Is the iphone no longer a status symbol?

Is the iphone no longer a status symbol?

i think the gay community still uses it as a symbol

it never was

It still is. It just doesn't symbolize what people who own one think it does. What an iPhone or any other iShit immediately tells me about a person is that they're not technologically inclined and are easily deceived by very transparent marketing techniques that by now even a two year old shouldn't fall for.

For blacks it is.

Also why doesn't Apple have a general?

Nice blog

Not really. Except for mostly black people and "Artists". (At college). Honestly people I've noticed are increasingly either being mocked for buying it. Or people are joking about Apple products as many busineeses are using them for the business phones and computers.

>Also why doesn't Apple have a general?
Seriously, Apple should have a general, it would be easier to filter all Apple shit.

Exactly what I was implying son.

spotted the bitter poors

pixel costs the same as an iphone

Yawn

Nah its not. Maybe with poorer black, most of us dont give a shit.
-Source: Black person

No, because you no longer buy the phone for its full cost but instead pay part of the cost monthly, making even people on welfare capable of getting the latest iPhone.

Its only a status symbol for dumb amerifats

True.

But for me, my parents only will pay for iShit or Samshit phones now.

Sorry mate you're gonna have to cite a source I can trust.

I bought it at full cost. My grandfathered plan won't let me subsidize or pay over time.

Of course not everyone does it, I'm just saying that something achievable by anyone can't be a status symbol.

iPhone is dum
Sent from my pixel

is that shitty plastic looking phone in the picture supposed to make a point?

i have one but don't see it that way
i finally got fed up with all the bloat and bullshit that carriers and manufacturers were forcing onto every android phone
had verizon so many of the bootloaders were locked

fucking jews need to stop their bullshit or a second holocaust is gonna happen

I noticed that when looking up reviews of the LG V20, a lot of black guys had this phone and put up videos. Do black guys gravitate more towards Android, particularly LG? I say "guys" because obviously girls tend to have iPhones.

If you think iPhones are expensive, you're the one who's poor, my man.

how about buying a proper phone instead of falling for the free phone meme and being disappointed?

i use ios but it's retarded when people buy some random 3rd world india htc phone and are disappointed with the level of support offered.

Symbol for cell-phone addicts who have nothing of consequence in their pathetic life but staring at a phone while crossing busy streets: Either they're the autistic retard kids or they're suicide walkers trying to get killed by a texting driver to escape their pathetic, shallow, meaningless lives and unfriends.

Serious reply: it hasn't been since tim cocks tainted the aplel vibe.

People with iPhones are now ashamed of showing their gay phone in public and less people are buying them.

It's so bad that apple has gone from 30% market share to 10% market share in less than a decade.

Fact is most people don't condone homosexuality and understand scientists/doctors are either fucking retarded or being controlled by jews when they refuse to label homosexuality as a mental disorder.

The iphone never was a status icon. Everyone and their mothers have had one. It's a fashion accessory

Interesting how fast the topic focus got lost and no one answers the question, but that's why I like this shit

I see that people see an IPhone as an status Symbole as long as they WANT it.
As soon as they GOT it, they get used to it, it isn't something so special anymore and everyone seems to have one, so you started feeling special, but at the end of the day you start to feel mainstream - but, you start to get paranoid, too.
Why? Bc you got a 700€ (yeah I'm a €guy) phone what doesn't have much value besides its price and it's look for you, so you can easily forget it subconsciously, but u don't want to forget it anywhere bc you would lose a cool ass high priced phone which now has the only purpose as an accessoire as its only benefit is that it has a big hype and everything else is partly better done in other phones.

So, yeah, status symbole until 1-3 month after you bought it.

android phones are similarly priced. You seem to be the bitter poor here.

It displays a modicum of social functionality, not wealth.

When I see somebody with an iPhone, I know they are most likely a reasonable and well-adjusted person.

When I see somebody with an Android device, they are usually:

1. black
2. a neckbeard

and I know to avoid them in either case

Nice plastic poorfag

That's actually why I switched to Android. IPhone just was boring as fuck after 2 weeks or so. I was stuck with a phone I didn't give a shit about for another 2 years because American phone companies are garbage with the contracts.

More like millions of Nigerians and Indians have smartphones now.

A phone should be boring. It's a phone.

I still use an iPhone 5 and I still get security updates for it. The only reason I have a smartphone in the first place is because I need things like maps sometimes. Also everybody in my country talks through LINE nowadays, so not having one means not being able to keep in touch (somebody somewhere is rubbing his hands Jewishly over this)

I don't understand people who want 4K resolution or dual SD card slots or whatever, but don't give a fuck that they're running some hardware-backdoored Chinese shit on a Java-bloated OS that stops getting updates after a year. And they have the nerve to call others tech illiterate.

That.. Toys R Us app??

>t. aluminium bender

god it makes my blood boil when a nigger quotes 3000000 people in a thread so everyone has to read your opinion

kys

>replying to bait to prove this didnt hurt my feelings

Post wallpaper

Wrong. Even poor people can get loans/ credit cards/ contracts/ leases. Why do you think they stay poor decades after decades?

Anyway globally the iphone is seen as a symbol of homosexuality so most get a co tract with whatever lg and samshit shit out that year.

Well I had a 3 paragraph response to you where it would further the discussion and all that.

But then I realized your kind of a twat and I didn't care to continue with this.

Good day.

Niggers have whatever android device they stole at gunpoint from some poor sap at the bus, but i've never seen one with flagship htc or sony phones, feels good man.

yes

t. NodeJS artist

>1000USD high end
>status symbol
for who? the lower middle class?

kek poorfag

jailbroken ios is literally the goat tier mobile os, although it's gotten shittier as time goes on with this "semi-untethered" bullshit

>tfw still got untethered ios9 on my 6s+

if the G wasn't there, I'd have guessed its an iPhone 6

I guess iPhone is still a status symbol, considering every smartphone tries to copy and be like it

>autistic nigger gets trigggered on a mongolian cave painting forum

God you're such a disgusting filthy nigger, stay mad poor fucking peasant.

>Green bubble imessage fags

You may think its irrelevant, but it really isn't.

Samsung Galaxies are the new status symbol. Iphones are for people that dont know galaxies and cant install many apps because the limited space of iphones

>needing to install Chinese Spyware to download any software you want

Go to Twitter and look up green bubble. Post the result.

>only Pixel that matters, the Pixel XL 128GB model, is basically a unicorn at this point
>can't get one anywhere, at most any price except craigslist scams
>asking if an iPhone matters

I could go to Walmart at 2AM and buy a 128GB iPhone 7 if I wanted to, can't buy a Pixel XL 128GB even if I was Warren Buffet or Bill Gates at this point.

Is the iPhone a status symbol? Probably not but I can fucking buy one at WALMART AT 2AM.

The status that conveys is that it means something.

i don't see how it can claim that prize when samsung makes phones that are almost $1,000 and people snatch them up like hotcakes

Is the iphone really a status symbol if it is one of the best selling phones in the US?

>complains about "wasting money" on a gaming laptop
>spends 600-700 on an iphone

I'd much rather have a laptop with a quad core i7 and a GTX 970m and a flip phone than a fucking iphone.