He still uses cash

>he still uses cash

lmaoing at ur life

Other urls found in this thread:

ipsit.bu.edu/documents/mobisys11.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>we already have all your personal information and fingerprints, now we want to control your money too

Android DNA storage when?

>he allows corporations to collect even more data about him

Good goy

Enjoy your botnet

>allowing governments to steal from your own handwork under the guise of taxation
Enjoy your roads

Serious question but is using Android/Apple Pay any worse than using a generic credit card? The CC companies are already tracking you and selling your data to third parties. At least Google doesn't sell the actual data, only the targeting, and I trust Google/Apple with security much more than I trust the CC companies or credit reporting agencies.

>he is using a botnet just to buy things

WEW lad i thought you had to be smart to browse Sup Forums

>thinks the accelerometer can't accurately identify the sequence of removing a wallet and replacing it with GPS coords.

ipsit.bu.edu/documents/mobisys11.pdf

you guys don't use debt cards? that is all it is

I know right?

>2017
>not buying your hemorrhoid cream with your official google pay and posting it to your twitter followers on autoupdate.

ITT: No one actually knows how android pay works

lmao

except him

Why worry about botnets if you don't have anything to hide?

Shh, you can't say stuff that is true and makes sense on Sup Forums you should know by now.

>you should know by now.
Sometimes I forget and make the mistake of assuming the posters here are better informed than I am. And for the record, I'm not usually very well informed.

>use cash
>nobody knows what I buy from where, when

>Use Android pay
>Google and every advertiser now knows that every Saturday I stop at riteaid, pick up the cheapest condos available, and head to a notorious gaybar

yikes you've never used android pay

well first of all i would never use android
secondly i dont buy anything

and last but not least,

>condos
Cash user who is too poor to open a CC account doesn't even know how to spell. Why am I not surprised?

>and last but not least,
....blank. Are you cash users really this dumb? I bet you Pajeets are still pissed about that whole Indian currency demonetisation.

>i thought you had to be smart to browse Sup Forums

How on earth did you come to that conclusion?

>he uses debit and not a credit card with 2-5% cashback and no annual fee

Literally failing on purpose.

>Credit card
>Cashback meme

Back to APay I don't bother cause my credit union doesn't support it and I prefer cash on hand. What I'm more interested in is to see if that concept from Amazon of PoS being completely phased out goes anywhere.

>you guys don't use debt cards? that is all it is
explain please

>2017
>not rooting his android

>cash on hand
>lose wallet
>gets returned stripped of cash

>credit card
>get an effective 2-5% off every purchase
>increase credit score and lower lending costs over time
>get extended warranty on all electronics
>lose wallet
>someone retarded enough to use the card gets their ass pounded
>lose no money because protections
>gets returned with no money to strip

I dont understand this concept at all

Why would i get my phone out over my card, there is no difference in speed. In fact as i understand it you have to unlock your phone for this to work

Android/Samsung pay just create a virtual debit card tied to your bank account. Literally the same shit as PayPal.

It's a really forgetful feature for me to remember since I already instinctively grab for my wallet when I'm at a checkout. The only time I ever use it is if I'm at a McDonald's or a store I am 100% certain accepts android pay.

>Hi, I don't know how financial institutions work and the legalities of anything I say

-The post

And you have to open the app and turn the payment function on.

I always see people staring at their phone getting shit ready to pay at the counter then nervously tapping their phone on the machine and act like they're on the bleeding edge.

Then I pull out my card, hover it over the machine for a second and put it in my wallet. Pointless layers.

Also you pull out your card anyways when the retailer doesn't support NFC, so it doesn't help you carry less.

yes he is literally asking how those things work, here let me do you

>Hi, I'm fucking stupid

>not using Samsung pay

I don't carry a massive wad of cash on me everywhere I go, user, I just prefer it over my cards especially with the places I frequent, and not like I really need anything to help with my credit rating these days.

>he doesn't do google opinion rewards either

the point is:
>use android pay
> I stop at riteaid, pick up the cheapest condos available, and head to a notorious gaybar
they will now target ads of similar things toward you. you still get 100% ads but they are catered towards your strange obsessions

I was replying to the "sell your data" part. Should have quoted. That was my bad.

OK, so I fully admit I may be an idiot and misinformed, but don't CC companies and the credit rating bureaus sell certain data? Isn't that how you end up with millions of CC applications and offers in the mail?

Android Pay and Apple Pay are super cool and I use it everywhere that accepts it, but it's not that useful if you don't know if the store even accepts it and will only make you look like a giant faggot if you have to ask the middle-aged cashier if the terminal will allow you to hover your phone over it. On the bright side, Google will now remind you if you've entered a store that accepts that form of payment.

Personally, I think this technology is a lot more helpful for things like vending machines. I hate having to shove wrinkled dollar bills in them and I don't trust their card readers.

>phone dies
>you're broke

>industry copying apple again
>mfw when google fags bring up google wallet
>the crappy never accepted, didn't work even online trash wallet that is now dead

Corporations don't care that you eat fast food 5 days a week, fatass.

>Google did it first
>Apple's is more popular
>Goolge's new version gains popularity
>they're copying Apple
Seek professional help, you need a lot of it.

>have debit card use the ATM to get cash.
>use cash where I want untraceable.

Credit rating bureaus can sell your data. They aren't financial institutions. That's the loophole. BUT a credit bureau cannot have a financial institution interest to keep it safe.

Except Apple Pay isn't more popular because a merchant has to have apple pay licensing whereas any credit card read with NFC will take Android/Google/Samsung pay.

Thanks for the clarification.

So is it still safe to say that using Android Pay is really no less of a botnet than using a normal CC since the credit agencies still have access to your data and will sell it to third parties?

>Isn't that how you end up with millions of CC applications and offers in the mail?

Most CCs have fees so they make money off of that. Also, the better your CC the more offers you get. This is because the CC companies know that you aren't going to lose them money by defaulting on your bill so you are a more desired customer.

I remember I had to apply for my first CC from my bank, but once I got a perfect credit score I started getting CC offers every week.

LOL

>i know nothing about contactless payments

The bank pays apple a % of the transaction, the same with android pay and samsung pay