this
No.

>or is there a new thing I should be using instead?
Yes. github.com/gorhill/uMatrix/releases/

why the fuck do you make a new thread for this?

github.com/StevenBlack/hosts

They're not the same thing, retard

>tfw too intelligent for uMatrix

>Do we still use this
>we
I use it. IMO it is wonderful. I have been using it for years. Back then there was no legitimate alternative. And if I remember correctly, NoScript ONLY worked on Firefox. So you couldn't use it on other popular browsers (Chromium, Chrome, Opera).

>is there a new thing I should be using instead?
What you *should* be doing is working to understand why you would want to use a script blocker in the first place. If you understand what a script blocker is protecting you from then you won't need to start threads that unintentionally seem like bait.

NoScript still works, I still use it. NoScript still only works with FF. The addon uMatrix is a script blocker that works with other browsers. uMatrix (and uBlock) are the new FotM on Sup Forums. That doesn't mean they aren't great addons, it just means they popular.

The most important thing you can do IMO is understand what it is you are trying to do. Else, tomorrow you will actually attempt to install Gentoo.

I see nothing in noscript that isnt in umatrix and ublock supersedes umatrix

>he enables Javascript

>ublock supersedes umatrix

ublock and umatrix supersede HTTP switchboard
they are meant to be used in parallel

I dunno about everybody else, but I still use NoScript because it's more than just script blocking (XSS filter, HSTS list, plugin blocking, etc.)

switched to umatrix last week, its way easier to deal with than noscript

redpill me on why blocking javascript is a good thing

why is noscript a thing

>noscript just blocks javascript
>i like to run untrusted code
get

Do you enjoy broken websites?

used it since 2004

lern2configure your stuff
also to knowing how websights work goes a long way too

99.9% of vulnerabilities are exploited through Javascript, whether the vulnerability is in Javascript or Javascript is used as the vehicle for delivery.
The vast majority of advertising also makes use of Javascript for delivery.

These two things are totally not related.

Lots of websites make your browser execute JavaScript that is not needed for the website features that you use. NoScript lets you stop that unnecessary code from executing.

It's a good idea because a lot of the unnecessary code is for advertising or tracking and sometimes worse.

NoScript is also a nice way to judge a website. Good websites don't run bullshit on your computer. Compare Sup Forums.org to tmz.com, and you'll see what I mean.

It's malware, don't use it.

Use Chrome and install ScriptSafe, practically the same thing.

Here's an updated guide how to use fine grained control in ublock. It gives what most users would want out of umatrix. If you need extremely fine grained control over what is allowed, then you would want umatrix.

Still using noscript + request policy

Why anyone would recommend this shit over NoScript is beyond me desu.